Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

Another BFN for me. Will be moving on to injectibles next. I have a gut feeling I will end up with IVF too though :nope:

I'm so sorry, Mrs Bear. Do you begin injectables straight away?

BePaisely,
No, I'm not doing progesterone in oil shots, thank god! They gave me the option of those or Crinone gel which is a progesterone suppository (vaginal). I chose the gel because I really didn't want another shot, especially not intramuscularly! So far, the gel is fine. I wear a liner every day in case of slight discharge, but I find it very manageable. Do you know what your clinic offers as far as progesterone support? Also, my clinic said that the gel and the shots were equally effective.

I had my beta this morning. I didn't feel like it had worked at all. I ignored their calls twice because I just didn't want to know. Finally I called in the afternoon and I had questions about FET and when to follow up with the doctor. Turns out, the nurse told me it was positive. I really was floored. I just didn't have any clue if it had worked or not. She said my HCG was 99 and progesterone was 31. I go back on Thursday for another beta. I can't even believe I'm saying that. I just really thought it hadn't worked. With IVF, you are on so many different hormones, there is no telling what is a real symptom and what's not, and I also think that my body doesn't feel the effects of the hormones as much because of all it has been through if that makes any sense. I just wanted to give you guys some hope for your cycles. Even if you don't think it worked, it can! I always heard people say that and I didn't believe it, but now I'm one of those people.

Anyway, I'm afraid to jinx anything, but I'm just trying to enjoy today for what it is.

Good luck with your appointment on Friday.
Harvest - good luck with this cycle as well!

BePaisely,
No, I'm not doing progesterone in oil shots, thank god! They gave me the option of those or Crinone gel which is a progesterone suppository (vaginal). I chose the gel because I really didn't want another shot, especially not intramuscularly! So far, the gel is fine. I wear a liner every day in case of slight discharge, but I find it very manageable. Do you know what your clinic offers as far as progesterone support? Also, my clinic said that the gel and the shots were equally effective.

I had my beta this morning. I didn't feel like it had worked at all. I ignored their calls twice because I just didn't want to know. Finally I called in the afternoon and I had questions about FET and when to follow up with the doctor. Turns out, the nurse told me it was positive. I really was floored. I just didn't have any clue if it had worked or not. She said my HCG was 99 and progesterone was 31. I go back on Thursday for another beta. I can't even believe I'm saying that. I just really thought it hadn't worked. With IVF, you are on so many different hormones, there is no telling what is a real symptom and what's not, and I also think that my body doesn't feel the effects of the hormones as much because of all it has been through if that makes any sense. I just wanted to give you guys some hope for your cycles. Even if you don't think it worked, it can! I always heard people say that and I didn't believe it, but now I'm one of those people.

Anyway, I'm afraid to jinx anything, but I'm just trying to enjoy today for what it is.

Good luck with your appointment on Friday.
Harvest - good luck with this cycle as well!

OMG Kaylakin! Congrats!!! So exciting :) We were needing some positive news on this thread. Have a H&H 9 months :)

Soooo happy for you Kaylakin! :happydance:

I won't be starting injectibles till sometime in late August. DH will be coming home for 2 weeks leave then so I will be taking birth control til then to make sure we time the cycle right. Hopefully your good BFP dust will rub off on the rest of us :thumbup:

Yaayyyy, omg so so happy for u!! I can't believe u didn't even pick up their calls lol, I hope you go out to celebrate this awesome news! Seriously so excited for u, really does give hope when ever u hear about BFPs on this forum :)
I hope to hear some more from everyone else soon. Oh about the progesterone, for IUIs they put me on supp, but for some reason I've got the shots for the IVF and also saw supp in my big box of meds. I'm afraid I'll be doing the shots cuz in the injectables class she was talking about the shots, def not looking forward to that but I'll really do anything at this point.
Wow can't get over ur news, ESP following along this past month made me so anxious, I was getting nervous when u were saying u were so sure it wouldn't work. Big big congrats!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! KAYLAKIN -- I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!

I just said a well wish prayer for you! I can't believe in about 8 months you will be holding a little baby :) YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

I just said a well wish prayer for you! I can't believe in about 8 months you will be holding a little baby :) YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

Omg - thanks so much! I can't believe anything right now. I can't even think about one day from now, never mind 8 months from now! But Im so excited -- thanks for the well-wishes.

I hope the positive news turns this thread around!!

Omg - thanks so much! I can't believe anything right now. I can't even think about one day from now, never mind 8 months from now! But Im so excited -- thanks for the well-wishes.

I second that :)

Hey Kaylakin-did you have a lap before you started IVF? Were you unexplained?

Hi Harvest. I am unexplained. I did not have a lap before IVF. At one point, the reason I first went to see my FS was because of a possible endometrioma on my L ovary. Turns out they didn't think that's what it was after all, and it went away. But, having said that, even when my FS thought I potentially had endometriosis, he said that he wouldn't do a lap unless I was having pain or if I said that I was not going to do any assisted conception, just have intercourse. He said in those instances surgery has been proven to be helpful. But, he was keen on not doing surgery unless absolutely necessary.

Hi Harvest. I am unexplained. I did not have a lap before IVF. At one point, the reason I first went to see my FS was because of a possible endometrioma on my L ovary. Turns out they didn't think that's what it was after all, and it went away. But, having said that, even when my FS thought I potentially had endometriosis, he said that he wouldn't do a lap unless I was having pain or if I said that I was not going to do any assisted conception, just have intercourse. He said in those instances surgery has been proven to be helpful. But, he was keen on not doing surgery unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks so much for your reply! My Dr is the same regarding the lap, doesn't want to do it unless he has to. Now that I know your story it makes me really think that IVF might work for us too. Thank you :hugs:

Just an update - my cyst is gone!! But a new problem, I didn't get my period so now I'm getting my bloodwork to make sure all my levels are ok to start stimming. I really hope so! I'm excited to get moving!

Just an update - my cyst is gone!! But a new problem, I didn't get my period so now I'm getting my bloodwork to make sure all my levels are ok to start stimming. I really hope so! I'm excited to get moving!

Great news! So happy for you. FX that your bloodwork goes well!

Only one follie for me this month even after the injectibles. What lazy ovaries :growlmad: I guess there is nothing I can do except keep everything crossed. IUI should be sunday or monday.

I hope this IUI works out for u!! Even with the one follie, u never know. So my bloodwork showed I ovulated even on the pill, they told me to come back monday now, dunno whats gonna happen next :/ trying to be patient

I hope this IUI works out for u!! Even with the one follie, u never know. So my bloodwork showed I ovulated even on the pill, they told me to come back monday now, dunno whats gonna happen next :/ trying to be patient

Thanks Bepaisley, Hope that yoru appointment goes well on Monday. Have a good weekend!

Thanks so much for your reply! My Dr is the same regarding the lap, doesn't want to do it unless he has to. Now that I know your story it makes me really think that IVF might work for us too. Thank you :hugs:

No problem! It sounds like we are in the same boat. Our doctors sound similar, too. My doc bases a lot of what he does on the research (as I'm sure a lot of docs to), and he said that even if he went in, found endo, and removed it, it wouldn't necessarily make a difference because that may or may not even be the reason for the infertility. Some women have loads of endo everywhere and are very fertile. Soo, anyway, that's that. Are you going to proceed with IVF you think or not sure?

Only one follie for me this month even after the injectibles. What lazy ovaries :growlmad: I guess there is nothing I can do except keep everything crossed. IUI should be sunday or monday.

Just read this, Harvest. I will keep my fingers crossed for you -- sometimes just switching to the injections does it for people! Good luck for next week!

Hey bepaisley,

That is interesting about the bloodwork - I do hope it doesn't delay things further...but great that the cyst is gone! It's like if it isn't one thing, it's another right? Hope you can pass the weekend quick and get answers on Monday! :hugs:

Yeaa it's so frustrating :/ I left so happy that the cyst was gone then the blood results had to be bad :( I dunno if it's bad really or what it all means. If I just have to stay on Lupron a little longer that's fine but I'm really hoping they dont cancel the whole cycle and I have to start over. Luckily we are busy this weekend and hope I get some answers on Monday. How are you feeling, how was ur appt?? :)

Yeaa it's so frustrating :/ I left so happy that the cyst was gone then the blood results had to be bad :( I dunno if it's bad really or what it all means. If I just have to stay on Lupron a little longer that's fine but I'm really hoping they dont cancel the whole cycle and I have to start over. Luckily we are busy this weekend and hope I get some answers on Monday. How are you feeling, how was ur appt?? :)

The waiting is by far the worst. Good thing you're busy this weekend. I find the weekends go much quicker than weekdays. I hope that maybe it is just more time on Lupron, like you said. What came back off with the bloodwork? Did they test progesterone levels? I really hope you get some clarity on Monday.

My appointment went fine - I just had a second beta drawn. It went from 99 to 214, so they were happy with that. I was so happy, too! :happydance:I go again on Tuesday and if it looks good then that's the last beta they draw. Then they said they would do an u/s a week after that... oh boy...can't even think that far ahead...

Good luck and hope the weekend flies by!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->