Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi ladies. Just checking in to say that I had my follow-up appointment at St Mary's on Friday and, despite having been tested for it before and getting a negative, it turns out I have a positive for Lupus Anticoagulant. The treatment for this is aspirin and heparin from a positive test.

The reason they wanted me to have the test again was that the blood sample has to be dealt with within 2 hours of it being taken or it can give incorrect results. I thought some of you may wish to bear this in mind if you have already been tested for it.

Anyway, whilst I know the next pregnancy is not guaranteed, I do feel like I am on the right road now and that we will one day have our own healthy baby.

:hugs: Lambs so glad that you got some answers and goes to show that if you hadn't been retested at St Mary's you might have never discovered this. I wonder how many ladies are walking around thinking they got the all clear on their tests and actually have a problem that can be treated and prevent pregnancy losses.

CJ - you are a patient brave lady!

Lamb - that's great news, now you can look forward with lots of hope, I'm so happy for you

Hi ladies. Just checking in to say that I had my follow-up appointment at St Mary's on Friday and, despite having been tested for it before and getting a negative, it turns out I have a positive for Lupus Anticoagulant. The treatment for this is aspirin and heparin from a positive test.

The reason they wanted me to have the test again was that the blood sample has to be dealt with within 2 hours of it being taken or it can give incorrect results. I thought some of you may wish to bear this in mind if you have already been tested for it.

Anyway, whilst I know the next pregnancy is not guaranteed, I do feel like I am on the right road now and that we will one day have our own healthy baby.

Exactly the same as my diagnosis. Clexane 40ml i was on and aspirin till 36 weeks

Exactly the same as my diagnosis. Clexane 40ml i was on and aspirin till 36 weeks

awww Fluffy... what a beautiful baby! Gratz hun!

Hi,
I am new to this. I got pregnant last july after 4 months of trying. Myself and my husband were over the moon. At 7 weeks i had a very heavy bleed and thought i had miscarried but a scan the next day showed a heart beat however I was 2 weeks less that what i thought. From then on I had a strong feeling something was wrong but prayed i was wrong. At the 12 week scan it showed the baby had severe hydrops and we were told the baby would not survive. I had a CVS which told us the baby had Edwards syndrome and we were advised to terminate as the baby would not live. This was an agonising time for us and a decision we thought we would never have to face however we decied to terminate the preganacy as we felt it was best for both our baby and us. At a routine scan 2 weeks later they noticed I had PCOS which I did not know.
On the 24th of Dec we were overjoyed to find out we were pregnant again. I felt very positive and was convinced this time it would be ok. Unfortunatly I miscarried over a week ago at 8 weeks. I am completely devastated. Has anyone ever been in a simiar situation?

Rose I am so sorry that you find yourself here. But please don't lose hope as there is every chance your next pregnancy will be successful. I know it doesn't feel like that right now, but try not to lose hope. Many women on here have had 3+ miscarriages (often more) and do go on to have healthy pregnancies.

rose -I'm so sorry you've had such a tough year. Hope the future gets much better. I have had 3 MMCs so not quite the same situation. Did you know that there is a section for ladies like yourself who have had "ethical losses" (I think that's what it's called). Of course you're welcome to hang around here, wherever you find most comfort

Rose, dont give up hope, I have had 9 mmcs! and I am still trying. dont give up. If you need an ear, let me know. I am always on here most of the time.

Rose, Welcome to the group, as the others have said, i am sorry it is under such sad circumstances. Never give up! I have had 4 losses now but I wont stop until a doctor tells me there is no hope or I get too old. I am 36 soon and that gives me a few years now!

Not much to say today but just a big hello to you all and I hope we get something good on here soon. its been particularly sad lately hasnt it.
xxxx

I agree! We need a daily piece of good news to keep us all going. I have nothing TTC related, but my boss bought me an iced cinnamon swirl today which was good news in my eyes!

Hi Oven bun - sorry to meet you here. Just briefly as I don't have long - I had to wait 6 weeks for initial appt at ST. Ms, then 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 4 weeks - so quite a bit! PM me if you want to know more - have to dash

Thank sorry for my delay i didn't think my post had worked and completly new st this forum and i spilt a cup of coffee on my computer - how did you find St Mary's ? is a 6 hour round trip for us, our consultant advised us not TTC until we had been seen by them which is differcult to do although i need a break emotionally

Lambs - I like your style. Good news for today is that I don't have to do the work I was booked to do today ;) (laaaaaame)

Ovenbun, I also went to St Marys although I went privately so I'm not sure if the waiting times are different. I cannot recommend them highly enough as I know if I had gone anywhere else my problem wouldn't have been picked up. Timings I was given were 4-5 weeks from first appointment to the second appointment with the results and then we could TTC again. I was quite lucky and only missed one cycle of TTC which wasn't too bad. I found the break bearable as I knew that we were still working towards our baby by getting the results. :hugs: good luck!

hi girls well i have bronchitis and was put on meds to clear it which i was told wud kill my baby well doc listened to find heart beat 2day and heartbeat is still there but weak being monitored now for the next 4 weeks so im nearly 13 weeks preg woop woop hope this helps u ladies have hope xx

I hope all goes well for you want2bamum, just out of interest, i'm surprised they put you on a medication that might harm your baby, what was it out of interest?

Hope you feel better soon x

I am so anxious. waiting these 11 days to find out if we dtd enough and made a baby is really making me anxious!

I really need an sticky bean this time!

Lambs - I like your style. Good news for today is that I don't have to do the work I was booked to do today ;) (laaaaaame)

Ovenbun, I also went to St Marys although I went privately so I'm not sure if the waiting times are different. I cannot recommend them highly enough as I know if I had gone anywhere else my problem wouldn't have been picked up. Timings I was given were 4-5 weeks from first appointment to the second appointment with the results and then we could TTC again. I was quite lucky and only missed one cycle of TTC which wasn't too bad. I found the break bearable as I knew that we were still working towards our baby by getting the results. :hugs: good luck!

Thanks I have been seen by my consultant locally who gave no answers so I am really please im going to St Mary's the only thing is the wait like you a break in TTC is differcult but I don't want to go through the emotional stress of another mc if it can be avoid i think i will ring St Mary's and ask how much it is for private patient and waiting times ect. If you have anymore information please send me a message thank you:thumbup:

I have a short letual phase of 10day and progesterone of 23- 7 dpo the Dr didn't make much of this said it was normal I have heard vitamin B can help with this any experience anyone ? can you take it on top of pregnacare which already has B6 in it but prob not enough ??

I'm trying to get my LP above 10 days and am taking Vitamin B Complex and Red Raspberry Leaf tablets, this is the second full month of taking both these. I had a short LP due to an untreated underactive thyroid (which is now being treated). I'm in my fourth month of Levothyroxine treatment so I'm hoping my LP will increase a little soon. The Vit B Complex I'm taking has 2mg of B6 and the bottle says this is 100% RDA.

it's good there are treating you hopefully now you have the correct treatment thing will start to improve I have heard alot about raspberry leaf tablets I'll look into it

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. It is so good to be able to chat to people about all this. Good luck to you all too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->