• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Nothing exciting, just a focus estate, plenty of room for the MT :D

I always find new cars exciting :rofl:

I love Estates. Really miss our old Volvo 850, which was a tank! Got a Renault Vel Satis at the moment, which is mostly a lovely car, but we're falling out with it. My DH is now going on about swapping it for a Volvo S80. :dohh: We've become one of those couples of change their car more often than some people change their underwear :blush:

Just wondering if anyone had info on the maxi cosi mobi (I think) I just made up a thread on it ;)

Thankieeesssss

I just bought a 0+ to 1 seat expecting it would go RFing till 13kg, but sadly it only goes to 10kg and my LO is 11.5 :( I'm really disappointed because i thought it would last him till he was about 3 now that his weight gain is so slow. I don't think a store would allow me to return a carseat would they (even though it's not been used)?

Where could i buy the britax 2 way? I'm going away with family (they are the ones with the car, i don't even have one) so need a seat by next Friday.

I have no idea whether you are in the UK or not, but you could try looking at www.rearfacing.co.uk for a list of stockists in your area. You should phone them before going though, as that list can be somewhat out of date. Not every store will necessarily have the 2-way - I know that none local to me sell it.

The In Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes certainly sells the Britax Hi-Way, not sure about the 2-way. They deliver, and I'd imagine you could ask about getting it with express shipping or something to make sure it was here.

Another option would be the likes of the Maxi Cosi Opal or the Britax First Class Plus. They both RF to 13kgs. You could also look on the Mothercare website, as they offer a number of 0+/1 seats, again I think you can get express delivery.

I don't know where you stand on returning a carseat, sorry. If it's still in the packaging, I don't see how they could refuse to take it back. I don't know if there are specific laws on this though.

The Incarsafety Centre in Milton Keynes sells the two way and will deliver but if you want a seat really quickly and your LO is under 13kg then as Eala says the Britax 1st class or Maxi cosi Opal are probably a better option.

They're available in Mothercare and are easy to fit quickly as you don't need tether straps. But if you want a longer term solution then the 2 way would be the way to go.

hi just wondering if anyone had the safety first air protect 65 car seat? it replaces the eps foam with these new air bags. from what i can see they have only been tested by the manufacturer so wether they work or not i dont know?

anyone have any opinions? eps or these new air protect?

im tossing up between this on and a sunshine kids witch is 200 dollars more and a brio zento witch is 300 more.

the radian harnesses till 80 pounds FF whereas the air protect only to 50 pounds but if the air is better than the foam? omg i dont know so much information!

i like the brio as it attaches with tether straps aswell not just the LATCH. also ive seen on you tube (i know you shouldnt believe everything but i do) that the LATCH can loosen on the radian? and that if you use the seatbelt kids can kick the button?

brio zento?
radian xtsl?
safety first air protect?

Hello, hoping someone here can help me...

I'm looking for a link to a user manual or website of forward facing car seat manufacturers stating that extended rear facing is safer (even though they sell forward facing options). I know I read something before, possibly a quote from maxi cosi....but I can't remember.

It's for a blog post I'm writing but I need evidence of these quotes to back up what I'm saying.

I also have a question on rearfacing seats, I'm looking into buying one for Arlo's next seat.

He's got about an inch before his head is at the top of his cabriofix, so I think it's only a matter of months before we need a group 1 seat.

I like the features and longevity of the Britax Mutitech and Two Way Elite, but neither look particularly comfortable for a younger baby who still likes to sleep a lot in the car.

Woud you suggest either of these for a 10-12 month old baby or is it best to go for another rearfacing option, eg maxi cosi mobi or Opal as they have more support and recline features for a younger baby?

I'm not sure if this is any good for you, but Volvo sell car seats (some are just rebranded versions of other manufacturer's seats but they apparently sell their own Volvo-only seats too) and they say clearly here - https://www.carpages.co.uk/volvo/volvo-car-seat-range-29-06-09.asp - that RF is safer than FF.

I'm not sure if this is any good for you, but Volvo sell car seats (some are just rebranded versions of other manufacturer's seats but they apparently sell their own Volvo-only seats too) and they say clearly here - https://www.carpages.co.uk/volvo/volvo-car-seat-range-29-06-09.asp - that RF is safer than FF.

Wow, fast reply! Thank you, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

If anyone knows of any other such statements from car seat manufacturers do let me know.

I also have a question on rearfacing seats, I'm looking into buying one for Arlo's next seat.

He's got about an inch before his head is at the top of his cabriofix, so I think it's only a matter of months before we need a group 1 seat.

I like the features and longevity of the Britax Mutitech and Two Way Elite, but neither look particularly comfortable for a younger baby who still likes to sleep a lot in the car.

Woud you suggest either of these for a 10-12 month old baby or is it best to go for another rearfacing option, eg maxi cosi mobi or Opal as they have more support and recline features for a younger baby?

I got a Graco DuoLogic when Roo was um.. 10 or 11 months (I forget :blush:) She is tiny, so has only just outgrown her Cabriofix at nearly 21 months, but she found the reclined position very frustrating.

The DuoLogic does birth to 18kg, in Roo's case that will take her to at least 4 years. It can recline down to infant carrier position, but also sits more upright.

It's not the cheapest seat out there, as it can only be imported from Sweden (as far as I know), but it's a very good option when your baby is younger/smaller but getting too big / unhappy with their infant carrier.

We have the Multitech (volvo version, but exactly the same) and our little cherub was put in it at 4.5 months as she'd gotten too big for the infant seat and was over 9Kg. She falls asleep in it all the time and her head rests on the side no problems. You just have to make sure you tether it really really tight so that the angle is such that when they fall asleep they tilt their heads back, not forward.

I would like to recommend /https://www.paulstride.co.uk/

We went to the Volvo dealer and ordered spare tether straps for the multitech and they came in at £50 for the pair. Hubby got online and found the above website, £20 with £5 postage. We ordered them about 11am and they arrived the next day at about 1pm! We were both very impressed!

Thats a great price, can i ask why u need spare straps? I dont, should i have spares?

Over 2000 miles in the last week, DuoLogic2 = Massive Success! (We drove to South of France for a holiday, only one major meltdown, when stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours, apart from that she loved her new seat, and the fact that she was rearfacing meant that her toys didn't end up on the floor - she could rescue them with her feet!)

Thats a great price, can i ask why u need spare straps? I dont, should i have spares?

We have 2 cars, and she'll be in one of my parents cars as well when I eventually go back to work. The rails in my car are very close to the floor, meaning it's a real faff to get the tether straps in and out of the car, and so it's much easier and quicker to have 2 sets. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes to switch cars now, rather than 10 or so minutes struggling with the straps.

I've just bought a 57 plate Vauxhall Meriva, it has storage compartments in the rear passenger footwells, can anyone advise what we should do to make these safe or what seats may be best, I'd prefer not to have the seat in the fromt passenger seat if possible. Thanks.

If you email the guy here he speaks really good english and will suggest some that will work: https://www.carseat.se/store.html :)

You could get a seat without the floor support thingie or if you go to a car dealer, they might be able to fill the compartments for you to make them solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->