Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

Harvest, im trying to remember so may be a bit off but I believe that I started bcp on cd3 then Lupron the last week of my bcp, so they overlapped for a bit. This is for long protocol though, everyone is not on that, I believe kaylakin didnt take Lupron at all. Lupron was about 10 days long, basically till I got my pd then I could start stimming. There is no lag, even while stimming I was on Lupron its just the amount dropped, this was to prevent me from ovulating early. I stunned for about 2 weeks. I think traveling while down regging and stimming is def doable depending on ur dr appts. If u r on the long protocol I think you'd be down regging during labor day weekend and should be fine...or maybe just starting stims which should still be fine. When u go in to discuss you'll get your approximate dates and be able to decide. I'm still hoping for ur positive pregnancy test this weekend though!

Thanks Bepaisly! good info for me, I am really hoping that the timing will workout for our trip. I should find out more tomorrow. Don't think that blood test will be positive b/c I took an IC this morning and it looked pretty negative to me. Maybe I imagined a faint line but my hubby didn't see one :( oh well I know our chances will go up with IVF. Hope you get some more good news tomorrow, keep us updated.

Oh noo, I was waiting for an update from u. I dunno if I really trust the ICs though so maybe you'll get a surprise tomorrow! Anyways, I know IVF is this big process but its really not too hard, just a bit emotionally draining. I'm sure you'll do great if u have to go down that path!

Bepaisley! how are you? Did you get an update on your embies yet? Tomorrow is the big day right? Looks like I will be joining you in the IVF threads, my blood test was negative today :( To top it off my Dr will be away in August so I won't be able to start until he gets back, BOO! I guess I will have to try and keep busy until then. Will be nice to have a little break but I am really (cautiously) optimistic about IVF. Hope you're doing well today, GL tomorrow!

Doing good. Called the nurse today for an update and she said she didnt get an official update but did know I still had embryos growing and I'd meet with the dr tomorrow before ET to get a full update. I hope I have some to freeze but will be just as happy if I can have some great quality embryos to put back right now. Sorry about ur BFN :( I think the month break will be good, I had a break also because I ovulated before my IUI so I had to skip. It felt good to just relax and prepare myself for the following month. I think mentally and physically it's hard to stop but when it's forced u feel kinda relieved knowing u can't do anything about it. Will update tomorrow on the ET, and will def be sticking around till all of us are on the preggo board :)

Ladies, I have a some questions, what is the timeline like from when you start the bcp and then down reg and stim? I am just trying to figure out if we can still make our family reunion on labour day long weekend if we do start right away. So specifically:
What CD do you start the bcp?
If you start down regging on day 14 of the bcp how many days do you do that for?
When you stop the bcp after 3 weeks and keep down regging is there a lag between the down regging and stimming?
How long do you stime for?
and how long after the stimming was you ER?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan :)

Hi Harvest - Sorry I was so late getting back to you. I haven't been on BnB as much in a few days.
My timeline was different than Paisley's because I did the antagonist protocol (shorter, no down regging). I started BCPs on CD3, and stayed on them for 3 1/2 weeks. I stopped the pill and then 4 days later I started stims. I stimmed for 9 days, and on the 10th day I did the trigger shot. After the trigger, you have no more shots, and you wait 36 hours until your egg retrieval. So, my egg retrieval was 12 days after stims (counting the first day of stims as one day). I had a 3-day transfer of 2 embies. The total amount of time from starting BCPs until the embryo transfer was 6 weeks and 1 day. Then of course the 11 day wait until the beta HCG test.
I hope that helped? Do you know if you would definitely be down-regging?
Also - I saw that you had an initial BFN with an IC - but did you go for your blood test yet?
Hope you don't have to go down the IVF route, but if you do, we'll be here to support you! :thumbup:

Bepaisley! how are you? Did you get an update on your embies yet? Tomorrow is the big day right? Looks like I will be joining you in the IVF threads, my blood test was negative today :( To top it off my Dr will be away in August so I won't be able to start until he gets back, BOO! I guess I will have to try and keep busy until then. Will be nice to have a little break but I am really (cautiously) optimistic about IVF. Hope you're doing well today, GL tomorrow!

Harvest - so sorry to hear about your BFN. Maybe a break will be nice? IVF really does boost the chances, and it is nice to mix it up from the IUIs. After so many IUIs, I just felt like I knew it wouldn't work for me (IUI) and I was glad to be moving on.
Again, I'm sorry about the BFN, I know how hard that is. Let us know if you have any questions about the IVF process!

Doing good. Called the nurse today for an update and she said she didnt get an official update but did know I still had embryos growing and I'd meet with the dr tomorrow before ET to get a full update. I hope I have some to freeze but will be just as happy if I can have some great quality embryos to put back right now. Sorry about ur BFN :( I think the month break will be good, I had a break also because I ovulated before my IUI so I had to skip. It felt good to just relax and prepare myself for the following month. I think mentally and physically it's hard to stop but when it's forced u feel kinda relieved knowing u can't do anything about it. Will update tomorrow on the ET, and will def be sticking around till all of us are on the preggo board :)

Paisley,
That's great that you still have embies growing! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow. I'm so excited for you. I keep sticking around here, too -I just don't feel totally comfortable on the preggo board. I feel like they should have a preggo after assisted conception board. Still feel like I'm in the same boat as before - even though I'm not. Hard to explain! Oh, to answer your question, my scan went well last week. Everything measured accordingly and they saw a flicker of a heartbeat, but not definitive enough to measure. I was at exactly 6 weeks so right on the border of being able to see one and not see one. I have another scan tomorrow - I really should see one there, so if I don't, I'm going to be freaking out. I'm trying not to freak out unless I have to but it's hard...

Okay good luck tomorrow!! You're almost PUPO!

Sorry for the BFN Harvest :hugs:

Glad to hear things are going well Bepaisley, good luck with ET :thumbup:

Kaylakin - so excited for you and your 'sweet pea' :haha:

I'm still on a break but will start injectibles next month. If that doesn't work I think I am going to take a break for the rest of the year and look at probably IVF in early 2012. Who knew this would turn into an IVF thread...

Ladies, I have a some questions, what is the timeline like from when you start the bcp and then down reg and stim? I am just trying to figure out if we can still make our family reunion on labour day long weekend if we do start right away. So specifically:
What CD do you start the bcp?
If you start down regging on day 14 of the bcp how many days do you do that for?
When you stop the bcp after 3 weeks and keep down regging is there a lag between the down regging and stimming?
How long do you stime for?
and how long after the stimming was you ER?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan :)

Hi Harvest - Sorry I was so late getting back to you. I haven't been on BnB as much in a few days.
My timeline was different than Paisley's because I did the antagonist protocol (shorter, no down regging). I started BCPs on CD3, and stayed on them for 3 1/2 weeks. I stopped the pill and then 4 days later I started stims. I stimmed for 9 days, and on the 10th day I did the trigger shot. After the trigger, you have no more shots, and you wait 36 hours until your egg retrieval. So, my egg retrieval was 12 days after stims (counting the first day of stims as one day). I had a 3-day transfer of 2 embies. The total amount of time from starting BCPs until the embryo transfer was 6 weeks and 1 day. Then of course the 11 day wait until the beta HCG test.
I hope that helped? Do you know if you would definitely be down-regging?
Also - I saw that you had an initial BFN with an IC - but did you go for your blood test yet?
Hope you don't have to go down the IVF route, but if you do, we'll be here to support you! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info, timing will not be as important now b/c my FS is going away in August so I won't start till the end of August I think. We have an appointment on Friday so I guess I'll find out more then. Not positive I will be downregging but the info sheet on his website says that is the protocol. I'll ask Friday. For now it is kind of nice taking some time off of the rollercoaster!

Sorry for the BFN Harvest :hugs:

Glad to hear things are going well Bepaisley, good luck with ET :thumbup:

Kaylakin - so excited for you and your 'sweet pea' :haha:

I'm still on a break but will start injectibles next month. If that doesn't work I think I am going to take a break for the rest of the year and look at probably IVF in early 2012. Who knew this would turn into an IVF thread...

Thanks Mrs Bear! bet you are looking forward to next month! Really hope it works out for you :hugs:

HI Ladies! How are we all today? Big exciting news here, had an appointment on friday with our FS and he has us started on our IVF protocol. We had a long appointment with him and asked him tons of questions and decided that this will be best for us. I was surprised to be starting so soon b/c I thought he was giong away on vacation like the nurse said but then he said that we could start tomorrow if we wanted to, so we did :) He sent me for tons of blood work (like 14 vials) and I started my bcp last saturday. I am having my orientation and sonohysterogram on the 17th of August. He is putting me on the antagonist protocol so no lupron for me just the bcp and then straight to stimming! SO EXCITED!!! OMG Any tips Bepaisley or Kaylakin? Did you totally act preggo while on the pill or have the occasional wine during that time period and then start with the preggo-ness when stimming? Not like I want to go get wasted but it is kinda nice to unwind on the weekends. I should have asked last week but my mind was blown for getting to start so soon.

Yay harvest- sounds great!! I mean sux that you have to do IVF but ur chances will be much higher! It always seems scary at first but then at some point u lose that and are actually excited. Glad ur there cuz it's so much easier when ur totally into and excited about the process. I wonder why some use a protocol with Lupron and some don't? Did ur re mention why? My re tells us to not drink while cycling at all...but he's really strict about diet so I'm not sure if that's really necessary. I'd maybe call ur clinic and ask, they love getting the easy questions :)

Btw kayla I just saw u updated on ur scan last week, for some reason I missed all the updates from u and mrs bear. Glad all is well :)

Yay harvest- sounds great!! I mean sux that you have to do IVF but ur chances will be much higher! It always seems scary at first but then at some point u lose that and are actually excited. Glad ur there cuz it's so much easier when ur totally into and excited about the process. I wonder why some use a protocol with Lupron and some don't? Did ur re mention why? My re tells us to not drink while cycling at all...but he's really strict about diet so I'm not sure if that's really necessary. I'd maybe call ur clinic and ask, they love getting the easy questions :)

Thanks bepaisley, I am going to play it safe and cut our the caffeine and wine not that I have been having much of that stuff lately anyways. Don't want any reason to blame myself for it not working! My Dr said that he is using this kind of protocol because of my type of ovaries? Not too sure exactly but he did say that there are tons of protocols for IVF so they must have some criteria for doing what they do, I hope!

Prob a good idea! I asked the dr beforehand if I could still drink tea and he had said it was fine so I did. Now I keep wondering if that effected my egg quality etc...best to just not do anything you'll regret later! Keep us update on ur cycle!

Oh no! So sorry Bepaisley :hugs: I can't imagine how disappointing that is. It is bad enough with a regular cycle and with IUI. Don't lose hope though, a lot of people get BFN the first try just to get their BFP the next time around :hugs:

Yes it's just that i can't afford to do it again for awhile. I've been going through tests, treatments, meds, cycles for over a year and half now, feel like it'll never happen. Guess it's a forced break from it all, but i know i won't be able to stop thinking about it!

Maybe a break will be good - and there is no reason you can't keep trying on your own in the meantime. You never know when that BFP will come so you can't give up hope :hugs:

I know how what you mean about the cost too - it's awful that it isn't covered more by insurance. It's not like we are doing it for fun, PCOS is a medical condition after all.

Hang in there, your time will come. I've got almost 10 years on you and no way am I giving up yet. One way or another it WILL happen for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->