Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I think it's time I join now. :hi: Sorry were all going through this :cry:
I am starting my 3rd miscarriage now. I have been seeing a RE since my second one though. I have been diagnosed with Factor V leiden, PCOS, and borderline hypothyroidism. With this pregnancy my estrogen, progesterone and hcg were very low. She had put me on estrogen patches and progesterone and things got better but yesterday I started bleeding quite a bit. I had an scan today and she couldn't see much except my uterus was full of blood. She said that I probably had a bad ovulation. So, now she wants me to be on bc pills for a month then start clomid. She kept saying my pituitary gland needs a break. Can't believe I have to take birth control to have a baby whaaaaaa? She also mention prednisone next time too that it may be worth a shot. I guess if we just throw everything in there something should work right? :dohh:

Hey Ladies.
So I got AF yesterday, bang on time, so I'm on day 2 of my cycle and even though I don't have my date for appt with Siobhan Quenby yet I'm going for it this month. Hoping my appt will come through before the 2nd of April, but playing it tight.
So, not to get carried away or anything I was looking at due dates, if I get my BFP in April, it will mean my due date will be Xmas day!!!
Haha I can just imagine my dh trying to drag me into the car kicking and screaming while I'm holding on to my turkey leg for dear life lol....
I guess I'm feeling a bit better today.
x

Lovelost, was reading your post and just want to say how sorry I am for you, and am sending you big hugs and lots of positive vibes, it's just not fair that we have to go through this and tbh I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts xxx.

I think it's time I join now. :hi: Sorry were all going through this :cry:
I am starting my 3rd miscarriage now. I have been seeing a RE since my second one though. I have been diagnosed with Factor V leiden, PCOS, and borderline hypothyroidism. With this pregnancy my estrogen, progesterone and hcg were very low. She had put me on estrogen patches and progesterone and things got better but yesterday I started bleeding quite a bit. I had an scan today and she couldn't see much except my uterus was full of blood. She said that I probably had a bad ovulation. So, now she wants me to be on bc pills for a month then start clomid. She kept saying my pituitary gland needs a break. Can't believe I have to take birth control to have a baby whaaaaaa? She also mention prednisone next time too that it may be worth a shot. I guess if we just throw everything in there something should work right? :dohh:

So sorry you are joining us :hugs: You mentioned being borderline hypothyroid. Do you know what your levels were? I was diagnosed as subclinical hypothyroid back in January 2010. I should have been treated as my TSH was over 10. It was left untreated and I lost my third pregnancy at 10 weeks in May. I was referred and am now on levothyroxine. Two consultants have told me that my levels were just about getting me through the day never mind a baby too. If I were you I would push to get your thyroid sorted :hugs:

Thank you Hollybush, the dr is actually testing it today as well as my vitamin D too. I have been on levothyroxine for a few months now and it actually got to high and had to cut back on the dosage. So I don't take it on the weekends, I had not made it another 6 weeks since I changed my dosage though. I kind of liked it being too high because I was losing a lot of weight! :haha: I don't know what my numbers were but when I talk to the nurse I will definitely ask!

McStar I have been on levothyroxine for about 5 years... just had my Obs call me and said that my levels were way too high (max range should be 27 and mine was 39) so I have cut down as of today.

LeeC - glad to hear you sounding more positive - xmas day baby, cool!

McStar - sorry you've had to find your way here - sounds like you've got a lot on your plate but I'm sure you'll get there eventually - this thread is great for allowing us to sort out our own paths instead of relying on medical staff.

Hey Ladies.
So I got AF yesterday, bang on time, so I'm on day 2 of my cycle and even though I don't have my date for appt with Siobhan Quenby yet I'm going for it this month. Hoping my appt will come through before the 2nd of April, but playing it tight.
So, not to get carried away or anything I was looking at due dates, if I get my BFP in April, it will mean my due date will be Xmas day!!!
Haha I can just imagine my dh trying to drag me into the car kicking and screaming while I'm holding on to my turkey leg for dear life lol....
I guess I'm feeling a bit better today.
x

LOL at the turkey leg :haha: So glad your feeling a bit better :hugs:

McStar - So sorry your going through this again but happy you've managed to find us :hugs:

I'm off for a pelvic scan later today, fx'd it won't show anything wrong & that they tell me there & then so I don't have to spend time worrying over nothing.

I don't know what to do, not TTC whilst waiting for appt is making me feel really depressed i've been signed off work as well on top of it all i keep crying at work:cry:
I have been charting with BBT and CBFM and I havn't ovulated of 2 mth which is making things worse my cycle was so regualar last year short LPD but at least i had a LP :nope: im sure stress of it all is making things worse but how do i stop that. I have my first appt next week but i reckon even though they ask you to stop TTC i might ignore them any advice anyone????
feeling very low.

i'd love a christmas baby or a least be able to try for one:sad1:
sorry for feeling sorry for myself

Ovenbun- I was told not to try for 4 months after my last mc it was torture. I feel like the clock is ticking for me, and four months was huge. We waited 3 months as thats what another doctor told us and we did get pregnant but it ended in this last mc. So I don't know what to say, they just wanted to make sure that my blood results came back ok and they did.

Mcstars- What does your doctor mean by bad ovulation? Can it really be that bad if you got pg? I asked my doctor if because I ov so late (19-26cd) if my eggs were not as good and she said no.

thanks lovelost it is like torture it's already been 3 mth and they want me to wait another 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrrrr aarrrrah (thats better)

out of intrest how long is your cycle ?

Ovenbun, nobody told me to wait but then I got a phone call from the early pregnancy unit saying they wanted to repeat my blood test for Sticky blood as the first was raised and they needed 2 positives as a proper diagnosis, well this this literally the week we got pregnant (we didnt know at this point - was waiting for AF) I was actually thinking about waiting but we had :sex: once in 6 weeks and got pregnant, I just felt this was meant to happen and now have not told them, they are expecting to see me in April sometime for the test but unless I miscarry, I wont be going there. I plan on reaching 12 weeks (if I can) and then just seeing a midwife for app and normal 12 weeks nuchal. sick of being fobbed off and made to feel like I am a pain in the arse to them. I am sure I am over reacting but thats how I feel after 4 mcs.

I just went to see my doc and he hand wrote out my referral and faxed it to bupa for me! how nice. so now waiting for a phone call from Bupa with my ref number and we can hopefully go tonight or tomorrow for the blood test for nkc. probably too late to stop a mc if I have the problem but I cant sit here for possibly 6 weeks and then find out I have it. I just feel sick to the stomach. I need this to be ok!!! eek.
x

thanks lovelost it is like torture it's already been 3 mth and they want me to wait another 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrrrr aarrrrah (thats better)

Are they waiting for test results for you??

My cycles average 34+ days, but that is with really short luteal phase, anywhere from 7-12 days it changes every month. I am now on progesterone in hopes to sort that out. This last cycle the one I m/c again was my first cycle on it.

Ovenbun, nobody told me to wait but then I got a phone call from the early pregnancy unit saying they wanted to repeat my blood test for Sticky blood as the first was raised and they needed 2 positives as a proper diagnosis, well this this literally the week we got pregnant (we didnt know at this point - was waiting for AF) I was actually thinking about waiting but we had :sex: once in 6 weeks and got pregnant, I just felt this was meant to happen and now have not told them, they are expecting to see me in April sometime for the test but unless I miscarry, I wont be going there. I plan on reaching 12 weeks (if I can) and then just seeing a midwife for app and normal 12 weeks nuchal. sick of being fobbed off and made to feel like I am a pain in the arse to them. I am sure I am over reacting but thats how I feel after 4 mcs.

I just went to see my doc and he hand wrote out my referral and faxed it to bupa for me! how nice. so now waiting for a phone call from Bupa with my ref number and we can hopefully go tonight or tomorrow for the blood test for nkc. probably too late to stop a mc if I have the problem but I cant sit here for possibly 6 weeks and then find out I have it. I just feel sick to the stomach. I need this to be ok!!! eek.
x

firstly congratulations what did your GP say about sticky blood ? was he concerned at all ? would they give you treatment just incase. I am a bit apprehensive about the nkc as it hasn't been properly testing yet and prednisolone comes with alot of side effect- not meaning to worry you more. try and relax and fingers crossed for you this pregancy goes well.
I think after the first appt i might just use the lets see what happens approach i think i have POC and low progestrone as i ovulate late well not this mth !!!
which they are not going to treat for anyway so i think whats the point.

Are they waiting for test results for you??

My cycles average 34+ days, but that is with really short luteal phase, anywhere from 7-12 days it changes every month. I am now on progesterone in hopes to sort that out. This last cycle the one I m/c again was my first cycle on it.

booo im the same short letual phase usual 10days but since my last mc it has been even worse have you tried any natrual therapies ive been having accupunture for the last few mth but my ovulation has been worse but my periods better. Im think of trying Vitamin B complex there is a thread for it seam to of really helped some people with LPD but i am nervous of upsetting my symtom to much

Lovelost my dr explained it to me but I don't think I can explain it very well! She showed me pictures and said it had to do with my hormones at the beginning of the cycle were not producing enough and that caused the corpus luteum after ovulation to produce such low levels or estrogen and progesterone. I did get pregnant but I think if it wasn't for taking the supplements right away I probably would have had a chemical, my first hcg test was only at 19. I am not the best at explaining things in an understanding way! sorry :wacko:
Has anyone had to take birth control for a month to situate their hormones? I feel like my doctor is just telling me to do things just because she doesn't know what else to do!

Sorry your doctors are telling you to wait ovenbun. I hope that you don't need to wait that long. After every loss I have had my doctors have never told me to wait more than 1 month. I couldn't imagine 6! :hugs:

Welcome McStars: Sorry that you have to join us. I hope you find some answers here. :hugs:

Ovenbun- Why 6 months?!?

Welcome McStars: Sorry that you have to join us. I hope you find some answers here. :hugs:

Ovenbun- Why 6 months?!?

IT works out in total 6 mth i had my last MC in November i had alot of pelvic pains so not able to TTC anyway but i was waiting for my appt with my local consultant his testing BT ect took 6 weeks asked not to TTC then he referred me to St Mary's ask me not to TTC until the appt which because an admin error took 6 weeks to come through and then the appt was another 6 weeks and they ask you not TTC whilst there are investigating which is 10weeks so actually won't be done until june which is longer than 6mths !!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the big long rant i do need to put it into perspective since my last MC i have only ovulated once which i am sure is the stress im just so tired of it im not getting any younger! I don't want to loss anymore time my consultant says not to worry as im 31 but by the time they have finished ill be 32. all my friends are having babies all over the place waiting 6mth just to investiagted properly is rediculous x

McStars
I was put on combined pill years ago to protect me for cycts but i have heard of being put on the pill to settle hormones honestly i have thought about asking if i should go back on it alothough i hate being on it my cycles have got worse since stopping i think it depends on you as an individual.

Stardust I needed to add if it felt like it was meant to be then maybe it is xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->