Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I know what you mean, I said the same thing to my o/h . I said obviously its not good if they do find something wrong but it will be a relief in a way especially if it is something that can be treated. I would feel more vunerable if they didnt find anything wrong. :wacko I dont know its a funny situation to be in, we thought after my surgery for blocked tubes that would be the end of our problems never in a million years did i think i would be 1 of those women who miscarry multiple times. It really tests your character and relationship doesnt it. Ive been quite proud of the way I have handled it, the 1st miscarriage was the worse because we had waited almost 3 years for that moment of a bfp but the 2nd and now 3rd its like ive become immune to feeling anything. I certainly wont be getting all excited when I fall pregnant again which is a shame its tainted what should be a very happy time.

It was like a rollercoaster for me when I got my BFP, scared one min then excited the next, then scared again, didn't do any good so next time I'm just going to try & relax & take it one day at a time. I'll probaly be just the same with ricocheting between excitment & worry :dohh: but at least I have a plan which makes me feel better going forward.

DH had SA 4 days before our BFP & we finally got the results last week He's got great sperm apparantly with no problems at all, which shocked both of us as he drinks nearly every night &, until last Feb, he smoked 20/25 cigarettes a day & hardly ever eats fresh fruit or veg unless I force feed him them. Although lately he has been taking the Vit C & Zinc tablets I buy for him so maybe they're helping.

wish I could have my baby back badly today!! the last 2 days have been hard on me!!!

thanx heart tree i might have time away from b&b as its all ive ever wanted is to b a mum

awwww Want2... so sorry hunni...((hug))

Re: Aspirin... my Obs has prescribed it for me to take as soon as I get a + and not before... does that help??

:cry:want to be:cry: I really hoped this was your forever baby, I'm so sorry you're suffering again:hugs:

9 babies - hang on in there - I only recently found a doc who gave **** she's belgium and lovely. SHe hugged me when I went in a couple of months ago in a state and has been great when I got BFP. Also the nurse who has seen me through all my ERPCs called me today as I was due to go in for an op on Monday, but can't now, she said she really hoped she wouldn't see me again for a very long time (which was nice!!) - I wish health care professionals realised what a difference their attitudes can make to us.

I'm so petrified again this time round that I feel like I'm just keeping my head out pof the water... but it's so hard when my boobs aren't sore or my cramps stop, or are too strong or....:shrug:

Widger - thanks for checking in here and thinking of us - so pleased your little boy is growing so well:hugs:

Want2beamum - I'm so sorry to see your news, all my love you you hon :hugs:

Lynnb - I was the same when I went for my final scan, relieved it was a complete miscarriage and eager to start TTC again and move on. BTW my DH is the same, has appalling diet, fitness, drinking habits etc but as the consultant said, clearly has awesome sperm.

Chilli - I think sometimes healthcare professionals get blase about things which is why it seems like they don't care, not much of an excuse but I know from experience that certain things weren't a big deal to me as I saw them in patients every day. But I agree when someone just makes the effort to be caring it really shows.

I'm sorry you're feeling so scared at the moment, I don't know any way of dealing with that I'm afraid although I have read ppl saying just to try and enjoy today as today you're indeed pregnant.

C&J - I hope this is it for you and you can move on afterwards. So awful just waiting for it to be over.

AFM - Appointment with bereavement support midwife on the 24th of Feb to talk things through, am hoping it will help me. Also am peaking today on CBFM so hopefully DH will comply with my demands. I know I'm unlikely to get pregnant just after my mc but I still need to try, helps me in my head deal with things.

:cry:want to be:cry: I really hoped this was your forever baby, I'm so sorry you're suffering again:hugs:

9 babies - hang on in there - I only recently found a doc who gave **** she's belgium and lovely. SHe hugged me when I went in a couple of months ago in a state and has been great when I got BFP. Also the nurse who has seen me through all my ERPCs called me today as I was due to go in for an op on Monday, but can't now, she said she really hoped she wouldn't see me again for a very long time (which was nice!!) - I wish health care professionals realised what a difference their attitudes can make to us.

I'm so petrified again this time round that I feel like I'm just keeping my head out pof the water... but it's so hard when my boobs aren't sore or my cramps stop, or are too strong or....:shrug:

Widger - thanks for checking in here and thinking of us - so pleased your little boy is growing so well:hugs:

thanks!! I am trying to hard to hang in there. to help me. Let it be by the beatles!! Love it!!!

Hi Ladies.

Just dropped by as I've not been on for a while, been recovering after my ectopic.

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to you all for all your support over the past few weeks.
I'm feeling much more positive today, strange really, but I guess we have good days and bad days.

So now I'm waiting to ttc again, had my op and tube removed over a week ago, so really hoping af comes soon so I can get back on track and will be taking the progesterone from ovulation this time.
Thinking I'm going to see my gp to see about prednisone too.

How is everyone, does anyone have any good news, I think we all need some on this thread.

Hugs and sticky baby dust to all xxx.

Want2be, just read your post. So sorry for your loss, thinking of you and sending you hugs :hugs: right now xxx.

Afternoon ladies, Ive still not miscarried yet :( today is day 6 still getting faint positive tests (slightly stronger than they were at begin of the week). I seem to be stuck in a pattern of thick brown discharge every morning followed by bad period pains and light bleeding with small clots every afternoon. By 7-8pm its died off and cramps disappear . How long should this carry on for ? I dont know if its normal or not. Getting fed up of going through this every day. I was/would have been 4weeks +1 when I got + test and spotting , today I would be/am 5 weeks.
My 1st m/c from spotting to losing baby happened within 24 hours (5w+4) and 2nd was 4 days of spotting then loss of baby again at 5w+4

C&J - have you had yourself checked out yet? Don't know if it's normal but I would want medical advice! Sorry you're having a hard time.

LeeC - good to hear from you and that you are recovering as much as one can - I'm sure it's been a hard couple of weeks and I just hope you're ok.

Want2b - I think there comes a time when you just can't take the pain anymore and totally understand. Only you know if you're there yet but I hope whatever you decide it eases the pain:hugs:

AFM have decided should avoid sisters as well as work if I want to avoid stress for first tri - I have 3 and they're all ****ed up!

C&J - have you had yourself checked out yet? Don't know if it's normal but I would want medical advice! Sorry you're having a hard time.

I went to docs last week (wednesday) he did urine test which came back negative, so he has gone ahead and written a letter referring me back to my consultant. I havent been back to the docs since as I thought nature would take its course. We have decided we will do another test in the morning and make an appointment with the doctor if nothing happens between now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->