Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

It's still an infant carrier BUT you know the mamas and papas travel systems? Their infant carriers are really good, much roomier'//upright than say a maxi cosi for example, My friends LO is the same size as Ava, though shes older (about 16m now), and still in hers. Theyve only just ordered the volvo multitech, Its this one she has - https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-primo-viaggio-es-polka-isofix-compatible/419383000/type-i/

purple do you have your car seat now? we have the volvo seat in our ford focus and Daisy's comfy :) My knees almost touch the front but its not uncomfy :flower: x

Rachel, have you seen the Maxi Cosi Opal (I think it's the Opal). I think it's Binxyboo who has it. It's a combi seat which does to 13kg, and I think it's a different shape to the First Class Plus. I know she said it went in her Smart Car where the FC+ wouldn't.

I was going to say about the mamas and papas infant carrier. It's the primo viggio it lasts a lot longer than any other I have seen. My LO is fairly small but he still fits in ours now! It's fine up to around 25lb and is quite tall.

Yep, I'd reccommend the mamas and papas now having seen my friend still using it, Think she'd still use it for longer but shes due another baby next month so thats why shes moving her LO into the volvo one.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be having a good look! Might take the car up to Mamas and Papas and Mothercare tomorrow and see if they'll try some seats out for me :)

Rachel i had the M7P viaggo for the boys and both of mine out grew it by 4 1/2 months it is a more upright infant carrier than others ive seen but i didnt find it roomy with my boys lol but i do have giant babies, this baby will be going into the First class plus and we will have to move EJ into a larger seat , ( he needs to anyway as he currently would have to ff,

the primo viaggo does fit in the back of a golf though even behind my 6ft6 DH. we just left the handle up ( it was on an easyfix base ) cause it makes it almost an inch longer when you lay the handle back , hth

Yep, I'd reccommend the mamas and papas now having seen my friend still using it, Think she'd still use it for longer but shes due another baby next month so thats why shes moving her LO into the volvo one.

same as me :thumbup:

Hmm well I had a look at the M&Ps one today and Leyla point blank refused to sit in it. It didn't look like it would be big enough for her really anyway so I think that one is out. I'll try Halfords to see if they have the Maxi Cosi Opal next!

Does anybody know of a combi seat that isn't quite as deep as the Britax First Class Plus when RF? We have the BeSafe ERF seat for LO but we're expecting the next baby in August and need a seat for her. It will have to go behind the driver's seat of our Golf (eek!) - the Britax PC+ is about an inch and a half too deep and touches the driver's seat, which it's not supposed to do (unlike our other seat, where it is allowed to make contact with the front seat :()

We definitely can't fit an ERF seat behind the driver's seat so I'm looking for a combi seat that will last to around 2 years/13KG. By the time baby is ready for the next seat, LO no 1 will be 4 so we'll be looking to move her into something else, or buy a bigger car. Damn Britax for making seats that can't touch the seat in front!

I don't want to get an infant carrier, even if it is one that will last till 13KG cos LO was ready to come out of hers at 9 months - it needs to sit up more than that. I know we could put one child in the front seat with the airbag off but we do several long car journeys a year where it would be better for both children to be in the back with an adult, and I worry about obstructing the view out of the front side window.

Hi, I have a similar situation although my little girl is a bit younger. I am thinking of the concord intense, a very new baby seat that lasts longer than the standard baby seats 13kg/18 months. by which time my girl wil be 3 and go forward facing so youngest can have the besafe. It lies near flat for newborns and then can be adjusted to more upright after 4 months. Lots of people stock it online but havent been able to see one in the flesh yet :-(

I posted a question on a combi seat on the Halfords website over the weekend and they replied today, which I thought was pretty good! They confirmed that the Maxi Cosi Opal is slightly slimmer than the Britax First Class Plus but of course they said that it would need to be tested in our car because the slope of the seats and other factors can make the fit different. I'll be taking the car up to Halfords tomorrow and see if it'll fit, fingers crossed!

ooh hopefully it fits for you! I have to say as much as i loved the britax FC+ and its done us good till now, Its bloody massive!! I got a picture today of the volvo multitech, and the britax FC+ next to each other in use in my car if anyones interested to see size difference just let me know!

See I didn't think the First Class was that big (and it was so frustrating that it very nearly fit in our car) but I am used to our BeSafe seat so anything's going to look small compared to that I suppose!

oo0o can i have a look at that pic hun, i am gonna need 2 multi techs by christmas ( ouch my poor wallet ) for the boys since the baby will have the firstclass+

we had a vw 2008 golf the FC+ was behind my seat but we are gonna need a 7+ seater for when this baby arrives im trying to find one that will suit us that DH's dad would aggree to buying

Its actually not the best pic, Im looking down at an angle rather than across at the same level as the car, Its still in the car though so i will take another today when i go out.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly