Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

if you look behind/under seat you should see the belt loops around a metal bit, you need to unhook them and pull them out, put them back through the higher slot and hook them back over the metal bit.
it should say in the manual also if you still have it :)

Manual's in Swedish!

Thanks for that. I'll have a go in a bit. :thumbup:

You can get the manual in English via www.carseat.se - https://www.carseat.se/images/DuoLogic1-Manual-CarSeat.se.pdf :)

https://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7310

Bumping this back to the first page with a e-petition for ERF.

If anyone has a britax seat and needs additional tether straps then you can get them from the in car safety centre for £19.40 with free delivery :D I ordered them over the phone on weds am and they arrived fri am.

Nordic (second car) fitting kit They don't have the metal clips to go straight onto anchor points but as i don't have a volvo it doesn't matter to me.

Hi all, just a quick question about the Volvo multi tech car seat, does anyone know if it is the same seat as the Britax Multi tech or is it the same as the Britax Multi tech II? Is there a significant difference? I'm just back on carseat.se looking at seats for my mum as hers was in an accident :( and I just wondered if its worth paying £300 on carseat.se for the newer one, or just get the Volvo one? As usual I can't make a decision!

sorry to hear there was an accident hope evryone was ok :)

i think but dont quote me on this one cos its not a seat i looked at much there is just a different support leg?
if it was me i would go with the volvo one.

Hi all, just a quick question about the Volvo multi tech car seat, does anyone know if it is the same seat as the Britax Multi tech or is it the same as the Britax Multi tech II? Is there a significant difference? I'm just back on carseat.se looking at seats for my mum as hers was in an accident :( and I just wondered if its worth paying £300 on carseat.se for the newer one, or just get the Volvo one? As usual I can't make a decision!

I think its probably the same as the multi tech. I've just bought the britax version a few weeks ago, and didn't see any multi tech II's so maybe it has litrally JUST come out?

Not that it will matter to do you if you are going to order it from the internet, but I went for the britax version over the volvo one so that I could have it fitted by someone who was trained in fitting that particular seat, Volvo don't fir them for you!

Just had a look at the multi tech 2.. from what I can tell, it's the exact same seat. It doesn't have anything that my 'multi tech' doesn't have, apart from I didn't have a choice of colours and patterns!

Also £300 is a bit OTT for this seat, they were £250 in all the UK shops I found them in :flower:

Thanks!

I've found one that sell it online for £230 (multitech 2). Originally, the carseat.se website had different options for the multitech as well, but now only has the multitech 2. I can't see any difference either! The multitech 2 that's £230 is just black which is fine, and there's nowhere near me that sells them who would fit it - the only place that's actually in this country (afaik) is Volvo who, as you say, don't fit them.

The reason I'm asking is because I asked for a discount a while ago at Volvo because they had recently offered their seat at a much lower price, then I got another car seat instead so didn't use it. But I still have the written offer from them (somewhere!) which I think works out at less than £230. But I just wondered if that would be the old seat or the new one.

I think I've decided on the multitech anyway, I was also looking at the Hiway and the Graco Duologic 2. Duologic looks maaaaaaaaaasive! And the Hiway looks good, and cheaper but the Multitech looks roomier I think.

Anyone got any strong feelings between the three? Rear facing seats are so expensive that we all probably only have one so can't compare! But any experience of more than one (especially these 3) would be much appreciated!

i have the hi way and the mobi, i prefer the mobi becuase it seems comfier, but its huge the hi way is nice and compact, it says in the manual the hi way goes up to age of 5.
sorry im not more help.
the offer of the 230 volvo tech is good :thumbup:

Thanks!

I've found one that sell it online for £230 (multitech 2). Originally, the carseat.se website had different options for the multitech as well, but now only has the multitech 2. I can't see any difference either! The multitech 2 that's £230 is just black which is fine, and there's nowhere near me that sells them who would fit it - the only place that's actually in this country (afaik) is Volvo who, as you say, don't fit them.

The reason I'm asking is because I asked for a discount a while ago at Volvo because they had recently offered their seat at a much lower price, then I got another car seat instead so didn't use it. But I still have the written offer from them (somewhere!) which I think works out at less than £230. But I just wondered if that would be the old seat or the new one.

I think I've decided on the multitech anyway, I was also looking at the Hiway and the Graco Duologic 2. Duologic looks maaaaaaaaaasive! And the Hiway looks good, and cheaper but the Multitech looks roomier I think.

Anyone got any strong feelings between the three? Rear facing seats are so expensive that we all probably only have one so can't compare! But any experience of more than one (especially these 3) would be much appreciated!

Have you checked the Britax website for stockists? I spent ages trying to find a stockist near me on all the ERF websites with no luck.. then put my postcode into the Britax website and found a shop just up the road! lol I was quite surprised since I live in Cornwall, and its so hard to find anything in Cornwall, ERF was the last thing I expected to find just up the road!

I'd just like to point out that the duologic is not massive by any stretch of the imagination. I have more room in the passenger seat of a Honda jazz with the duologic behind it than I do with a multi-tech. It perhaps looks bigger in pictures because of the base, but it's one of the most compact seats available.

Really? That's interesting, I thought it looked huge! And bulky! Though in the flesh, the multitech does sit further back than I had imagined it would, so its hard to tell on a screen, especially when they don't show pics in cars and you have to rely on google images :lol: So I'll have another look, but TBH I just need to get one now, all this is making me quite confused and I just need to get one before she's 11.

Yep, I've checked the Britax site but as far as I know its not right, the only one it lists in Scotland is the Glasgow Pram centre, which (as far as I remember) only stocked the recaro seat :shrug:

I was just looking at pics on google images again, and I still think the duologic looks bulkier :lol: I wish shops had them here so I could try them in the car!! Its just that I'm short, and the seat I have just now is quite high (Britax first class plus) and I think I just thought it looked like the Duologic was bulkier and higher at the top, maybe meaning that my vision would be restricted, that's all.

Since you have one, can you tell me if you can recline the seat for toddlers, or just for babies? Because the seat slides I wondered if that meant that the frame is exposed if you recline it with toddlers in it?

Have you checked the Britax website for stockists? I spent ages trying to find a stockist near me on all the ERF websites with no luck.. then put my postcode into the Britax website and found a shop just up the road! lol I was quite surprised since I live in Cornwall, and its so hard to find anything in Cornwall, ERF was the last thing I expected to find just up the road!

Can I ask where the stockist you found in Cornwall is please?

Can I ask where the stockist you found in Cornwall is please?

www.adeba.co.uk/

It's a little independant baby shop in St Austell, the couple who own it were real friendly and helpful!

That looks great! I want to buy my little boy a rear facing car seat, but the OH disagrees and says he won't be able to see much.. I even told him about car crashes and stuff! Should i just buy one discreetly? or do you have to make sure they fit in the car?

That looks great! I want to buy my little boy a rear facing car seat, but the OH disagrees and says he won't be able to see much.. I even told him about car crashes and stuff! Should i just buy one discreetly? or do you have to make sure they fit in the car?

As for view in FF LO gets a nice view of the back of the seat infront of them.. in RF they have a view of everything out the back window! They're not like RF infant carriers, they're upright, and higher, so they have plenty they can see!

When it comes to fitting into your car, thats completely personal choice. A lot of places won't sell ERF without their especially trained ERF fitter having checked they correctly fit in your car, because they say that a wrongly fitted ERF is more dangerous than NO car seat at all. However, there are places that will sell without safety checks, and there are plenty of you tube videos of fitting different seats to help you out!

I did have mine fitted for me, BUT.. I would be confident to fit it myself, once you know how.. its really quite simple!

Have you told your OH that ERF is 5 times safer then FF!? ;) Aswell as that... what ultimately made my mind up was watching a video of a toddler in a FF, in a car crash, where because of his head having no support (as with ERF) the child was internally decapitated because his spinal cord had stretched so much.. surely even a man wold't be able to turn a blind eye to that!!

i would rather fit it myself, with someone else doing it, weather they are trained or not could make a mistake, if you do it yourself you know yourself if its fitted properly, theres loads of videos and instructions out there, and the manual is easy to follow.
i cant imagine these car seat companies have training schools for fitters, so i presume they are just doing what a manual tells them to also?

i would rather fit it myself, with someone else doing it, weather they are trained or not could make a mistake, if you do it yourself you know yourself if its fitted properly, theres loads of videos and instructions out there, and the manual is easy to follow.
i cant imagine these car seat companies have training schools for fitters, so i presume they are just doing what a manual tells them to also?

The bloke who fitted my seat had training certificates for the few ERF seats he had been trained in fitting. His wife who runs the shop with him isn't allowed to fit them into customers cars, as she has not been on specific training courses for each seat. I can't say the same applies for other shops tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->