Really a Boy?? 12 Week Scan Potty Shots

This is the potty shot our tech was sure it's a boy at 12 weeks. She did say "don't go paint the room but you see what I see". She was pretty confident. Everytime I look at this picture I just want to cry!! Oh and I've have my fair share of crying too, your not a lone on that one.

Honey, Yes I too what a little heartbroken when people replied boy, boy, boy. My husband says I need help and I agreed, lol. I think it's best to just assume boy and accept it and be shocked if they say girl. That's what I'm doing because that's the only way I know how to cope. July seems so far away....I hope you can get an earlier scan for peace of mind!

My sister had TWO boys like me and was sad. They wanted to stop with #2 but she wanted that girl so bad. She tracked her cycle for 1 year, did an acid diet every cycle, and only BD 3-4 days before O. She got her girl on the 3rd try. At her 12 week NT Scan they told her girl but not to go paint a room. Her girl was confirmed at 18 weeks. I swear EVERYBODY is saying we are SO excited about the new baby and really hoping for a girl. I get so angry inside and want to bust out crying all over again. I cannot help my DH has strong boy swimmers. Is this your first baby?

Yes this is my first but I feel if you have a boy first you just keep getting boys. All of friends & family if they had boy first kept getting boys and if girl first than got a boy after. I always thought I would have a girl first then they boy. My SIL just had her 3rd boy. My husband also says I need help and is worried I'm not going to love the baby once it's here. I know I will love it I'm just extremely disappointed right now. I've turned to the computer now and don't really say much to him about how sad I feel. Everyone says I hope it's a girl. My grandmother last week even went on about how she wants a girl (she had 2 boys). It's so hard. mIL has 5 grandsons and she made it clear she was disappointed we think this ones a boy. (We only told our parents. Don't want anyone else to know until we are 100% sure) glad your sister got her girl Maybe you could try again if this one is a boy with her secret techniques. I'm not 100% convinced your pic is all boy though. I think most of those ladies are just taking a guess and after looking at so many "nubs" lol I've seen ones that look like yours turn out to be a girl... I also get so jealous which I know is wrong when my friends are posting pictures of their baby girls. It just proves that only God knows what in store for our future and when you have a certain vision for your life it's sure not to go that way if he has other plans!!

This is the potty shot our tech was sure it's a boy at 12 weeks. She did say "don't go paint the room but you see what I see". She was pretty confident. Everytime I look at this picture I just want to cry!! Oh and I've have my fair share of crying too, your not a lone on that one.

I kinda think it looks too big to be a penis , especially that early . I had very similar shot with my first son and it was at lest half the size ( lenght ) . Just don't count on being a boy ... :flower:

I also think americanhoney your pictures look very girly ...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...-13-2-weeks-any-guesses-just-profile-pic.html

Here are my pictures . I don't have potty shots since the technician didn't even show me anything , just said boy ...
All the gender guesses are based on nub or scull theory - viz the link I posted before about babies genitalia at early stages ....

Yes this is my first but I feel if you have a boy first you just keep getting boys. All of friends & family if they had boy first kept getting boys and if girl first than got a boy after. I always thought I would have a girl first then they boy. My SIL just had her 3rd boy. My husband also says I need help and is worried I'm not going to love the baby once it's here. I know I will love it I'm just extremely disappointed right now. I've turned to the computer now and don't really say much to him about how sad I feel. Everyone says I hope it's a girl. My grandmother last week even went on about how she wants a girl (she had 2 boys). It's so hard. mIL has 5 grandsons and she made it clear she was disappointed we think this ones a boy. (We only told our parents. Don't want anyone else to know until we are 100% sure) glad your sister got her girl Maybe you could try again if this one is a boy with her secret techniques. I'm not 100% convinced your pic is all boy though. I think most of those ladies are just taking a guess and after looking at so many "nubs" lol I've seen ones that look like yours turn out to be a girl... I also get so jealous which I know is wrong when my friends are posting pictures of their baby girls. It just proves that only God knows what in store for our future and when you have a certain vision for your life it's sure not to go that way if he has other plans!!

I think it's quite a shame that people don't look at a child (regardless of gender) as a Blessing and love them just as they are, especially people on the outside. God has a great plan for your baby and I PROMISE you will absolutely love your son if that's indeed what you are having. My little boy has stolen my heart! He started said "Mommy" in the last month and I melt everytime he calls my name. That's the first thing he does in the morning when he wakes up! He is precious and don't give up hope on a little Miss. This is only your first. Dr. Shettles has a book called "How to Choose the Sex of your Baby" that my sister used. I used it as well this time BUT I was impatient and didn't track my cycle long enough because I was ready to get pregnant. You need to track for MONTHS before even thinking about trying. My sister used the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor which is what I used as well.

I completely messed up on timing but then again I know if God wanted me to have a girl this time I would have one regardless. We will get through this! :hugs:

Americanhoney - I swear I must be blind, I don't see anything between the legs on your potty shot.

Americanhoney - I swear I must be blind, I don't see anything between the legs on your potty shot.

I am not professional but I would also swear that's a girl . Especially the shot where you can see the tree lines which is signature for girls :haha:
My sons shots look totally different

Hi americanhoney! Congrats on your pregnancy! I have zero expertise with nub theory or skull theory so I have no input on gender guesses. I did want to say, as a mommy to 3 boys, I know how real gender disappointment can be. I went through it with 2 of my sons. DS #1 and DS #2. Then I had a MMC before DS #3 and it totally changed my whole outlook on life and family. I have learned that my boys are the blessings I never knew I wanted... if that makes sense. I cannot imagine life without them. And I can't imagine having one without the others. They are awesome together. They have the best relationship and would be totally different if they didn't have each other. I couldn't be any further away from disappointed now. But I know how the initial disappointment feels. I found picking out a name really helped me and finding the cutest coming home outfit.
And you never know... We thought we would be done with 3 children but I just didn't feel complete yet. Four is our number no matter what we end up having and I know I'll be OK with whatever the outcome.

If you ever want to chat... feel free to PM me.

She saw the little "pee pee" or what looks like one but I'm not so sure that's the nub showing through the legs at this point. Also, on the other image where you can't see anything she noticed the white patches that are in a triangle shape (1 on top, 2 on bottom) which is indicative of a boy. If this turns out to be a girl I'll be over the Moon and shocked. If it's a boy I'll be happy too! I'm learning to cope with the second boy idea!

Thanks for looking! :hugs:

Hi americanhoney! Congrats on your pregnancy! I have zero expertise with nub theory or skull theory so I have no input on gender guesses. I did want to say, as a mommy to 3 boys, I know how real gender disappointment can be. I went through it with 2 of my sons. DS #1 and DS #2. Then I had a MMC before DS #3 and it totally changed my whole outlook on life and family. I have learned that my boys are the blessings I never knew I wanted... if that makes sense. I cannot imagine life without them. And I can't imagine having one without the others. They are awesome together. They have the best relationship and would be totally different if they didn't have each other. I couldn't be any further away from disappointed now. But I know how the initial disappointment feels. I found picking out a name really helped me and finding the cutest coming home outfit.
And you never know... We thought we would be done with 3 children but I just didn't feel complete yet. Four is our number no matter what we end up having and I know I'll be OK with whatever the outcome.

If you ever want to chat... feel free to PM me.

Oh thank you so very much! Yes, I have felt AWFUL since finding out...complete guilt. I have friends who can't even conceive and I'm over here crying over having another boy. I'm so blessed beyond measure and pray the Good Lord forgives me for being so selfish. I love my son and I know I'll love another just as much. I just never saw myself being a mama to boys and no girls but I think that goes for most mom's. We have picked out a name for a boy but I'm finding it hard that this baby won't need anything. Everything will be handed down from our first son. Don't get me wrong that's a blessing in itself but the second pregnancy is so different from the 1st. I wish I would have soaked up the 1st pregnancy a little more. I'm going to buy this baby a going home outfit. Poor little guy needs something new! :thumbup:

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm going to add you to my contacts!
Congrats on 3 babies and #4 on the way! That's wonderful and you are blessed! :hugs:

I am not professional but I would also swear that's a girl . Especially the shot where you can see the tree lines which is signature for girls :haha:
My sons shots look totally different

Aww thank you! Do you have your shots for your son? I may have looked at them already! I got February 12th for my anatomy/gender ultrasound. :thumbup:

I went today for my 12 Week appointment and they did a complimentary scan to make sure Baby was doing well! Here's a picture of my sweet pea sucking his/her thumb! :baby:

I'm in Love! :cloud9:

Attachments

• Baby B#2 12Week Ultrasound.jpg
    Baby B#2 12Week Ultrasound.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 9
image.jpg

It's not very clear picture . I had to take a picture of the photo I had in my photo book . I am not sure where the original photo is . :shrug:

The images I got earlier this week (potty shots) makes everything looks SO small compared to today's ultrasound at my doctor. They didn't even attempt to look down there today! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->