Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Mon, that's amazing news! Fingers crossed your new treatment does the trick fxfxfxfx

mon-n-jon, very happy for you, hoping everything goes well this time... enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hopeful- I have an HSG on this Friday to look for a septum. I know I may be jumping the gun, but what was the recovery like after the septum removal. I'm so nervous!!!!

hi hopeful mama! sounds like you are done w/the HSG - sorry I wasn't on here until now! - did they find anything out?

the septum removal went ok, I get really nervous w/being put under so they gave me something to calm me down, then put me under and I woke up and they were all ready to give me meds which was great. I had a balloon put in and that really sucked, it was hard to pee (the baloon minimizes scar tissue) but they took it out 3 days later I think? and that didn't feel good at all - they put a speculum in and then grabbed it and pulled it out. But, I was VERY happy after that was done. So I was probably recovering 4 or 5 days or so?

Hi all, not been in here a while, but today is a significant date as my first lost baby was due on 2nd September last year.

I'm not as sad as I might have been as I do have my gorgeous baby girl - who is now nearly 5 months old - born 7th April - after a pregnancy with treatment of aspirin till 36 weeks, progesterone till 16 weeks, heparin till around 24 weeks and prednisolone till around 12 weeks. I was induced and Hannah was born by Emergency CS and she spent 24 hours in neonatal due to meconium aspiration - but is now a healthy bouncing baby.

She is so perfect, that I do wonder about the 2 babies I lost, especially the first, as we saw a 6 and 8 week scan with that one. I wonder whether he or she would have looked like Hannah. The flip side of course is that little Hannah wouldn't have been born if either of my miscarried babies had survived, as I concieved her in July last year. It's a funny old world.

hi lighweight - I am going to go on lovenox and prednisone next BFP (hopefully Oct)? after m/c end of Aug. I don't have anything that I know of that requires me taking lovenox and pred except for 4 early m/c's. Why did you go on lov and pred? what does it feel like? i'm really scared to take them as i hate taking anything although I'm kinda used to it by now after clomid/ovidrel/baby asp, folic acid, vit d and prenatals.
did you take follistim too or something like it? I'm going to take follistim next go-round too (and I always take progesterone).

congrats on your baby and sorry for your previous losses - I've been looking for people to ask about lovenox and pred and saw your post, sorry for all the questions!

Hi Girls,

Just checking in. I am so sorry for the new sad stories but I am encouraged by the general feel of positivity and determination on here.

I used to love reading the successes (still do!) so I hope you take some hope from my update. I'm now almost 15 weeks pregnant and the proud owner of a pair of maternity jeans!! I've lived through two due dates now and remained pregnant (prior to that, my MCs seems to coincide with due dates). Of course, I am still terrified everyday but desperately trying to enjoy every single day in case it doesn't last.

Take care and stay strong xxx

hi claire - congrats!

claire and everyone else who is pregnant: what meds did you take to get bfp and stay bfp? (i'm newer here but not new to m/c's)

Hi ladies, I had my HSG today. Ouch! Tubes are open and I do not have a septum, however, the upper right section had kind of a wavy border- I don't know how else to describe it. She said that it wasn't normal, but she couldn't tell me what it was. I will have a saline infusion sonogram on Tuesday. Anyone else had one of these? She says it's less painful than the HSG?? She said it was a very small "something," but on a part that implantation is likely to occur so we will do the SIS to see if we can find out more.

Claire- congratulations! I'm thrilled that everything is going well.

Mandy- thanks for checking in. I think of you often. :hugs:

Lightweight- thanks for you story and congrats!

hi hopefulmama! sorry about the delays w/my posts! sounds like you don't need surgery hopefully? I've had a few saline infusions and they were easy - before my septum removal and HSG the saline would barely go in there and would just leak out right away but after HSG and septum removal, the saline went in fine. I went to the appts during breaks at work

my HSG was horrible though - the most pain I have had during a dr appt by FAR, hopefully i will never need one again

Hi hopeful,
I've been on a different brand to lovenox on and off for 2.5 years now :)shock: just realised how long it has been!). It's scary at first to have injections, but trust me, you get used to it soon. The secret is to inject the liquid as slowly as possible.
As for the prednisolone, I started that this last cycle and it did give me some side effects such as an afternoon buzz and hot cheeks. Other ladies on here haven't had any side effects so it seems to vary from person to person. For me, it was more amusing than anything and definitely manageable if I get a healthy baby out of it at the end.
I've started a thread for us steroids ladies in the TTCAL section if you fancy joining.

Mon sooooo happy for you congrats hun i hope its ur sticky bean xxx

Mon sooooo happy for you congrats hun i hope its ur sticky bean xxx

Thank you so much Davies! Hey, if there is hope for me there is hope for all of us. I can't wait to see all your BFPs!

Mon- congratulations!!!! Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts!! I hope this is it for you!

claire and everyone else who is pregnant: what meds did you take to get bfp and stay bfp?

I take vaginal progesterone gel suppositories from 3 DPO - 14 weeks of pregnancy. The brand I use is Crinone in 8% strength. It's prescription only in case you are wondering. I'm attaching a pic below so that you can see what the applicator looks like.

Attachments

• crinone.jpg
    crinone.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
Ooh Mon, that looks mightily uncomfortable :shock:

LOL, it's not too horrible. You twist off the tab on the right, insert the straight part into the vagina and squeeze the bulb at the end to dispense the gel.

The worst part is the build-up of the gel. It needs to be cleaned out every now and then lol.:blush:

LOL, it's not too horrible. You twist off the tab on the right, insert the straight part into the vagina and squeeze the bulb at the end to dispense the gel.

The worst part is the build-up of the gel. It needs to be cleaned out every now and then lol.:blush:

Hi Mon,
Thanks for the pic ;) I take the suppositories though, 2 a day during 2ww's and they did raise my prog level great (it's around 45-55 during 2ww and when I was preg) and then just rapidly dropped off to 2 after m/c. so I was on prog during last 2 m/c. they don't have an applicator, it's in the shape of a bullet I guess? and you just shove it up in there...
did you do intralipids this time? were they just before you got bfp?

Hi Mon,
Thanks for the pic ;) I take the suppositories though, 2 a day during 2ww's and they did raise my prog level great (it's around 45-55 during 2ww and when I was preg) and then just rapidly dropped off to 2 after m/c. so I was on prog during last 2 m/c. they don't have an applicator, it's in the shape of a bullet I guess? and you just shove it up in there...
did you do intralipids this time? were they just before you got bfp?

Yes I did. It was actually the only intralipid I have ever done. I did it on CD 7 of this cycle. I have to do another one on September 16 and I'll probably stay on it until I am about 20 weeks pregnant.

I must use the same as you hopeful, the cyclogest? They look scary mon lol!!
Afm cd9 today just realised I will be 11dpo on my 30th birthday this month so either a bfp or bloody big drink! I remember last year convincing myself I was gonna get my bfp!! X

I must use the same as you hopeful, the cyclogest? They look scary mon lol!!
Afm cd9 today just realised I will be 11dpo on my 30th birthday this month so either a bfp or bloody big drink! I remember last year convincing myself I was gonna get my bfp!! X

LOL, I used to do the pill form of progesterone with my last son. I had to insert 4 pills a day vaginally, now that hurt! Shoving pills up my vajayjay is not something I enjoy. :haha: The worst part of this stuff is the build-up that must be cleaned out every few days :blush: but other than that I love it, once a day, that's it! :thumbup:

Davies, I am SO looking forward to your BFP on 11 DPO! :winkwink:

I no what you mean mon!! Always wear my worst knickers on those days!!!lol
9babies how you doing hope all is well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back