• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reasons you SHOULD breastfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
not trying to put a downer on here but it can be threads like this that make new mums who "fail" breastfeeding feel like crap.

yes in theory breastfeeding is best but sometimes its actualy the babies who do not like bf and have trouble.

i tried with my son and he hated it and id dreading feeding time, but i was very happy he atleast got afew days, i do believe women should atleast try. and with baby 2 ile be trying again, the natural erge to bf is amazing

My only aim is to encourage and support. We are all in this together. I'm so sorry you had trouble the first time around. I strongly encourage you to seek the support of you local LLL group. There you will find wonderful advice from like minded mommas.

unfortunatly a bad support network at my hospital made me lose alot of confidence and i wasnt in the position to find help else where at that time. i understand why this thread was made and i no no one has made negitive comments, but coming from a mother who tried to bf but couldnt it was threads like this that did make me feel worse at the time.

but then again it wont put me off trying again this time, ive even got my nipple shields on order lol

yes, william winds Alex for me, comforts hum, hold hid hand and rubs his head. everyone asks if he is jealous not one bit he is happy to share.

Shiner won't judge you :growlmad:

Please don't respond to that... it is a joke. Don't want to turn this thread negative. Please don't care if I judge you. I am an imaginary person on the internet. :wacko:

I didn't know all of the massive list of benefits before getting pregnant, but even before TTC, I had decided that I was definitely going to try to breastfeed. I am prepared for the possibility, but I will be absolutely crushed if something happens to prevent me from being able to breastfeed, or being able to breastfeed for as long as I want to.

Thanks for posting this thread, blutea. It makes me feel a lot better about myself during those times when I'm having an "ohmigod I'm going to be a horrible parent!" crisis of self-confidence. Just knowing that breastfeeding alone is going to do so much good for my baby.

I have that same niggle at the back of my head aswell, the massive 'what if'... I think i will be trully guttered if i cant! Wishing you luck Ember :)

lol back to positive thinking for me...

Like with all things parenting, it is so easy to doubt our abilities. You'll do great. :thumbup:

yes, william winds Alex for me, comforts hum, hold hid hand and rubs his head. everyone asks if he is jealous not one bit he is happy to share.

hes a sweet little thing. zane loves babies, im hoping he will love this one too and not get jealous lol

im using the trick my mum did when i was born, she bought my sister and brother chocolate and said its from baby lol

Would this thread not be better in the Breast Feeding section? Im not anti-BF at all, I plan to BF my LO but have had friends who've had nightmare experiences and I know they get really upset when they are reminded of their 'failures'. Its such an emotive subject. I say this with respect, obviously Im all for BF.

just out of curiosity, as a first-time mother, just how common are breastfeeding problems? i feel like my friends and relatives are split about 50/50 between those who had some trouble, in some cases very unpleasant, and those who just seemed to slip right into it. i only have one friend who struggled so much she gave up on breastfeeding. i just had dinner with a couple who said they didn't really end up needing their childbirth classes, but wished they had been better prepared for the difficulties of breastfeeding. what's a good place to set expectations?

but this is to help pregnant woman make informed decisions i would have thought.

not trying to put a downer on here but it can be threads like this that make new mums who "fail" breastfeeding feel like crap.

yes in theory breastfeeding is best but sometimes its actualy the babies who do not like bf and have trouble.

i tried with my son and he hated it and id dreading feeding time, but i was very happy he atleast got afew days, i do believe women should atleast try. and with baby 2 ile be trying again, the natural erge to bf is amazing

My only aim is to encourage and support. We are all in this together. I'm so sorry you had trouble the first time around. I strongly encourage you to seek the support of you local LLL group. There you will find wonderful advice from like minded mommas.

unfortunatly a bad support network at my hospital made me lose alot of confidence and i wasnt in the position to find help else where at that time. i understand why this thread was made and i no no one has made negitive comments, but coming from a mother who tried to bf but couldnt it was threads like this that did make me feel worse at the time.

but then again it wont put me off trying again this time, ive even got my nipple shields on order lol

I understand. It is so hard to read posts like this when things aren't going well. Just think though- you will have quite a testimony about breastfeeding to share with other moms who may be in a similar situation. That mother would be so grateful to you.:hugs:

just out of curiosity, as a first-time mother, just how common are breastfeeding problems? i feel like my friends and relatives are split about 50/50 between those who had some trouble, in some cases very unpleasant, and those who just seemed to slip right into it. i only have one friend who struggled so much she gave up on breastfeeding. i just had dinner with a couple who said they didn't really end up needing their childbirth classes, but wished they had been better prepared for the difficulties of breastfeeding. what's a good place to set expectations?

I had a lot of difficulties in the beginning. My best friend had no issues at all. The experiences are all over the map. Start building a support network around you now so you have wonderful mothers to lean on if you have a time of need. As a pregnant mother you are welcome to attend your local La Leche League meetings. There you will find like minded mommas who will do all they can to help and support you.

but this is to help pregnant woman make informed decisions i would have thought.

Absolutely and I think its great info. However there are specific feeding forums on BnB and I assume they were created to accumulate relevant info on these topics in the relevant places.

I just dont want people getting upset, its horrified me how traumatised my friends have been over their experience. :flower:

Would this thread not be better in the Breast Feeding section? Im not anti-BF at all, I plan to BF my LO but have had friends who've had nightmare experiences and I know they get really upset when they are reminded of their 'failures'. Its such an emotive subject. I say this with respect, obviously Im all for BF.

I think this is a great place for this thread because it gets moms thinking about the future.

I think that this thread is in an appropriate place because it gives those of us here in second tri that rarely or never venture to other sections of the board a lot of good info and support. And it isn't made to make anyone feel bad, it is simply listing reasons why it is best for baby if you at least try to bf. I think it's posted at an especially good time as we currently have a thread running listing reasons why some mothers don't try or don't continue. This is just offering the opposite view of why some mothers do try and why some stick with it.

I think this is a great place for this thread because it gets moms thinking about the future.

Well I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree there Blutea. :flower:

possible....unless i cant do it again lol

the way we feed our children will always cause upset for some reason, i just dont get why everyone doesnt think "well atleast the baby is fed so whats the problem" im not saying thats been said on this thread tho as of yet lol

theres alot of things that happened with zane that im trying to change with this one and bf is aan important one. as when i stopped bf i still had the erge to bf long after i had stopped, it is the most natural feeling ive ever had but then the sadiest.

Absolutely and I think its great info. However there are specific feeding forums on BnB and I assume they were created to accumulate relevant info on these topics in the relevant places.

I just dont want people getting upset, its horrified me how traumatised my friends have been over their experience. :flower:

Just remember, you are a different person than your friends. You may have no issues at all.

I think that this thread is in an appropriate place because it gives those of us here in second tri that rarely or never venture to other sections of the board a lot of good info and support. And it isn't made to make anyone feel bad, it is simply listing reasons why it is best for baby if you at least try to bf. I think it's posted at an especially good time as we currently have a thread running listing reasons why some mothers don't try or don't continue. This is just offering the opposite view of why some mothers do try and why some stick with it.

Exactly! With the "reasons not to breastfeed" thread I felt this would help those who want advice and encouragement. It is easy to get scared by stories of bad breastfeeding experiences before you even have a chance to try it yourself. I am trying to put a postive note on the issue.

Like I said before, I think its great info. The other thread is slightly different (without part of the title in caps may I add which could be interpreted as a way of making people feel bad) as it was regarding why people struggle as not everyone is aware of how hard it can be. There's no point having seperate forums on here if they are not used appropriately. Perhaps Im in the minority there, but hey like I said good info.

possible....unless i cant do it again lol

the way we feed our children will always cause upset for some reason, i just dont get why everyone doesnt think "well atleast the baby is fed so whats the problem" im not saying thats been said on this thread tho as of yet lol

theres alot of things that happened with zane that im trying to change with this one and bf is aan important one. as when i stopped bf i still had the erge to bf long after i had stopped, it is the most natural feeling ive ever had but then the sadiest.

You lost a lot when you had to give up breastfeeding. I hope your next experience will help you heal from that saddness. :hugs:

ive seen a thread asking why women gave up breastfeeding, but i havent seen one that says why not to.

lifes hard it doesnt mean we dont continue to live, so therefore bf is hard...hell having children is hard. i guess i could of easily been put off bf again after my experience but i think its all mind over matter on things like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back