Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

9babies, I'm sorry you're feeling bad today, it never gets any easier does it. When is your appt for test. Sending you hugs.

Davies and Stardust. I hope everything is going well and you are both relaxing as best you can.

Coco, welcome. Sorry you had to find this thread. Glad your gp is referring you for test and sorry for your loss.

X

already had my appt for blood tests , still waiting on results from a few of them but the ones I got back so far, show that I have an severe iron deficiency problem, also have very low progesterone levels, and my january loss, at 12 weeks, the baby turns out to have edwards syndrome. so that is why I lost that one i guess. dont know about the other losses since then and before th en. had 11 now! :cry:
I am on iron pills, progesterone, to help me get the levels up before I get pregnant again, and clomid to help the egg quality. I am also on high folic acid.

I am glad you are being treated for what they have found but I am so sad for what you are and have been through. 4 losses and I am totally exhaused by it. you never "get used to it" which is what people in the real world think and the latest comment that I found hurtful was that "if you try and forget your pregnant you can try and detach yourself" wtf!!! I now find myself never talking about pregnancy and avoiding any conversations. I assume I am not alone here when I say how insensitive people are. I know they dont really undertstand but surely they must have some idea how these comments come accross, when they were pregnant I bet the moment they got the positive test, they planned maternity leave, talked about names and knew exactly what pram they wanted!!

Sorry to ramble on, I just sometimes need to say these things and know that others feel this way and have this sort of thing in their "real life"

x

Hi girls im not preg need to change that avatar!! Soz for confusion!! Im in waiting limbo!! One of my best friends just had her 2 nd baby i feel jealous!!
Stardust how you doing? Hope was all good an u had a nice hb hun xx

oh my mistake, I just see your avatar and thought u were. It wont be long though hun. the karyotyping is the longest wait, mine took exactly 12 weeks. When are you expecting to hear back!

Scan is tomorrow morning at 10.30 in the dreaded EPU, I walked past there today (as u know I work on that ward) I see a woman crying as she walked out and it made me feel sick. I really wanted to hug her. she looked completely devastated!!

Will update as soon as I have some news. probably by 12!!

Looks like i will be joining you on this thread soon ladies....

Have started bleeding today, with backache, cramps, and a few small clots.

Emergency scan on Wednesday at 12:00.

I hate my body so much right now, i feel like a failure :cry:

Oh fxd sweetie, im sure u will be fine, will be thinking of u, i only had mine 1 week ago so got a while an still havent had my af after my d and c but im hoping it stays away for 2 weeks to do the other bloods day 2-5 ones!! x

Missmaternal, I really hope things are ok for you and your scan shows that baby is ok.

Sending you hugs and we will all be here to support you as much as we can
x

Miss maternal so so sorry hun but try to keep faith i no its hard but u never no.
I am same as u feel like a failure an im in limbo land!! I hope its not the case for u hun keep us updated an if u need a chat xx

Davies the waiting is the worst part, I was surprised actually how fast it ended up going though. I just tried so hard to think of something else! sooooo easier said than done. Was constantly looking at dates and working out "oh I should be trying now" but the way I see it was that I would never forgive myself if I miscarried before the karyotyping came back and THEN they said I had something wrong and it could of been prevented! so its definately worth being "careful" :rofl:

Def stardust i agree im going on hol 5th may so i have 3 weeks taken care of there!! I just want all results back 1st! xx

Mr Raajkumar was really nice when I see him last week. He baiscally said that some people really can be unlucky 4 times, he said i am sorry that isnt what you want to hear and he said that if I miscarry again (praying i dont) the baby will be tested for karyotyping but then i will be referred to St Marys as he feels he cant do anymore locally, he hasnt got the experience that London have. I just pray I never need them. My husband liked him too as he said he was honest and frank and didnt mince his words, he said it how it was and to be fair, that is all i could of asked for.

Make sure you write the 12 week date in your diary (lol as if it isnt in there already!!) and chase up Helen in maternity. I have her number if you need it. that way you can get an app booked for when your results are in. she is really nice and was very helpful to me. he only has one rcm clinic a month (think its wed afternoon) so if you results are back and you just miss the clinic, you could end up waiting a month more! just a bit of advice x

Hey ladies. I had my surgery yesterday. Had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and a rocky post op recovery, but am home now.

Baby has gone for tests and we will see our Consultant in 6 weeks time when we will decide whether to continue or accept that we will not be parents.

Hello ladies, can i join in here? i've just had my second MMC, identical twins and my doc is starting testing now. going for my first blood tests today. any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks. xx

:hi: & Welcome.

Sorry for your loss. Do you know which tests you are having done?

Hey, i had 10 bottles of blood taken yesterday :wacko: they are testing for immune problems, clotting and genetics, they took hubbys blood too and as i had D&C on friday they sent the tissue away for karotype.

They took swabs for infection last week (all clear). And she did a internal ultrasound to check around.

All this is totally new to me so trying to get my head around it all, i have an great Dr though, she said tests results can take up to 6 weeks.

Have you had tests done? trying to look inot what they all mean as she didnt totally explain them all, prob as i was just coming round from anasthetic :dohh:

xx

Padrat I hope u get lots of rest and tlc. My thoughts r with u and I really hope you can stay strong enough to keep fighting for your dream. It will happen. It has too. X

Feel bad writing this on here as there is so much heartache but I know a few are following my progress. I had a scan today and baby is measuring 8+1 as it should. Hb 144. I'm very happy but still have a long way to go. X

Hi coco,

I've had all these tests done - probably most of us on here will have. Pretty standard once you've had the third MC. I'm sorry you are joining us and have to go through this but at least they can try to find out what's wrong, if anything. All my tests to date have come back negative i.e. there is nothing wrong with me and I understand that over 50% of couples have the same result.

I wanted to find out as much as I could about the tests etc. and fill the 6 week wait for the results so I bought a couple of books off Amazon. "Miscarriage; what every woman needs to know" by Lesley Regan was brilliant. I read it cover to cover, twice, and then went back to my doc to have a more informed chat with her - it was all hypothetical as no results were in but I felt much better having gone.

Good luck with it all. I am waiting on the test results on my latest MC "products" and it can be unnerving if you think too much about it. Remember, if they find something you can do something about it and if not, you have the all clear to try again - gotta think positive!! Let us know how you get on xxx

Just read your update, Stardust - fabulous news!! Congratulations! And just reminds the rest of us to keep going too. xxx

Hi coco,

I've had all these tests done - probably most of us on here will have. Pretty standard once you've had the third MC. I'm sorry you are joining us and have to go through this but at least they can try to find out what's wrong, if anything. All my tests to date have come back negative i.e. there is nothing wrong with me and I understand that over 50% of couples have the same result.

I wanted to find out as much as I could about the tests etc. and fill the 6 week wait for the results so I bought a couple of books off Amazon. "Miscarriage; what every woman needs to know" by Lesley Regan was brilliant. I read it cover to cover, twice, and then went back to my doc to have a more informed chat with her - it was all hypothetical as no results were in but I felt much better having gone.

Good luck with it all. I am waiting on the test results on my latest MC "products" and it can be unnerving if you think too much about it. Remember, if they find something you can do something about it and if not, you have the all clear to try again - gotta think positive!! Let us know how you get on xxx

Thank you claire, i am feeling a bit nervous about the results already, and a tad impatient. Dr did say she may not find anything and the 2 MMC have been just bad luck. I am scared about the genetic testing as i have read that there is not much they can do about this. I am kind of hoping that they find abnormalities with the tissue as this means that there is nothing that could have been done to prevent MMC.

Its great to talk to ladies who are going through the same. Still feeling in a bit of a daze about it all.

xx

Padrat I hope u get lots of rest and tlc. My thoughts r with u and I really hope you can stay strong enough to keep fighting for your dream. It will happen. It has too. X

Feel bad writing this on here as there is so much heartache but I know a few are following my progress. I had a scan today and baby is measuring 8+1 as it should. Hb 144. I'm very happy but still have a long way to go. X

Great news stardust22 :happydance:

Hey, i had 10 bottles of blood taken yesterday :wacko: they are testing for immune problems, clotting and genetics, they took hubbys blood too and as i had D&C on friday they sent the tissue away for karotype.

They took swabs for infection last week (all clear). And she did a internal ultrasound to check around.

All this is totally new to me so trying to get my head around it all, i have an great Dr though, she said tests results can take up to 6 weeks.

Have you had tests done? trying to look inot what they all mean as she didnt totally explain them all, prob as i was just coming round from anasthetic :dohh:

xx

I've had tests done too, so far all have come back OK apart from one which showed I have a slight clotting isuue, but it's not enough of a problem to cause my mcs. Now I'm just waiting for the chromosonal analysis, on myself & hubby, which is the big one, if this shows a problem they may not be able to do anything about it. Hope to get an appointment with my Obs/Gyn sometime soon, as it's 9 weeks (and counting) since we had blood taken.

Hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Great news stardust22 :happydance:

xx

I've had tests done too, so far all have come back OK apart from one which showed I have a slight clotting isuue, but it's not enough of a problem to cause my mcs. Now I'm just waiting for the chromosonal analysis, on myself & hubby, which is the big one, if this shows a problem they may not be able to do anything about it. Hope to get an appointment with my Obs/Gyn sometime soon, as it's 9 weeks (and counting) since we had blood taken.

Hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Thanks hun, luckily where i am, no waiting on appointments, we are under a consultant who delt with both MMC and she will send appointment as soon as all test results are in, no neew for wait. they said 6 weeks for the chromosome tests on me and hubby, i'm also very scout these tests :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->