Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Have you checked the Britax website for stockists? I spent ages trying to find a stockist near me on all the ERF websites with no luck.. then put my postcode into the Britax website and found a shop just up the road! lol I was quite surprised since I live in Cornwall, and its so hard to find anything in Cornwall, ERF was the last thing I expected to find just up the road!

Can I ask where the stockist you found in Cornwall is please?

www.adeba.co.uk/

It's a little independant baby shop in St Austell, the couple who own it were real friendly and helpful!

Thanks! I know the shop. St Austell's not too far from me so I'll go and see them. Do they only do the Britax seats or do they have a selection?

Have you checked the Britax website for stockists? I spent ages trying to find a stockist near me on all the ERF websites with no luck.. then put my postcode into the Britax website and found a shop just up the road! lol I was quite surprised since I live in Cornwall, and its so hard to find anything in Cornwall, ERF was the last thing I expected to find just up the road!

Can I ask where the stockist you found in Cornwall is please?

www.adeba.co.uk/

It's a little independant baby shop in St Austell, the couple who own it were real friendly and helpful!

Thanks! I know the shop. St Austell's not too far from me so I'll go and see them. Do they only do the Britax seats or do they have a selection?

Sorry I'm not sure on that! I had already decided on the britax one before find a shop that sold it so I didn't look if they had others!

That looks great! I want to buy my little boy a rear facing car seat, but the OH disagrees and says he won't be able to see much.. I even told him about car crashes and stuff! Should i just buy one discreetly? or do you have to make sure they fit in the car?

I fitted mine myself. I looked on youtube and carseat.se they have installation videos for you to watch. X

Hopefully some of the UK ladies will be able to answer this one for me....

My son is just turned 3 and is quite tall and heavy for his age. Currently he is in a Cybex Pallas seat (it is one with the front impact cushion.) I know it's a FF seat and this is an ERF thread but there are some very knowledgeable people in here! I put him in that seat because he was too tall for the normal ERF seat we had; his shoulders were above the harness on the highest setting. Now, he is too heavy for the cushion on the new seat!

So my question is, does anyone know of a seat with either a harness or cushion front, FF or RF it doesn't matter, that will suit a 24kg child? Our cars have isofix but it's not a must have for us, price doesn't matter, size doesn't really matter too much and we will only very rarely be moving the seat into other cars.

I have been looking and haven't found anything which means he will have to go into a high-back booster with the normal adult seat belt. He seems too young for that though.

the only seat i can think of that is harnessed up to 25 kg rear and front facing is the britax two way elite, the Multi tech is harnessed rearfacing to 25 but front facing only till 18kg.

im in the same boat and ds1 is currently in a front facing highback booster caus we dont have any money to get a new seat for him

Really? That's interesting, I thought it looked huge! And bulky! Though in the flesh, the multitech does sit further back than I had imagined it would, so its hard to tell on a screen, especially when they don't show pics in cars and you have to rely on google images :lol: So I'll have another look, but TBH I just need to get one now, all this is making me quite confused and I just need to get one before she's 11.

Yep, I've checked the Britax site but as far as I know its not right, the only one it lists in Scotland is the Glasgow Pram centre, which (as far as I remember) only stocked the recaro seat :shrug:

Glasgow pram centre stocks the Britax Multitech and the Maxi-Cosi Mobi and the Izzi-combi one too.

I bought the Maxi-cosi Mobi from them 2 months ago:flower:

Really? That's interesting, I thought it looked huge! And bulky! Though in the flesh, the multitech does sit further back than I had imagined it would, so its hard to tell on a screen, especially when they don't show pics in cars and you have to rely on google images :lol: So I'll have another look, but TBH I just need to get one now, all this is making me quite confused and I just need to get one before she's 11.

Yep, I've checked the Britax site but as far as I know its not right, the only one it lists in Scotland is the Glasgow Pram centre, which (as far as I remember) only stocked the recaro seat :shrug:

Glasgow pram centre stocks the Britax Multitech and the Maxi-Cosi Mobi and the Izzi-combi one too.

Aaaargh! I just bought 2 multi techs from volvo! Damn, should have really checked in the pram centre but I looked on line and there was nothing there, but I remember now that their website isn't that good.

Did they fit it for you?
xx

Aaaargh! I just bought 2 multi techs from volvo! Damn, should have really checked in the pram centre but I looked on line and there was nothing there, but I remember now that their website isn't that good.

Did they fit it for you?
xx

You are right, they are not on the website!!

They were very very good with me, I was in and out there several weekends in a row trying the ERF seats out!

The multi-tech didnt fit. The izi-combi did, but wouldnt last as long. They had the Mobi, but none were trained in the fitting of it. They had someone come out and train a couple of the staff and then we went back in and they fitted it perfectly!

Got the Mobi for £196 too which is a bargain!!

Multitech was also £195 as there was a 10% off deal at the time:flower:

Oh I'm so gutted to hear this today when I've picked the seats up and fitted them already myself! Oh dear. How long does the Izi last out of interest?

Oh I'm so gutted to hear this today when I've picked the seats up and fitted them already myself! Oh dear. How long does the Izi last out of interest?

Have a feeling its just to 18kg, rather than the 25kg:flower:

yeah thats what put me off the izi because it wouldn't last as long, i nearly bought one in pink because it was reduced to £160 i think it was but then i realised the weight limit on it.

£196 is fab for a mobi!!

I'm slightly getting over the possibility that I might have been able to get it fitted, and choose a different colour than boring black, and pay less for it :wacko: by going to the pram centre. Honest I am. :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Well, the one I have has a really cool Volvo badge on it :haha: Looks great in my Alfa :thumbup:

I don't quite understand the picture in the instruction manual of the buckle, I assume what it is trying to show you is buckle crunch? So I got my knickers in a knot about whether it was right yesterday and re-did it today. Could someone have a look at these pics and tell me if either, both or neither is ok?!

Yesterday, using the correct buckle for that seat:

https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01046.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01047.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01048.jpg

Then today when I 'fixed' it as I wasn't sure, I plugged it into the middle buckle as it seemed to be sitting at a better angle....

https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01049.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01050.jpg

So this is the way it is now ^^^ does it look ok?

TIA :flower:

Hi all, we need to choose LOs next stage car seat ASAP. Hoping you might be able to help me choose! Bear with me while I run through the options.

I am lucky enough to live very near to one of the few ERF stockists in the UK. They stock the Besafe Izi combi and the Britax Multitech.

Multitech - Not so keen on this one. It doesn't tick enough boxes for me. Side protection is not as good as Besafe Izi combi, and you can't use the five point harness up to the max weight limit like you can with the Britax Two way elite. But, this is the one the local stockist recommends. They actually said they prefered the build quality of the Besafe (As do I), but their recommendation is based on the fact that they have more experience fitting Multitechs in cars like mine than they do with the Besafe model. Besafe have only tested the seat in Ford Focus's from 2004 and mine is a 1999 model (no isofix), so whilst it will probably fit fine, there are no guarantees.

Besafe Izi combi - Like the build, like that it reclines (looks comfier for a younger toddler like my LO). Only suitable up to 25kgs, but this is a small disadvantage as my first priority is safety.

Britax Two way elite - Keep hearing good things about this one (and it's the cheapest). Lasts the longest in terms of weight limit, and has 5 point harness up to max weight limit. But my issue is that the local place doesn't stock it, so we'd have to order it online and fit it ourselves (what if we don't fit it properly?? Feel safer letting someone else do it for me). Also, it just doesn't look that comfy for a young toddler, there's no side headrest, have visions of my boy being uncomfortable and head slumped forward when he's sleeping (which he does a lot of in the car!). Also doesn't look half as robust as the Besafe.

I have a feeling that if we go for the Besafe, we will end up buying a TWE anyway once he's maxed out the weight limit of the Besafe....which has me thinking why not just get the TWE now? But i'm just not convinced it's the best option for a 14 month old.

What do you guys think?? Help!

I'd say definitely try the BeSafe in your car before deciding. We have that one and I really like it, but our car has quite sloped seats so even when the child seat is on the most reclined setting it's quite upright. For a young baby, I'd prefer one that reclines further, or maybe just a car that doesn't have stupid seats!

The TWE doesn't recline but for a 14 month old it would be installed at an angle anyway so that wouldn't matter. And you can buy an additonal head support for about £15 which Ive found really good in mine.

25kg is a big weight limit tbh - unless you've got a giant toddler they're much more likely to outgrow the seat height wise long before they get near this weight.

I'd get them tried out in your car if you can. The Incarsafety place at Milton Keynes is fab and if you're in London, its not that far really. You do have to call and make an appointment first.

Has anybody tried both the Besafe Izi Combi isofix and either the Duologic 2 or the Britax Hi-Way? We are going to need a second ERF seat in a few months but only have a Golf at the moment. We have a Besafe already, which goes behind the passenger seat. It is just a few inches too big to go behind the driver's seat when OH is driving, so we need something a little smaller. Hakan at carseat.se suggested the Hi-Way or Duologic but didn't confirm whether they are smaller.

Or if anybody has either the Hi-Way or the Duologic, is there any chance you could let me know how deep they are please?

I'm slightly getting over the possibility that I might have been able to get it fitted, and choose a different colour than boring black, and pay less for it :wacko: by going to the pram centre. Honest I am. :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Well, the one I have has a really cool Volvo badge on it :haha: Looks great in my Alfa :thumbup:

I don't quite understand the picture in the instruction manual of the buckle, I assume what it is trying to show you is buckle crunch? So I got my knickers in a knot about whether it was right yesterday and re-did it today. Could someone have a look at these pics and tell me if either, both or neither is ok?!

Yesterday, using the correct buckle for that seat:

https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01046.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01047.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01048.jpg

Then today when I 'fixed' it as I wasn't sure, I plugged it into the middle buckle as it seemed to be sitting at a better angle....

https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01049.jpg https://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/mrs_mag/IMG-20110929-01050.jpg

So this is the way it is now ^^^ does it look ok?

TIA :flower:

I'd agree second pic looks best! x

Rachel - hubby is off with the car just now, but I will try and remember to measure the DuoLogic for you this evening (weather permitting!)

Hi Rachel, sorry I didn't reply last night. I measured the seat as best I could, but on reflection I wasn't very sure what I was measuring :wacko: From the bit of the DuoLogic which is furthest forward (that is, closest to the front seat), to the back of the rear passenger seat was 80cm. The car in question is a Volvo V70, if it makes any difference. I'll be honest, physics is not my strong point! Hope that's the bit you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->