Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

sorry to be posting on here again ladies. after 11 miscarriages i am pregnant again. i am only 4 weeks and 4 days but feel so confused by it. i don't know whether i should allow myself to be excited about it or if i should accept that there is a fairly high chance i will miscarry again although all tests are negative for everything i have been tested for. i am struggling to keep calm and i am on edge all the time, i hate the waiting game x

Just wanted to say good luck.

wow congrats helen. gives me hope !!!!

I am in the 2ww and hoping and praying I have a beanie in 2 weeks, but also so so scared if I do, bc I dont want to lose anymore

I hope someone can help me I think I've got a faint bfp this morning. I haven't a clue when I ovd as my opks where playing silly buggers.
I've had lots of tests and they couldn't find out why I keep losing them so I was wondering if you lovely ladies can advise me what to do now.
I never get to 5 weeks :(

Congrats Helen good luck xx
Cla have you had nk cells testing? Also have you tried the normal aspirin an progesterone supplements? X

I don't no weather I have had that test done, they took that much blood I lOst track lol
I'm taking aspirin as of today and I'm using natural progesterone cream.

Cla, I take it you've been to your local recurrent miscarriage clinic for testing?
If yes, then your next steps would probably be to ask for a referral to St Mary's or go see someone for nkcell testing. In the meantime you could maybe ask your gp about prescribing steroids?

Cla, you need to start with the basics right now. Go get a blood test to confirm pregnancy and request that they test your progesterone at the same time. If you are pregnant and your prog. is low you need vaginal progesterone suppositories. The cream is not effective, the suppository needs to be vaginal to be effective. These are special and prescription only.

In the meantime take a baby asprin. If you do have an NK cell issue it needs to be treated from before conception to really be effective so I hope that is not your issue. Please go get a blood test in the meantime to see where you are at. Good luck!

Good point, Mon, on having the progesterone level tested :thumbup: cla, you can have that done at your gp's or if they are funny about it call your local early pregnancy clinic.

I also agree with Mon on the progesterone supplements, the pessaries/suppositories are the most effective - more than progesterone injections. Even without a blood test you could ask for them to be prescribed to you as they are harmless and cheap (always two good points to make with a reluctant doctor)...

Hi 9babies, I had to take a break to get my head straight but I have two new ways forward now. With the test results showing the last baby was healthy I just couldn't go on and try again without something changing.

You are so brave to keep going! I remember reading that you have lupus? Is that systemic lupus rather than antiphospholipid syndrome?

Hey Pip.

I meant to respond sooner, infact I typed up a whole reply to you and then my stupid iphone packed up grrrr!!!!

How are you bearing up now? I'm glad you got the steroids, sounds like your plan is same as mine now. The Full Monty eh!!!

In answer to your question it's been really hard waiting to TTC but I honestly think I needed to take a break for my sanity, we plan to try again after seeing Shehata but thought realistically the new year may be best.
However, dh and I got a bit carried away at the weekend, I was due to OV Saturday and we didn't use protection Sunday (sorry if tmi), my cycle is usually bang on 28 days, but the since my last chemical it's been 29 and 30 days, so I may be OV'ing late.
So, now I'm in a predicament, do I start the steroids now or not. Seriously driving myself crazy over the past couple of days, sore bbs etc but probs all in my head.
You see, even when you are not actively TTC it still screws with your head lol...

Also my first few miscarriages I sort of kept between dh and I but now I am upto 10 including my ectopic and chemicals it's sort of common knowledge and I am pretty open about it to more or less everyone.
It's amazing how many people have gone through it once you talk about it.
I've had nothing but a positive response to my situation and it stops any insensitive comments too.

The Miscarriage Walk is now taking place in October.

Anyway, now I'm waffling. So, how are things with you. Are you TTC, sorry if I am covering old ground, I must read through the thread and get a proper catch up with everyone.

I hope everyone is well and am looking forward to catching up with the thread and hoping some good things have been happening on here.

xxx

Hey ladies!

Am joining you guys on the steriods crew! Bloody GP would not give em to me.... but my Consultant will hehehehhe....

Now am just waiting for my treatment in Oct! Gotta have a plan .... gotta give it one last try eh ladies?

Hi Padbrat.

I agree with Pip, I had a similar scenario with my gp re the steroids it was so frustrating, even more so when my last pg was still not viable after taking them from BFP, so like many others it will be from ov for me in future when TTC.
I hope you get this sorted, you deserve to be given the opportunity to try everything after all you have been through. xxx

Helen. Congratulations, it's a nerve wracking time but try to stay positive, I am wishing you well xxx.

Hey Padbrat, how spooky I just posted to you re steroids. So glad your consultant is prescribing. Will be keeping my fx'd for your BFP now.
Are you taking from ov?
Good luck x

Lol looking at us rocking the roids!
Yes, I am ttc now. I am in the tww and trying to deny it. I wonder whether the steroids will have a detrimental effect on my cycle so think it might take a little while to catch on this time. I'm also conscious that going on steroids won't prevent 'bad luck' miscarriages so it might take more than one go. Theoretically, that's in my plan.

It's funny as with a few of us on the treatment we can almost have our own trial here! I'm going to start a thread if anyone fancies joining :)

Thread opened! It's in TTCAL (on phone so can't post link). Padbrat, Lee, I have reserved you front seats :)
Mon, feel free to join us, too. I've counted intralipids in the same category of treatment. Hope that's ok?

Lee, why don't you start popping the pills just in case?

9babies, how are you getting on today?

eh I am not getting on that well. I am having a n major lupus flare up.

and yes I have systemic lupus!!

Oh, that sounds nasty, 9babies :hugs:
Do they give antimalarial drugs for that in the States, too? I only recently read about the treatment and thought it was quite interesting... obviously not for me, but I believe some clinics here use antimalarials on ladies with antiphospholipid syndrome, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->