REALLY weird question...kinda TMI

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by CountryS2011, Oct 10, 2013.

1. CountryS2011

CountryS2011 Well-Known Member

So I went pee yesterday and it smelled slightly sweet? Yeah...

Then I went today and it smelled REALLY sweet...like not obviously good sweet smell, I mean sweet as in sweets...like the sweet smell...you get it -.-

Why?

2. cat123456

cat123456 mummy of 2 and expecting

Hav u had a gdt test recently could b gestational diabetes? Go to dr or mw xx

3. CountryS2011

I had my GD tst at 28 weeks and it came back perfect

4. lotuspetals

lotuspetals Well-Known Member

Hmmm..I would call your Dr. or bring it up at your next appt. Could be sugar in your urine even if you passed the glucose test at 28 weeks. I passed mine, but my Dr. still made me do another at 32 weeks.

..however, could maybe just be something you ate or drank to cause the sweet smell?

5. CountryS2011

My next apt is on the 22nd...and today is the 10th. So 12 days...I might see if it goes away. I don't feel it's a huge concern but I'm still concerned

6. J.D.

J.D. Well-Known Member

Sweet smell can also indicate a yeast infection. But yeah, there were women in my diabetes "class" who'd been diagnosed at 36 weeks after testing fine at 28, so it's still possible you have GD. Worth having it checked out.

7. fxmummyduck

fxmummyduck Well-Known Member

Is it a bit like pear drops? If so it means your ketones are raised and you're not drinking enough! You probably need to up your fluid intake and also make sure you're eating well.

8. girlnboots

girlnboots Mother to 4 furbabies

I had sweet pee once or twice in a row and it went away. I chalked it up to dehydration.