Really a Boy?? 12 Week Scan Potty Shots

americanhoney

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I had a scan yesterday to make sure baby was doing okay due to spotting.
Baby was moving and waving which was so reassuring. Anyway, the tech is convinced I'm having a boy. I was really hoping for a girl and am already dealing with Gender Disappointment. Shame on me I know but we already have one boy and my husband wants to be done with two. Its so hard not to notice mama's walking around with their daughters and noticing every single Babydoll and Smocked Dress. Just wanted your opinion as well! :thumbup:
I do know how blessed I am to have a baby at all and I am very Thankful. Thanks Ladies :hugs:

Attachments

• Baby #2 (3).jpg
    Baby #2 (3).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Baby #2 (4).jpg
    Baby #2 (4).jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Baby #2 (5).jpg
    Baby #2 (5).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 140
It's too early to tell with potty shot. It's more about side and nub shot. I am having a girl and there was definitely something in between legs at 12 weeks

It's too early to tell with potty shot. It's more about side and nub shot. I am having a girl and there was definitely something in between legs at 12 weeks

Thanks so much for your response. The nub theory really throws me off! In one image it looks somewhat straight and the next it looks like it's angled up. I cried all night last night! I talked to my Husband about adopting a 3rd to ensure we had a little girl but he's not for it. He would rather try again on our own. I did do the gender sway (diet, Shettles method, supplements) but I messed up on timing. I'm a Christian and truly Believe God gives you the child he wants you to have so I've just got to be thankful for his plan.

Oh hunny gender disappointment is real. I looked at all your pics and the first nub definitely looks boy but the other two I think i would lean girl although not sure I see a nub. Did the tech mention the angle and stuff or just look in between legs?

I am having two girls and although would love a boy we are stopping at two too.

Try putting pics on in gender . They have techs and usually very accurate with nubs

Bless you! Yes, it is real and I feel so very selfish and I wish I could change how I felt. I didn't mention the Nub theory (she didn't look at that at all) she only looked between the legs and saw the Pee Pee (or what looks like it). I know a girl at this point can still protrude out so I'm wondering if what she saw between the legs was actually the nub. Also, on the potty image with no Pee Pee visible she said the "white patches" look like a boy.

Well, I'm happy for you. My mama had me and my older sister and now wouldn't have had it any other way. My sister and I are the best of friends and would absolutely be LOST without one another. I think sometimes God knows what the baby is going to need versus what the mother wants. He gives us what we need instead of what we want and later realize it's what we wanted all along. If you did want to shoot for a boy I can definitely tell you what to do to get one!! It's all about timing :hugs:

Im not sure if you have to be a member. I agree that whatever you are destined to have is what will be. All little babies are a blessing and you sound like you have a great mindset. Although I wouldn't say you are definitely having a boy. There was something in between my dd2 ultrasound that definitely stuck out and could have looked like a penis at 12 weeks. When will you find out for sure?? Do you think if it is a boy you will go for a third?? I'd have 3 but my dh definitely only wants two.

Im not sure if you have to be a member. I agree that whatever you are destined to have is what will be. All little babies are a blessing and you sound like you have a great mindset. Although I wouldn't say you are definitely having a boy. There was something in between my dd2 ultrasound that definitely stuck out and could have looked like a penis at 12 weeks. When will you find out for sure?? Do you think if it is a boy you will go for a third?? I'd have 3 but my dh definitely only wants two.

I posted and everyone thinks a Boy from Nub shot. I've been feeling like I wanted three children anyway so we will probably go for a 3rd but that will be it. I'm most likely not going to get on BC after baby's birth and just use my fertility monitor to avoid ovulation. My DH really only wants 2 as well but he wants to give me that girl. He's a hunter and will have his boys to do things with but I won't have anyone...:cry:

I'll go back at 16 weeks most likely to confirm. I really don't know how I'm going to get through this disappointment. I've already thought about how in the world I'm going to bond with my baby. Lord help me...I don't want to be that mother. It doesn't help that ALL of Facebook land and Family says GIRL I think your having a GIRL so I feel like I'm disappointing everyone. I told my MIL and she said she was hoping for a girl to which doesn't make me feel any better. :nope:

I can relate to the family thing. My mom had me and my sister. Then I had daughter, ,my sister had twin girls in November, and I'm having another girl. And I think both my sister and I are done. So all girls. My dh is pretty adamant in only two. We will see. I know if I had a third it would be another girl anyways.
Once you have your little boy( if it is boy) you wouldn't imagine it any other way. And I've heard boys really love their mamas,

Thank you! Yes, my son does love me and I pray he always does. My DH is the opposite-while he loves his mom he doesn't tell her and doesn't hug her and hardly talks to her. I'm trying so hard to build a great relationship with my son so that one day even though he will most likely get married and cling to his wife I pray that he will still adore his mama just as much.

With girls, they always need their Mom and do everything with their Mom. That's what makes me the saddest. I find a little hope when I watch Duck Dynasty and see Mrs. Kay with all of her grown up boys and the wives who have now become her daughters. Hopefully my boys grow up to marry sweet girls who will be good to my son and become like a daughter to me.

Part of me is scared to try again for #3 because if it's a boy I really don't think I'll be able to cope. Thanks for the encouragement! I truly appreciate it :hugs:

Hello , I know how you feel . We are pregnant with second too . We wanted just one child but than we decided it would be nice for DS to have a sibling and we both wanted to try for a girl
When we had our 13 weeks NT scan they told us it is a boy for sure ...
So now we are both ok now knowing it's a boy but not counting on that for sure . Will find out Monday when I am 17+2 . I am sure I am going to hear it's a boy but at least I can be sure .
I am same as you , I cannot stop looking at girl stiff everywhere . Even before my son was born . The first time I didn't care if it's a boy or girl but this time I sure wanted to hear it's a girl . And I kinda feel guilty about it :cry:
I also posted picture here on BnB and most said boy ( except like one ) and on ingender it was most girl except 2 boy guesses but those two were the most accurate women in guessing :shrug:
Just don't count on a boy yet since 12 weeks I heard is pretty much shot of 50/50 guessing I heard .
Good luck , let us know when u find out for sure :flower:
Ps : I heard many stories where they have been told even at 20 week scan it's a boy for sure and than a girl was born :winkwink:

I'm glad I'm not in the boat alone :cry:

I have only bought a Pink Minky blanket and a really smocked dress. I don't know that I'll ever have a girl to use them. I hope we can both be happy once the babies are born. I've been so fearful already of not wanting to hold my baby once he is born. Awful I know...God forgive me. Normally, I completely trust God with everything I am but with this I've kind of lost hope. I think I'm going to have to take this one day at the time. I'm not due until July 17th so I feel like this sadness might last a while. I'm trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it. I'm debating getting the NT scan next week. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

When are you due?

I'm glad I'm not in the boat alone :cry:

I have only bought a Pink Minky blanket and a really smocked dress. I don't know that I'll ever have a girl to use them. I hope we can both be happy once the babies are born. I've been so fearful already of not wanting to hold my baby once he is born. Awful I know...God forgive me. Normally, I completely trust God with everything I am but with this I've kind of lost hope. I think I'm going to have to take this one day at the time. I'm not due until July 17th so I feel like this sadness might last a while. I'm trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it. I'm debating getting the NT scan next week. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

When are you due?

I am due June 14 th
I am sure once you will hold your baby you gonna fell in love as much as you did with your first son :hugs:
May be even sooner , you will see ! Imagine how wonderful it would be for your son to have a brother and they can play socker together etc :happydance:
And they both get married and you gonna get two daughters in law and I am quite sure one of them are going to give you granddaughter and you can smother her as much as you can and want :hugs::winkwink:
I was so sure I am gonna have a daughter I bought beautiful going home outfit for her , beautiful blanket an outfit for summer :shrug:
I kept the recipe but I am not willing to take it back yet . Sometimes when I am alone I take the bag and hold the clothes and imagine how my daughter would look like in them :shrug::blush:

You know ... I believe everything happens for a reason :flower: , really ! You have to believe if god gave you another son , there was a reason to it . :hugs:
Hope you gonna feel better soon :hugs:

I know how your feeling. Just had 12 weeks scan last week and defiantly something between legs. Tech was pretty sure it's a boy. I didn't think about it until she said it and it hit me a lot harder than I thought. I didn't realize how disappointed I would feel. I feel like a horrible person for feeling this way and like you, told MIL and she defiantly wanted a girl. Said that's the story of her life, another boy grandchild. So that didn't help. My parents act like I should never feel this way and husband doesn't understand either. I also believe God has a plan and gives you what his knows is best but I still can't stop this feeling. Also noticing all the moms with cute baby girls, pink dresses and bows, along with the great bond they share when they are older. Sorry your going though this. If it makes you feel any better in my 12 wk potty shot there is "something" sticking out a lot farther than yours so maybe yours will shrink up!! Praying for you, I know it's a bad feeling but know your not alone.
Also see your from NC. Me too! Not sure if you know where new bern is :)

I know how your feeling. Just had 12 weeks scan last week and defiantly something between legs. Tech was pretty sure it's a boy. I didn't think about it until she said it and it hit me a lot harder than I thought. I didn't realize how disappointed I would feel. I feel like a horrible person for feeling this way and like you, told MIL and she defiantly wanted a girl. Said that's the story of her life, another boy grandchild. So that didn't help. My parents act like I should never feel this way and husband doesn't understand either. I also believe God has a plan and gives you what his knows is best but I still can't stop this feeling. Also noticing all the moms with cute baby girls, pink dresses and bows, along with the great bond they share when they are older. Sorry your going though this. If it makes you feel any better in my 12 wk potty shot there is "something" sticking out a lot farther than yours so maybe yours will shrink up!! Praying for you, I know it's a bad feeling but know your not alone.

I am from NC too :winkwink:
At 12 weeks all the babies have something sticking out in between the legs . It's there till like 16 weeks . It's the angle of the nub that makes the nurse / doctor / technician guess the gender :thumbup:
You can look here : https://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Oh it would be SO nice to stay in touch. I wish for the both of us that we could have girls and maybe that's in our future but I know God see all of the details of this baby's life. He is giving us another boy for a good reason I just can't get past all this smocked bubbles on sale on my FB feed. :haha:

I am from Kinston originally and live in Benson (1 hour away) where my husband is from. My Dad actually does all of the landscaping for Bosch in New Bern (It's a Small world)!

I have cried for two days. I just hope and pray that I fall so in love with my baby after birth. I've watched the adoption shows "I'm having their baby" and watch the mom's give up their babies. I sit there and think how in the world can they give their baby up because once they are here the gender is irrelevant. I had told my husband that the first thing I was doing after finding out it was a girl was to buy a Babydoll from the Disney Store. I extra notice girly everything now. :cry:

I will be praying for you too!

We will have to keep each other updated when we find out for sure. I'm still holding out hope for pink even though hubby says picture says it all. I am driving myself crazy looking at every ultrasound picture online and every post. It's hard to find potty shots esp. one that looks boy but turns to girl. I know they say at 12 weeks they all look similar but i want to see proof. I just came across your post in ingender and everyone guessed boy for me too or said it's too early. Not what I was hoping for. When do you go back for next scan? I have to wait 7 more weeks, seriously thinking of getting a earlier one done but paying for it at the elective ultrasound places. At least then I will know for sure!!

Proudmomma2b that's crazy we are all from NC.!!! Can you post your pics on here from 13 weeks since they were so sure. Also keep us updated on your next scan!!!

This is the potty shot our tech was sure it's a boy at 12 weeks. She did say "don't go paint the room but you see what I see". She was pretty confident. Everytime I look at this picture I just want to cry!! Oh and I've have my fair share of crying too, your not a lone on that one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh