Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

thanks. I just hoep this is sticky. bc after this i dont think i could go thru another loss again.

Congratulations 9babies. I hope this is your sticky, it's so difficult to managethe excitement and the anxiety. Keeping my Fx'd for you.

Pip, any news?

I'm off for my last EPT of the month (just in case!!!)

Thanks Lambs. It will be interesting to see what Shehata has to say. I'm pretty sure he will agree with increasing the dose and perhaps intralipids based on my last loss with 20 mg steroids (may have been bad luck). x

Davies have you decided about the clomid. I say go for it huni x

Hi girls yes thought sod it I'm going to go for it!! I'm 30 on the 23rd sep so I will either be pg or having a big treat on my birthday!! But thought I have nothing to lose sanity already lost years ago lol!! Can't wait for my St marys appointment I just want some answers! Or a plan of action!!

Congrats 9 babies I no it's scary as we all do but 1 step at a time chillax an fxd it's ur sticky bean xx

Does anyone else have to take clomid to get pg?? X

Good luck, Lee!

Mine was negative. A proper negative, not a silly skinny line in the wrong place (must complain to Sainsbury's about that!).

I'm ok, though. Making plans for the next month now that do not involve being pregnant...

big cyber hug to you 9 babies

good luck Davies hopefully you get a nice sticky for your birthday

Hi Hopeful

Firstly, so sorry for your loss.
You sound very similar to me. I have had 6 early miscarriages and 3 chemical pregnancies. The only time I ever got a heartbeat was when I had my ectopic prgenancy at the beginning of the year, which resulted in me losing my tube.

I am 38 and no children. I seen Prof Quenby a few months ago who thought that this would point to elevated NK cells (as Lambs says above) and prescribed me steroids, I went on to have another chemical, but I'm still optimisitic.

You can google NK cells, Alan Beer, Shehata and Quenby which should give you some good background info.
I would suggest starting with tests. Hope you find this helpful.

Ladies, i am pee'd off, just had a mge from Shehata's clinic to say I have my re-scheduled appt on 6 Sept, I can't make this date again :(
I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow to see what they can do for me also can anyone tell me if Shehata conducts biopsy on first appt.

Lambs, I def think I am out, AF is on her way I can feel it. I'll do one more test tomorrow then I'm off the steroids. I find Superdrug better than FRER and much cheaper too.

Thank you Davies, I love your optimism :)

Nicole So sorry for your loss also.

Hi Lee I was reading this post and curious. You mentioned out of all your miscarriages that only once you got a heartbeat which was ectopic. This is an interesting point for me is this a sign of high NK cells, that you wouldnt get to the stage of a heartbeat?
Im not too clued up on NK cells but have seen it mentioned so many times and started to consider maybe this is whats wrong with me..self diagnosing as always.
The only difference with me was that I had been seeing a strong heartbeat on 4 occasions until 8 and a half weeks when it stopped, I'd been getting spotting and bleeding which I assumed is signs of low progesterone. I have a clinic appointment next week to discuss the results of all the blood tests that were being run through the recurrent miscarriage clinic, kind of hoping that they have found something underlying than all tests being clear.

hi, i'm new here and just had my 4th m/c last week (3 in the past 15 months), have no living children and turn 36 next month (totally depressing).

I do have mthfr A1298C heterozygous which is the least harmful kind and i take 4 mg folic acid/baby asp and prenatal vitamins daily, - for WAY too long now to not be preg...really sick of taking all that stuff. I also take Vit D which was low on my test.

what's strange is that all of my m/c have happened before any heartbeat or anything normal was formed. 1st was blighted ovum, next 2 chemical (m/c and hadn't had internal u/s to even see if there was anything) and the last had an abnormal sac and she couldn't quite tell what was in it as it didn't look right, she thought it could have possibly been 2 but couldn't tell. does anyone know anybody in a similar situation?

I've looked online for hours and can't find anyone with only very early m/c's that has no children. everyone seems to at least gotten to a heartbeat stage before m/c (which would maybe be even more awful). It leads me to believe that my immune system is attacking it?

i'm going to talk to my RE on Sept 8 and I got copies of everything I've been tested for and printed out everything I want to make sure I get tested for if I haven't been.I'm just at such a loss and extremely depressed, I don't know what to do anymore but I cry most of the day and night.

thank you girls for being here for me.

I had a HSG and because my right tube wasn't full open, it was the worst pain I can remember and I begged them to stop, right in the middle of it - my friend had it done though and it didn't hurt like that for her.

I'm going to hopefully start trying again late in Sept, I have follistim this time w/ovidrel trigger as with this last pregnancy, bfp showed up 17 days piui and I had already got the follistim as I really didn't think I was pregs and got bfp a few days later. I also take progesterone suppositories and my progesterone has been great since started on clomid in May (took clomid in May, June, July)

me 35, dh 33, fine, 4 unexplained m/c's and no kids yet, 3 rounds clomid, 1 iui (bfp with iui and m/c). heterozygous mthfr A1298C, otherwise fine

sorry for your losses. I was in the same situation, bfps then a few days later m/c. My losses have been put down to my endometriosis, but this baby was the first pregnancy where I took baby aspirin so who knows. The only other difference is that this preg implanted at the front (I guess away from my endo/scar tissue.)

We had 4 definite losses and another few where i didn't test but think I may have been preg.

Just wanted to give you some hope!

i was informed over two weeks ago that i was miscarrying - I am pregnant with twins and am now 10 weeks along but they stopped growing at 7 weeks - I have been bleeding since Aug 9. - went in for my appt on Aug 16th, this is when i was told I was miscarrying - I still have not passed them yet but still am bleeding and cramping - I also did not have any nausea when I found out I was pregnant but have been completely nauseated for the past week - I am curious as to what a twin miscarriage will look like - What can I expect - How long the process should take - The bleeding seems to be getting lighter but I am just concerned because I have not passed anything - When should I look into a D&C - I don't find many threads on a twin miscarriage. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

Hello to all the new ladies who have had to join this thread....sorry for your losses :hugs:

Davies i really hope you get your sticky bean for your birthday! Your birthday is the same day as my Freya's due date was :flower:

Petitpas sorry you got a bfn hun :hugs:

9babies, huge congrats! Really hope it's sticky this time for you

xx

Well a BFN for me too with an FRER, not even an evap line to obsess over from every possible angle.
Dh is adamant about waiting til the new year and def after our appt with Shehata :( I have some sweet talking to do, but I understand his concern and obviously would really struggle with another loss without having a proper protocol in place as I'm sort of winging it.
I'm hoping to see some good news on here soon.

Davies good luck.

Pip, sorry about your BFN too, it sucks, I'm having a glass of vino tonight (on a school night too)

hi, i'm new here and just had my 4th m/c last week (3 in the past 15 months), have no living children and turn 36 next month (totally depressing).

I do have mthfr A1298C heterozygous which is the least harmful kind and i take 4 mg folic acid/baby asp and prenatal vitamins daily, - for WAY too long now to not be preg...really sick of taking all that stuff. I also take Vit D which was low on my test.

what's strange is that all of my m/c have happened before any heartbeat or anything normal was formed. 1st was blighted ovum, next 2 chemical (m/c and hadn't had internal u/s to even see if there was anything) and the last had an abnormal sac and she couldn't quite tell what was in it as it didn't look right, she thought it could have possibly been 2 but couldn't tell. does anyone know anybody in a similar situation?

I've looked online for hours and can't find anyone with only very early m/c's that has no children. everyone seems to at least gotten to a heartbeat stage before m/c (which would maybe be even more awful). It leads me to believe that my immune system is attacking it?

i'm going to talk to my RE on Sept 8 and I got copies of everything I've been tested for and printed out everything I want to make sure I get tested for if I haven't been.I'm just at such a loss and extremely depressed, I don't know what to do anymore but I cry most of the day and night.

thank you girls for being here for me.

I had a HSG and because my right tube wasn't full open, it was the worst pain I can remember and I begged them to stop, right in the middle of it - my friend had it done though and it didn't hurt like that for her.

I'm going to hopefully start trying again late in Sept, I have follistim this time w/ovidrel trigger as with this last pregnancy, bfp showed up 17 days piui and I had already got the follistim as I really didn't think I was pregs and got bfp a few days later. I also take progesterone suppositories and my progesterone has been great since started on clomid in May (took clomid in May, June, July)

me 35, dh 33, fine, 4 unexplained m/c's and no kids yet, 3 rounds clomid, 1 iui (bfp with iui and m/c). heterozygous mthfr A1298C, otherwise fine

sorry for your losses. I was in the same situation, bfps then a few days later m/c. My losses have been put down to my endometriosis, but this baby was the first pregnancy where I took baby aspirin so who knows. The only other difference is that this preg implanted at the front (I guess away from my endo/scar tissue.)

We had 4 definite losses and another few where i didn't test but think I may have been preg.

Just wanted to give you some hope!

thanks Fifi - in my laparascopy/hys to take out my uterine septum, they found a small bit of endomet and took it out but that's it. they said i have very minimal scarring so I keep thinking about NK cells- can't wait to get tested for them - congrats on your successful pregnancy!

Hi Justkeeptryin

I've had 3 chemical pregnancies, very very early losses, 6 early miscarriages never past 7 weeks and then I had my ectopic (8/9 weeks), which is when I had the heartbeat.

At my appt with Quenby she thought it was highly likely that I have high NK cells as the only time a heartbeat has been detected was when implantation took place in my tube rather than travelling down and implanting properly in my womb.
The baby was continuing to grow at rather a quick speed in the tube which is why Quenby suggested it could be an immune problem and my NK cells attacking in the uterus/womb forcing miscarriage and making it impossible for me to have a normal pregnancy without medical intervention.
Hope this all makes sense.
With regards to my previous early miscarriages I'm not sure if there was ever a heart beat as I have never been scanned before the start of m/c, only after (although now I have to call EPAS as soon as I get BFP and they will scan me at 5.5 weeks, to ensure I do not have another ectopic).

Tbh the test in recurrent clinic at the Princess Royal were fairly basic, they didn't even test my progesterone levels when I had my appt with them, I think they test blood and chromosomal. All I got was a letter saying everything was fine so just to carry on TTC and to call them when I got my next positive. I was so frustrated and upset.
I don't wan't to worry you, but just so you know if everything comes back from them clear there could still be a problem, as they don't test for everything, which is why I asked for out of area referral to Quenby and now to Shehata.

I take progesterone and Aspirin (Heparin next time also) and now I also take steroids.
I take the steroids and progesterone for Ov and then jump on the aspirin at BFP.
I'm waiting my appt with Shehata on 6th Sept (but think I need to re-arrange - gutted) anyway he may look at increasing dose of steroid and perhaps from discussions with the snr midwife there they may look at intralipids.

I hope this has helped somewhat, it was slightly therapeutic typing all of this, so thank you.

I notice you are in Scotland, I am in Glasgow and see the girls in EPAS at Princess Royal they have been fab with me. Where are you attending. I know there is a gp over in Ayrshire that is carrying out progesterone trials, but you risk getting the placebo.

Let me know how you get on next week and hopefully I will be able to help you out with any advice you need depending on your results, as it has taken me many years to get to this point.

Good look, fx'd you get some answers from your results.

xxx

Hi girls yes thought sod it I'm going to go for it!! I'm 30 on the 23rd sep so I will either be pg or having a big treat on my birthday!! But thought I have nothing to lose sanity already lost years ago lol!! Can't wait for my St marys appointment I just want some answers! Or a plan of action!!

Congrats 9 babies I no it's scary as we all do but 1 step at a time chillax an fxd it's ur sticky bean xx

Does anyone else have to take clomid to get pg?? X

I don't necessarily have to take it but did as it also gives you a better chance for good eggs and good stuff. I did get pregs on 3rd round w/an IUI. I think the IUI was necessary for me as clomid can give you harmful cervical mucous which will block the sperm - this doesn't happen in everyone but I think it happened to me. I took 50 mg (3 nice follies) , then another 50 mg second time (1 nice follie) and 75 mg third time (3 nice follies) w/IUI and BFP and then M/C.

I'm glad I took clomid but am going on to follistim the next time - daily injections for 9-11 days I think? as clomid makes your own brain produce more hormones to get follies going but follistim is man made chemicals to get the follies going. But, I am going to check out if I have any autoimmune/NK cells first which will hopefully be in the next we weeks to I can try again end of Sept.

I turn 36 on Sept 27 so hopefully I will be able to start trying then too as a bday present.

9babies - CONGRATS TO YOU! i like hearing good news!

Hopeful- I have an HSG on this Friday to look for a septum. I know I may be jumping the gun, but what was the recovery like after the septum removal. I'm so nervous!!!!

Simpletree, so sorry for your loss, I would def look at getting a medical opinion if possible, any tissue left behind can have serious health risks of infection, so best to be safe. Sending you hugs.

Mandy, how are you? I was AWOL for a while and it seems like ages since we "spoke", sorry if I'm covering old ground, so what's been happening with you x

This is for all the strong ladies, who have been through a lot in life and survived. I am strong because I know weakness, I am compassionate because I have experienced suffering, I am alive because I am a fighter, I am wise because I've been foolish, I can laugh because I have known sadness. I can love because I've known loss.

This is definitely for us strong women who has weathered the storm but
still love to dance in the rain.

Dropping in to say Hello to all. My heart goes out to all the Newbies and for the women that are trying.

Well, I wanted to share that every time I started to try again, I always took liquid geritol and my fiance too. It hasn't let us down yet. I also know some other ladies that have taken it and got pregnant as well. Since everyone is trying everything, try it.

Love, Peace, & Happiness to u all!!!

Lee,thanks so much for replying. That really does make sense that it could potentially be NK cells atacking your uterus and only when outwith the uterus the baby was growing!..interesting!
You really have been through a time of it, I never realised how much of a science this ttc is. Never thought it would be this difficult.
Im in Airdrie so attend Wishaw General hospital for the recurrent miscarriage clinic. So you just got a letter stating that your blood tests were clear?
I've been sent an appointment out for next week to see a consultant to discuss the results..wonder if they've found something! Or it could just be that different hospitals do different things.
They took 10 vials of blood and werent even going to test my progesterone which I was annoyed about so they reluctantly agreed to run tests for "the whole works" they said, I think it was about 7 different things they are testing for. I appreciate your honesty that the results may come back clear and be told just to carry on ttc. The only difference with me is my double womb that they've discovered.its very rare so Im kind of hoping that they will be genuinely interested in it, its the condition where I have two seperate wombs each with their own cervix and could potentially fall pregnant whilst already pregnant in the other womb, its bizarre! But also a big worry to me as my wombs will be half the size of a normal one as they basically didnt fuse together as they should so I risk late miscarriages and premature labour. I have bene reassured however that this womb dosent cause early miscarriages so theres def. something going wrong early on.
Im giving the NHS their place just now but if it comes to it we will be going private. I've realised just how long the NHS takes. It took 8 weeks to get my appointment at the clinic, then 7 weeks for results to come in.
I've also been referred to see a consultant about my womb on the 31st October which Im disappointed at as I hoped to get the results from my tests next week and then be ttc again.
I will keep you posted on my results! I have my fingers crossed for you that you get the answers you deserve from your private consultations. Good luck x

Hi Lee I was reading your post., you take aspirin from bfp.., I take baby aspirin daily rather than waiting on a bfp.. God only knows what aided me to carry baby Emma till 17 weeks., i was convinced it was the thyroxine but after speaking to the midwives at the miscarriage support group., I think perhaps the aspirin helped here as they told me they are seeing the aspirin success stories fairly regular.. I see no harm in taking regular baby aspirin as it's taken by the elderly to reduce their risk of strokes..
Maybe try taking it daily Lee rather than wait on the bfp.?
I have been off work for nearly 9 weeks and ready to go back tk work next week.. Bled for about 6 weeks in total.... I have a positive opk( yay!) so getting the show on the road again I have to be pregnant again by Xmas it's my mission.. Baby was due on 19 gh december so it'll be a tough time anyway hopefully being up the duff again will soften the blow....

Oh Mandy. I am speechless I didn't know you lost your baby and at 17 weeks, that is terrible news.
Emma is a lovely name, I don't know what else to say I really thought you were going to make it.
When did this happen, if you don't mind me asking.
You are one strong lady!

I have used 100mg aspirin for last 2 BFP,s but yeah maybe I'll give it a go from Ov too, anything is worth a try now as this is our last attempt as I think we've exhausted ever other avenue.

I sending you lots of positive vibes and I know baby Emma is up there with all our angels watching over us all.

I'll light a lantern with Emma's name on it at The Miscarriage Walk xxx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->