Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Could you ladies with ERF seats with tethers show me your anchor points please? :)

i cant upload pics at the moment,
but i have anchored around the seat bite (where the top of seat connects to bottom part)
on the seat rails (where seat runs back and forth)
and once on tether loops

x

Could you ladies with ERF seats with tethers show me your anchor points please? :)

With the Maxi-Cosi Mobi we have the tethers around the part of the front passenger seat- the round dial that can be turned to ajust the seat...if that makes sense??

Thats the only place I can do them!:flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
That's fine, I have no problem answering any questions just don't want other people to think I'm pushing it or anything, just really excited about it...especially the awesome deal I got on it

For me it was just looking at the facts...most importantly that kids from ages 1-2 are 500% safer rear facing. There are no actual stats for above 2 but if we look at Sweden's crashes and fatalities with kids it is much lower and it's shown how much safer they are rear facing...it's common in Sweden for kids to RF to 4-5yrs old. But it's also shown that kids spines and neck aren't strong enough to withstand a forward facing crash just because of how the bones are formed until age 3 or so...that's when the bones start to ossify. So even though there aren't more stats for over age 2 there are other things showing how it's safer based on how the bones are formed and all of that.

I didn't rear face Landon very long, actually he was a little before 1 because I thought it was 1yr or 20lbs...he was like 25lbs then when we switched. Thankfully nothing ever happened, they have never been in a wreck. Casen was 13mo when we switched. But just since finding out more and more I feel it's the safest. Getting in a car is dangerous, but obviously we have to do it, I just want to keep them as safe as I possibly can, so I take as many precautions as I can. Hayden has been RF his whole life minus about a month that the seats we had wouldn't work that way in our car...my goal is to get him to 3-4yrs old then I will let him choose like Casen.

I have a few videos that give alot of info and show crash tests if you would be interested in them too :) They aren't scare mongering just facts and showing bigger kids RF to see it is comfy. Casen has a huge vocab, he is quite amazing lol, he is more than capable of telling me if he's comfy or not and he loved riding in it RF today

I was told that sometimes rear facing can do more damage to the child because of their height and weight. I think it is because the rear facing can't hold on to them? I am not sure but if I find it, I'll show it to you.

Anyway, it does make sense to keep them rearfaced longer. I just wish I could turn the car seat (not the infant/booster seat, but the seat itself) around so their feet would not get squished.

That's fine, I have no problem answering any questions just don't want other people to think I'm pushing it or anything, just really excited about it...especially the awesome deal I got on it

For me it was just looking at the facts...most importantly that kids from ages 1-2 are 500% safer rear facing. There are no actual stats for above 2 but if we look at Sweden's crashes and fatalities with kids it is much lower and it's shown how much safer they are rear facing...it's common in Sweden for kids to RF to 4-5yrs old. But it's also shown that kids spines and neck aren't strong enough to withstand a forward facing crash just because of how the bones are formed until age 3 or so...that's when the bones start to ossify. So even though there aren't more stats for over age 2 there are other things showing how it's safer based on how the bones are formed and all of that.

I didn't rear face Landon very long, actually he was a little before 1 because I thought it was 1yr or 20lbs...he was like 25lbs then when we switched. Thankfully nothing ever happened, they have never been in a wreck. Casen was 13mo when we switched. But just since finding out more and more I feel it's the safest. Getting in a car is dangerous, but obviously we have to do it, I just want to keep them as safe as I possibly can, so I take as many precautions as I can. Hayden has been RF his whole life minus about a month that the seats we had wouldn't work that way in our car...my goal is to get him to 3-4yrs old then I will let him choose like Casen.

I have a few videos that give alot of info and show crash tests if you would be interested in them too :) They aren't scare mongering just facts and showing bigger kids RF to see it is comfy. Casen has a huge vocab, he is quite amazing lol, he is more than capable of telling me if he's comfy or not and he loved riding in it RF today

I was told that sometimes rear facing can do more damage to the child because of their height and weight. I think it is because the rear facing can't hold on to them? I am not sure but if I find it, I'll show it to you.

Anyway, it does make sense to keep them rearfaced longer. I just wish I could turn the car seat (not the infant/booster seat, but the seat itself) around so their feet would not get squished.

cant hold onto them? as long as they are propperly restrained within a safe seat and the child is within the height and weight limits for that seat then it is going to hold on to them.
there is less movement with a rear facing seat everything should be solid and when rear facing the child will not move about as a child forward facing would.

their feet dont get squished either, some seats do have less leg room but a child would sit with its legs up naturally anyway. i'd rather they had 'squished' legs than more chance of death anyway.

forward facing isnt unsafe but rear facing is so much safer.

:flower:

I'm sure there are some cases where a child would be safer forward facing but you have to go with what's more likely. The likelihood is that a child would be safer in a RF seat if the car was in an accident. I actually know somebody who was killed in a car accident. He died *because* he was wearing a seatbelt, he probably would have been fine if he wasn't, but you wouldn't say that nobody should wear a seatbelt because of very rare cases like that. It's the same thing.

Iv finally ordered Harrisons new seat! Hi way 2! Good job he still fits in his infant carrier.

I cant wait for it to arrive! Eeeekk! X

ive just emailed hakan on carseat.se to ask advice as think we're gonna go for high way II but want to check. Does anyone know roughly how long their delivery times are to England?

That Mobi looks fab! I love it! I kind of want a new one now haha!

For whoever was asking about tether straps, mine are attached onto the metal bar under the seat. And when i put the seat in my mums car, i attached it aound the metal which attached the seat to the base of the car. Any solid point is ok to use i think.

Harrisons carseat arrived yesterday - i love it! But... iv got to have it hanging off the seat slightly otherwise its sat too upright coz my seats are quite slanted. :wacko: i saw on youtube somebody had a little wedge under their seat, is that something id be able to buy? So id then be able to move the front seat back a tiny bit more and my OH might actually be able to fit in the front lol! (I only have a 3door)

Not sure about the Hi-way, mine came with a wedge bit as part of the seat??

just ordered two hi-ways from incarsafety centre for my two girls :thumbup: can't wait for them to arrive as this has been playing on my mind with my toddler and now my baby needs next size up i've had to make decisions and feel relieved i've been able to do ERF for them :)

grateful to baby and bump and you girls for opening my eyes to all this stuff :flower:

Who ever was asking about the tether strap points.. I had mine fitted for me yesterday at the shop, and the man who was specially trained in fitting ERF seats said that if there are no suitable places to tether, it is oerfectly safe to wrap the tether straps around the backrest part of the front seat. And t shows it being done this way in the instruction manual of my britax multi-tech

Oh and, heres piccies of my LO in her new seat!
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/309023_10150272359551875_577436874_7944765_367543_n.jpg
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/306405_10150272359406875_577436874_7944762_7645429_n.jpg

Harrisons carseat arrived yesterday - i love it! But... iv got to have it hanging off the seat slightly otherwise its sat too upright coz my seats are quite slanted. :wacko: i saw on youtube somebody had a little wedge under their seat, is that something id be able to buy? So id then be able to move the front seat back a tiny bit more and my OH might actually be able to fit in the front lol! (I only have a 3door)

its supposed to hang off the seat to a extent, the foam bits need to kind of slot on the the edge of the seat.

they do or did come with foam wedges to tilt them back a bit, but that just means even less room in the front.
if you didnt get one i would contact the supplier
x

I know its ment to hang off abit but it feels like its too much to me.
I will contact them and see what they say thankyou.
If i can get hold of my brothers laptop i will upload a photo for you to see x

not the best picture also the support leg is not fully extended so ignore that, but shows kind of how it should sit on seat :D
x

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 12
heres mobi pics in a volvo s70

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 8
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
Help! LO is so tall, the shoulder straps are coming from well below his shoulders behind him, to come up over his shoulders and into the clip-together-bit. He's in the Duologic 1, anyone know how to adjust so the straps are coming from a higher slot behind him?

if you look behind/under seat you should see the belt loops around a metal bit, you need to unhook them and pull them out, put them back through the higher slot and hook them back over the metal bit.
it should say in the manual also if you still have it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->