Really concerned!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Ok.. I was treated for thrush then given anti-biotics to clear up the infection! Last time I saw the doc I told her that I was still having symptoms.. so she took another swab!

This morning I get the surgery phone me up saying I needed to go in and see the nurse for a chlamydia swab! :shock:

Im googling and its so dangerous... if I do have it then I would have had it when pregnant obviously and it can be so so dangerous for the baby! So I just dont get it! My partner is very loyal to me so I dont think for a second that he has played away... which would mean I could have been carrying it for like 5 years??!?! :shrug:

How unlikely is it for both of us to not have any symptoms?? Also we have had sex once since birth and he got male thrush which cleared up with cream! My symptoms have gone now and Im on my first period! Im really quite worried!

aww sorry to hear it hun..the might jus be doing it as a precortion...but u can have it for years and not no as loads of people dont get symptoms....if it is then least its been caught now without it being a further few years im sure LO wil be ok hun i dont no to much about it x x x

Seriously you can have no symptoms? Right I'm off down clinic.. :rofl:

:hugs: Well I hope they figure it out soon

The only person I could've caught it from would've been what, almost 4 years ago now?!Still going to get checked now though.. :rofl:

aww i'm sorry hunny seems like one thing after another for you, but u never know u might not have it, they were talking about that on that program on channel 4 last night the sex education show,

Ive got my swab on friday morning so will ask the nurse lots of questions then!! Cos surely if I have it then courtney will need to be treated too... they can develop pneumonia and all sorts!
I am hoping I havent got it and it is just precaution! God I wish they never rang me saying this!

I think they like to cover all bases, ive been for smear tests and they've said while your here will test for chlamydia. Did you have any swabs taken whilst pregnant because if so they that would of showed up. Maybe they just dont know whats causing your symptoms and want to checck everything!x

I think they like to cover all bases, ive been for smear tests and they've said while your here will test for chlamydia. Did you have any swabs taken whilst pregnant because if so they that would of showed up. Maybe they just dont know whats causing your symptoms and want to checck everything!x

Thanks hun.... had no swabs whilst pregnant.... but 2 since!!

The first one came back fine...!! Then had the second one last week and now been called for this one :shrug:

No for me I asked to be looked at cos the pessary for thrush didnt really work!

Perhaps its just to rule it out.

I had chronic thrush after the birth of my son. OMG- I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It was SO bad that my partner and I gave it back to one another for years. Got tested for everything under the sun and all they could find was thrush. I tried every medication on the market, every homeopathic remedy I could find and suffered still. Finally when we split- it went away! I bet you it's similar to the thrush I had. Hang in there and see if you can abstain from sexy time for a while.

Boots do free chlyamedia (sp) tests for under 25's

Me & my friends used to do them religiously

(god now we sound like sluts :rofl:)

I sure its just rountine, don't worry and just speak to the nurse when she does the test x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->