• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Hopefully they will make it law, but we all know there will some dick who thinks they know best and put their child FF at 6months or something :dohh:

Theres a woman in my town who drives a tiny wee 2 seater car with her child FF in the front seat :nope:

sadly i can top that-
i ran into someone i used to know in school today in the supermarket car park- not only did she call me over paranoid etc for rear facing-
she has her two year old on a booster seat,
she says its convenient that he can climb in himself, and she cant get a car seat to fit him as he's tall- lyssa's car seat will fit her until she's six- how can her little boy be as tall as a six year old right?
grrrr!!!
needless to say she didnt want to listen to me x

Can't get a tall enough car seat for a 2 yr old....what a load of crap...what about the stage 1-3 seats that expand in height if she wants to FF him.....but some people are just stupid!

Tom is so comfy in his seat. We got the extra head support as he sleeps alot in the car.

lyssa adores her seat, we didnt get hte head support in the end, as lyssa doesnt sleep much in the car, however now she seems to nod off a lot which i can only put down to the rear facing seat! and so i think we're gonna get it!
and yeah she really pissed off with that, he's not that tall for his age in my opinion, and as i pointed out to her- lyssa's car seat will fit a 6 year old, it really stresses me out when people, using her as a prime exmple, has just spent £300 on a new buggy- for her 2 year old none the less, but spent £15 on his car seat!

but spent £15 on his car seat!

£15 seriously!!! So not even a high back booster....that's awful! How does she make sure he sits still with just the seat belt??? :wacko:

Glad to hear Lyssa loves the seat. The head rest def stops Tom's head falling too far forward.

bought a maxi cosi mobi today on ebay, cant wait for it to arrive its going in my dads car so wont get to fit it in there for ages might have a try in my mums fiesta but not sure if it will fit as its a bigger seat, the hi way only just fits!

eeeee seats are exciting!
dont know if anyone has joined but there is a good fb group thats really active:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...s/Rear-Facing-The-way-forward/225535207459452

I joined that group last week, its interesting! I'd love to see a pic of the moby in the car BTW!

just joined the group , now im hassling Mothercare on their FB page about ERF seats lol

Oooh will join that later- i'm on my phone right now- i showed my SIL joels story on youtube and she will be continuing to rear face when the time comes- which is great
And idk how the girl i knew in school keeps her 2 yo on that booster, it just shocks me, i did point out its illegal but she wasnt interested, i just hope she's never in a crash. Does anyoe else find their LO sleeps easier in the car rf- for those who ff for a while? Lyssa always. Hated being in the car ff, now she has a wobbly when we get home from nursery as she doesnt want to get out! X

Does anyone know if Volvo do spare tether straps in the UK, to save me ordering and paying P&P from carseat.se? It's for the Volvo/Britax Multitech.

yeah its a good group :)

i will upload some pics of the mobi install when i do it!

oh i'm not sure dimbo, maybe worth giving volvo a ring? i'd imagine the volvo ones would be cheaper if they did x

In car safety sell spare tethers- we got a second set when we ordered our 2 way elite, maybe check on there website- p and p is free x

They should be able to, my friend got the same seat and hers only had one tether strap in it for some reason, but she just told them and they ordered another for her!x

Have joined the Facebook group - thanks for that link. Looks like a really active group.

bought a maxi cosi mobi today on ebay, cant wait for it to arrive its going in my dads car so wont get to fit it in there for ages might have a try in my mums fiesta but not sure if it will fit as its a bigger seat, the hi way only just fits!

eeeee seats are exciting!
dont know if anyone has joined but there is a good fb group thats really active:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...s/Rear-Facing-The-way-forward/225535207459452

I think i've joined a simula rgroup but will join this one too- thanks! :)

Ok this is very random but today i was driving along and i noticed a Mazda next to me with a Be Safe Izi combi in the back exactly the same as ours, there was no child in it though but as he drove past he had a good bog at my DD in the back of our car in her car seat, i bet he was as shocked to see some one with a ERF car seat as i was, i've never seen anyone with one before in our area!!

haha thats fab!

i think if i saw someone i would probably not be able to help epicly smiling and waving or something :wacko:

i'm gonna want to be staying in this week waiting at my door for my new seat!
i've been researching car safetly though, and my mums car, whom i travel with most is terrible its a tin can basicly and after seeing the crash test vids i've been trying to talk her into buying a tank of a volvo :lol:

i really want to learn to drive myself but i couldn;t afford to keep a car on the road :( at least not now anyway.

for anyone looking there is a isofix recaro polaric on ebay at the moment £31 +courrier fees few days to go not bad...

I think im going to order my seat tomorrow, i know its not a propper rear facing seat but it will fit Niamh rear facing untill shes 3, hopefully by then we will have a car so can get a propper ERF seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->