Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Today I'm having a bad day, I can't seem to keep it together at the minute.
I'm so sorry for all us, can't make sense as to why we need to keep going through all of this. Life sucks :(

LeeC, I hear you this morning. This is so so hard.

I am so sorry for all of our losses. And thank you to everyone for showing such kindness to all of us newbies.

My doctor ended up putting me on progesterone suppositories the other day as my betas had risen (barely!) and my lining was as thick as it should be. I go again on Monday. He said not to get my hopes up and believe me, I haven't. It just feels so hopeless to me - too little too late. Plus I know that extra progesterone is not going to save a non-viable pregnancy.

So now I just sit here, waiting. I'm sure my betas will have fallen on Monday (I don't feel pregnant at all right now at 5w1d) and he'll tell me to stop the progesterone. So basically I'm in hell for the next week or so waiting to miscarry. This sucks so much.

Good news is I did like this new OB much better and he did recommend seeing a RE. Almost 2 miscarriages in 3 months - what is wrong with me??

Awww thanks Epump.
I'm hoping it works out for you.
Limbo land is the worse place to be, I was stuck therefor 2 weeks prior to finding out my last pg was ectopic.
Stardust and 9babies my heart goes out to you both.
Will be thinking of you all. I'm so sorry that we all have to go through this heartache, sometimes I just feel like saying I'm done :(
Sending big hugs to all xxx.

Awww thanks Epump.
I'm hoping it works out for you.
Limbo land is the worse place to be, I was stuck therefor 2 weeks prior to finding out my last pg was ectopic.
Stardust and 9babies my heart goes out to you both.
Will be thinking of you all. I'm so sorry that we all have to go through this heartache, sometimes I just feel like saying I'm done :(
Sending big hugs to all xxx.

Sorry for your ectopic loss LeeC , I was in limbo for 2 and a 1/2 weeks and discharged once from hospital for being asymptomatic before ending up in emergency surgery last saturday for a ruptured ectopic. x

Hi C&J.
Thank you. I left post for you yesterday, probs about 2/3 pages back as I noticed we'd been through similar experiences and answered a few questions I thought may help you.
Hope you're recovering ok. The physical heals much quicker than the emotional, that's for sure.
Thanks again, xxx.

Thank you so much Petitpas. I googled women taking aspirin while pregnant and got a lot of info from that website. I went to another Obg and he stated that I should've been given a test to see if I was folic acid insufficient. My obg told me they would never give me aspirin ever again. My boyfriend is already wanting to try again but I was put on birth control for 2 months and prenatal vitamins. I had a suction D&C. I'm still a bit fragile from the blood loss but men don't listen....lol...I'm secretly taking the birth control pills :-D. I expect to be giving birth by the beginning of of 2012. My heart goes out to everyone that has loss their babies. My son name was Jacob Romelo.... Oh God how I wish he could've survived!!!!

Goodgirl, I just wanted to say that Jacob Romelo is a beautiful name!
You take care of yourself and build up those blood reserves before trying again xxx

Thank you Ladies for all of the info. 9Babiesgone.....Please don't panic bc of the spotting. A lot of times its only implantation bleeding which is normal in the beginning. As long as there is no bright red heavy bleeding you will be ok. Get plenty of rest and try not to worry. I pray that your pregnancy goes to full term.

Don't want to upset you or anyone else but just thought I'd let you know that just because the spotting/bleeding isn't bright red doesn't mean that everythings OK, I didn't have any bright red bleeding with either of my miscarriges until it was underway so to speak. I just had dark brownish blood, with the first one I was fobbled off by a Dr telling me it was old blood & not to worry :growlmad: This time I didn't bother to tell them that the bleeding wasn't red as I already knew something was wrong.:cry:

Well I am so sorry that that happened to you dear. I would just pray. After all life and death is in God's hands. I pray that every woman on here, including myself, has a chance to go to full term with their babies.

9babiesgone how far along are you? I had a friend that bleed her entire pregnancy and has 3 babies. It's a mystery I tell you. I have high hopes for everyone here....

Wow, I need some of your PMA! :kiss:

Hi girls

Please can I come back in here? :cry:

Had ERPC for 4th miscarriage yesterday and feeling okay but numb.

I am looming 40 and not sure if I can go on pushing TTC for much longer. I know I desperately want a child but I have been tested and all come back normal.

Has anyone had further testing apart from initial RMC testing. Stupid question but does genetic testing etc have to be done on foetal (sp) matter or can it be done on myself and OH?

I am stumped on which way to go.

Thanks, Rumps x

Hi Rumpskin,
My husband and I had our blood tested to check that our chromosomses are ok (karyotyping). This doesn't preclude chromosomal problems in babies, though. When I miscarried my RMC was hoping to get some foetal tissue to test, but there was none left in my uterus when I had the scan. The results of the test would have given us a better idea if it was just bad luck (if the foetus had been 'abnormal') or that there is still a cause with me that has not yet been fixed (if the the foetus had been healthy).
I found out with this process that my local EPU doesn't have the facilities to test the foetus, so when you next go to your RMC it might be worth discussing future options/plans with them. Well, that's what I would do. However, many women do not want their foetus' tested and if that is your standpoint that is also something to let them know.

9babies :hugs: so sorry you are going through this :cry: Am thinking of you xxx

I am having a very very hard day. I am moving but I dont feel like doing anything. only got a few boxes packed.

this mc is making me so dang depressed :cry:

9babies, how are you? Are you sure this is m/c, how is the bleeding. I'm just trying to hold on to a bit of hope for you, it's so so sad.
I'm still struggling today too, 4 wks after my ectopic pg.
Can't stop crying, I really feel for you.
xxx

its ok. I am thinking of just disappearing from everyone for awhile. I feel like complete crap. i was on progesterone, I was taking my vitamins, I have no idea why I would lose this one again.

:cry:[/QUO
Im so sorry it's not fair it's just not but it's nothing you have done or could of done differently it's just really shit. take care xxxx

Hi Ovenbun.

Were you taking the progesterone from ovulation or from BFP.
I took it from my BFP last pg which unfortunately ended in ectopic.
I've been told to take from OV next time.
Im holding out on this working unless I can get my ob to prescribe prednisone too :(

So sorry for your loss xxx

Hi C&J.
Thank you. I left post for you yesterday, probs about 2/3 pages back as I noticed we'd been through similar experiences and answered a few questions I thought may help you.
Hope you're recovering ok. The physical heals much quicker than the emotional, that's for sure.
Thanks again, xxx.

Thanks for your reply , that really helped. Recovery going well skin just a little sore where the cuts were made other than that emotionally im feeling fine. We both had a gut feeling from the start something want right and what with the previous miscarriages we never got our hopes up. Just really eager to get back to trying to be honest.

I just want to give everyone big :hugs: I'm so sorry that things are really difficult for ppl at the moment x x x

Hi Ladies.
Just wondering if anyone in Scotland had any experience with Marco Gaudoin, I believe he works from Southern General and the Royal in Glasgow and has an interest in recurrent miscarriage. I believe he works as part of the infertility team.
I am thinking about asking for a referral from my gp or from my current ob.
Thanks xxx.

its ok. I am thinking of just disappearing from everyone for awhile. I feel like complete crap. i was on progesterone, I was taking my vitamins, I have no idea why I would lose this one again.

:cry:[/QUO
Im so sorry it's not fair it's just not but it's nothing you have done or could of done differently it's just really shit. take care xxxx

Hi Ovenbun.

Were you taking the progesterone from ovulation or from BFP.
I took it from my BFP last pg which unfortunately ended in ectopic.
I've been told to take from OV next time.
Im holding out on this working unless I can get my ob to prescribe prednisone too :(

So sorry for your loss xxx

Hi LeeC I think you needed to post your question re progesterone to 9babies, if not I havn't been given any treatment ive just been told to stop trying until st mary's has seen me which is rubbish:growlmad:

Hi Ovenbun, do you have an appointment yet? And have you had all the tests?
I'm due to go back there in early April. I hope they figure something out as I can't keep on like this...

Hi Ovenbun
Yes you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. Think I really am going mad :/
xxx

Really annoyed I took it from the bfp maybe I should have done at ovulation

Hi 9babies.
So sorry you are going through this again. I felt exactly the same after starting the prog after BFP resulting in 1 m/c and then my last ectopic.
I have been told to take it from Ov then stop if I get a neg but continue to take it if I get my BFP.
I'm really hoping this may work for me, but am def asking my ob to prescribe prednisone too I think and will take along with aspirin, although saying this I had such a bad weekend, dh and I talked about drawing a line under it all and giving in.
It's so difficult to keep going, but what else can we do.
I'm thinking about you and sending you big hugs xxx.

Hi Ovenbun, have you got your appt through, can you post up once you've been as I'd be interested to hear how you get on and what they suggest.
Hope all goes well, it's rubbish you have to wait. I've been playing the waiting game too as an unplanned pg is not an option for me :(
The rime seems to go so slowly. x

I'm due to go back there in early April. I hope they figure something out as I can't keep on like this...

Petipas, I really hope you get some answers too and a plan of action for next pg, you deserve it, hopefully we can all keep encouraging and supporting each other to keep going through all the crap!!!

Rabbittchild, thanks, hope everything is going well with your sticky, we could all do with some good news xxx.

Petipas, I really hope you get some answers too and a plan of action for next pg, you deserve it, hopefully we can all keep encouraging and supporting each other to keep going through all the crap!!!

Rabbittchild, thanks, hope everything is going well with your sticky, we could all do with some good news xxx.

Thanks, Lee!
I think I would have cracked much earlier had it not been for the fantastic support on this forum :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->