Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

nope tehy dont. most insurance her ein teh states do not cover anti-malaria meds.
they only use steroids. and I refuse to use those, bc they give me even worse symptoms.

Are the meds expensive then?
I'm paying for my steroids privately at the moment. I'm not super keen on taking them, either, but I reckon it is worth a try now. I think I might have said no if my doc had suggested IVIG, though. Everyone has a limit at some point, right?! Given my success rate and overall health to date I need to think about looking after myself, too.

How is it with your flare-ups? Do you need to wait a certain time after before ttcing?

Hey ladies :)

I know I don't post in here very often, mainly cos we were back TTC again after the early loss in May and it felt a bit "wrong" to post :blush: but I just wanted to post a quick update. I started treatment for hypothyroidism in September last year and today I've been discharged from the Outpatients Clinic as I've achieved normal thyroid levels for the last 3 months :thumbup:. There's no other news other than I'm being sent for an ultrasound in the next few weeks as my GP thinks I might have an ovarian cyst as I've been in bloody agony for the last 3 to 4 weeks all around my left ovary :wacko:. I'm definitely not pregnant (5 BFNs on my own HPTs and a negative bHCG confirmed that) so it's something else that needs to be checked out. We're having a bit of a break until that's checked out but as soon as I know what's going on and if anything needs to be done, we'll be back TTC after that.

:hugs: to all that need them :hugs:

Hollybush, great news about your thyroid!
Hopefully your ovary or whatever is wrong can be sorted quickly and effectively so you stop being in pain :hugs:

Are the meds expensive then?
I'm paying for my steroids privately at the moment. I'm not super keen on taking them, either, but I reckon it is worth a try now. I think I might have said no if my doc had suggested IVIG, though. Everyone has a limit at some point, right?! Given my success rate and overall health to date I need to think about looking after myself, too.

How is it with your flare-ups? Do you need to wait a certain time after before ttcing?

nope I am ttcing right now, in my 2ww!! YOu dont have to wait. unless you have organ problems, but I already had my surgery . so I am ok.
they are way expensive, and most doctors here in america do not agree with malaria meds being used for lupus, so getting an prescription would be next to none.

Hi Pip.

I'll take a look at that thread, it's a good idea as like many I know of the sides, I always take my steroids as early as possible as I have problems sleeping and was a bit hyper the last time lol...
I started them today just incase for this month and plan to test at the weekend.
If I get the faintest of lines I will up the dosage and start on the progesterone and aspirin and request the heparin.
I'll need to call Shehata to see if I can bring my appt forward for the intralipids, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself here!!! (although already know my due date would be 12th May lol...)

As far as I know the steroids should not interfere with your cycle, didn't effect mine but I know the progesterone def can, hence I'm being a bit hasty this cycle in starting the Cyclogest, plus I suppose anything is possible.

I'm keeping my fx'd for a BFP for you, when do you test? The tww sucks big time and I'm joining you on a technicality :/

9babies, big hug coming your way xxx

Nice to see you back Holly, please keep us posted, waiting to ttc is also hard work, there's no winning xxx

Hey all!

I was told by my Consultant to start the steriods 2 weeks before the transfer and then start cyclogest, hep etc etc 2 weeks after the transfer.... I guess that is when we are meant to test and he means if it is a BFP start that other stuff.

Am gonna wander over and check out your steriod junkies thread in TTC Pip hahhaha

Holly are you on levothyroxine? I am .... never have a decent thyroid blood test.. can vary by 50 mg a time lol

Holly are you on levothyroxine? I am .... never have a decent thyroid blood test.. can vary by 50 mg a time lol

Yes I am. 75mcg seems to have done the trick. I've varied from 50 to 75mcg during the last 11 months but my last three months' levels have settled wonderfully. My TSH is now down to 2.3 :thumbup: (my worst ever was 11.3).

I'm not sure if it is coincidental but I seem to have had normal levels since I started taking Maca Root again...hmmmmmm

Lee, you're right. I was hyper all day! I'm chatty on the best of days but today I just could.not.stop! I hope this isn't a permanent feature...
Btw, I can't believe you've already calculated your due date this early!

(It's the same as mine)

9babies, that's great that you don't need to wait! I hope everything goes well for you. Are you doing anything different from before?

Padbrat, does this mean you're having PGD? Or using donor eggs?
Are you sure you're not meant to take the cyclogest from shortly after transfer? Or do you already get a form of progesterone as part of your arsenal of IVF drugs? (Sorry for all the questions - did I mention that I'm a bit hyper today?)
Oooh... steroid junkies... love it! I might have to incorporate that into the thread title ;)

Hi Pip.

Yeah I remember being hyper last time and that's why I had to get my psych to sign them off for me and say he would keep an eye on me while I am taking them.
It can increase feelings of depression or mania.
I'm like you pretty hyper too. Didn't sleep much last night either but I think it settled down after a week or so.

Some people are lucky and have no sides at all. I'm conscious about the weight gain and moon face too... Lol. What a joy and yeah I can't believe I looked up due date already, it would appear I am still obsessed despite my break from all things babies.

I couldn't find the thread. I'll take another look later. Would be good for us to keep a journal on how we are doing on the steroids xxx.

Just noticed you looked up yours too lol... Crazy ladies :)

ladies.... and by that I mean Pip and Lee.... something to announce??? hmmmmm lol... or am I getting the wrong end of the stick... if I am sorry...

wait wait wait... have re read Drs email... and he says

"Also the medication is ok- agree with your consultant. Steroids will start when we start the stimulation for the endometrium (womb lining) which is about 2 weeks prior to embryo transfer- will let you know and there is no problem including it in the prescription- The rest- anticoagulants and aspirin will be after the embryo transfer."

Pip could you put a link in for your thread... couldn't find it

The steroid thread link is here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-after-loss/713725-steroid-junkies-perfectly-unscientific-medical-trial.html

Enjoy.

Lol, at 4dpo there is nothing to announce.

I like to go through my calendar and figure out how many weeks I might be by Christmas if I get pregnant this month, next month, or the month after. Sad, ey!

Lambs, thanks for posting the link xxx

Petitpas i do that to!!! All the time lol!! How preg at my birthday oh birthday xmas all sorts!!! Wierdos arent we lol!!

Yep me too ladies. I always think when would be a lovely time to announce like Xmas, birthdays etc etc...
At least we can still manage to remain optimistic despite all the crap we have to go through xxx.

And sorry Padbrat nothing to announce here either, we had an "accident" as not supposed to be ttc before we see Shehata. So I've sort of defaulted to tww and have started the steroids just incase but will keep you posted xxx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->