Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Just a quick update ladies: I had my appt. today with my RE regarding the high natural killer cells. She said that in her office they only do two types of treatment for it: IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin) or intralipids. IVIG is $3,000 or so per infussion while intralipids are about $750 per infussion. She said that her office has seen very similar results with both treatments.

Given the high cost of the IVIG we are opting for the intralipids to start with. The plan is for me to have 1 treatment before getting pregnant. My first treatment will be this Friday when I will be CD 7. Then I will come in at around 10 DPO for an early beta test. If I am pregnant I will get another infussion right away. She expects me to need around 4-5 infussions up to my 12th week of pregnancy. She will then test the NK cells again and if they are still high I will get more infussions as needed. She said I would not need them past 26 weeks along.

None of this is covered by insurance and everytime I need one I will need to shell out $750 but that's OK. She said I don't have to wait to TTC and that we can try again this cycle! I'm so excited. She said we should give this 3-4 cycles and see how it goes. If for some reason I do get pregnant and have another mc on the intralipids I would need to do the IVIG but she doubts that will be the case.

So, my first treatment is this Friday at 10:30 a.m. I will be there about 2.5 hours with an IV in my arm. I hate needles, how can I be this excited about getting the treatment? I should be able to get my first beta test done about 3 weeks from today. Can't wait, I'm excited that this may be the answer to my prayers!

That's great news, you sound so positive :hugs: I hope this is the answer you've been looking for! X

Thank you Miss Maternal! My thinking is that if it's treatable and I'm going to get the treatment the next natural step would be that it is going to resolve the problem. As long as the intralipid works, I ovulate, and DH's sperm swims fast we should be all set.

Congrats on your own pregnancy! You must be so happy. = )

mon-n-john,
an exciting few weeks for you.,got a good feeling about this for you., enjoy the process.
be stalking to see how you get on.

Claire thats fantastic news

9babies, good news about your law suit.

leec hope you're doing ok.

Thats great news! My RMC consultant didnt believe in NK cells and said it was a myth so wudnt test for it, but I got pregnant again without treatment the day after my appointment to we'll see

Thank you Luna and Mandy! I have a good feeling too. Apparently my RE was involved in one of the first studies regarding NK cells. The woman is a genius, it was her suggestion I be tested for them. How right she was!

Thank you Miss Maternal! My thinking is that if it's treatable and I'm going to get the treatment the next natural step would be that it is going to resolve the problem. As long as the intralipid works, I ovulate, and DH's sperm swims fast we should be all set.

Congrats on your own pregnancy! You must be so happy. = )

That's a really good way to think about it, and I really hope it works for you! Thanks hun, I am happy, but still a bit anxious...I have had two second tri losses previously, one at 18 weeks and one at 20. So until I reach 20 weeks I don't want to let myself get too excited...but I'm 17 weeks now, so not long to go :) xxx

I have had two losses this year 2011 one in February which was classed as a missed miscarriage or abortion ending in a D&C... this time around and my most recent loss was today but the mystery this time is why... they are saying it is one of two causes one being a possible blighted ovum or it could have been a molar pregnancy!! I didn't have many of the symptoms of the Molar except that my levels were high and kept rising despite the failing pregnancy... in ultrasound they found what they thought was a sac which had shrank and was irregular. I have also read that levels can continue to rise with a blighted ovum as well. I keep praying that is all it was but either way there was no baby at all. :cry:

Miss Maternal, you'll soon be at the 20 week mark and feel much better!

Trying after 2nd mc, I am sorry for your loss hun. Hugs!

well we can both get there. I Jus thope I ovulate this week, bc I should ovulate sooner bc of the clomid.

:dust:

and to everyone struggling and lost :hugs:

I know how you feel!!

well we can both get there. I Jus thope I ovulate this week, bc I should ovulate sooner bc of the clomid.

:dust:

and to everyone struggling and lost :hugs:

I know how you feel!!

Iam so sorry about your losses Hun xx

Hi ladies I been using cbfm after my chemical an i havent ov this month as i obviously didnt take my clomid! Im sooo sick of it i take clomid i fall preg i mc! I dont take clomid i dont get pg! On a positive note im paying to go private seeing raj rai on sat at zita west clinic london!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->