Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Scan day tomorrow.... please please please let my endometruim be lovely and think and juicy!!!!

Hey guys I'm hoping to join you all here now. I've always popped in and out of this thread stalking but I never posted.
I've had three mmc's. 1st one at 8+3 weeks (baby was only 6+5), second at 10+5 weeks (baby 7) and my last one was in June, I was 8+6 but baby was only 7+6.

My third mmc was the most heartbreaking as we were really hopeful everything was ok. Each scan was so positive and uplifting so it was a complete shock to us all that our baby had gone. I asked the nurse if I could look cos I regretted not looking with my 2nd angel but now all I see is my baby with little arms and legs. I hope nobody minds me posting this. It's kind of healing for me to actually acknowledge what happened. I closed down after this mmc and tried to just "get back to normal" as quickly as possible.

I'm very lucky to have three children from a previous relationship who are 10, 14 and 15. they really helped me to get back up and keep living (although I was lying through my teeth when I told them I was OK)

I've had lots of tests done. Had to have lots of blood taken. I think they were the normal hormone one's, diabetes and thyroid and me and my partner have had the chromosomal test too. I'm not v clued up as you can tell!! I had the blood taken at the beginning of September so I'm hoping I won't be kept waiting too much longer for the results.

I'm hoping you experts will be able to help me interpret the results. I'm always amazed at the knowledge and wisdom you all have :blush:

I have just phoned my consultant's secretary and she informed me that after reading my results, my doctor wants one of my tests repeating. She said the antibodies one and I'm sure I heard her say lipids.

Have I got anything to worry about? I know it could be something simple but I can't help thinking the worst. I'd really appreciate your opinions

maybe it's antophospholipid antibodies? i think the standard treatment is lovenox? i've had 4 m'cs and no children yet (36) and tested fine for about everthing so i'm not an expert by any means, i'm sure some of the other girls on here will chime in.
so sorry for your losses.

Thanks for replying :)

She's just called me back and told me the Anti Nucleus Antibody test came back positive. I have to have it repeated ASAP and if that comes back positive I have my answer. Half of me is happy that at least it's not "bad luck" the other half of me is incredibly hurt that my stupid body has actually been depriving my precious angels and basically killing them. I've not cried this hard in a long time.

Hiya, your results sound kind of like mines. I had my blood tests taken on teh 21st July and had to wait until 7th September for results. Everything came back normal except the blood clotting/antiphospholipid thing which is higher than the normal range so had to be repeated. Got more blood taken and it is now the 2nd Nov before the results..its never ending. I guess it takes so long because its the NHS.
I know exactly how you feel, kind of glad that the tests have found something but at the same time now scared aswell. I think you antinuclear antibodies is similar to APS in that its an auto immune problem. How do they treat you for that? is it some kind of injections? I've been told that if my 2nd test is still positive for APS I will need daily heparin injections and low dose aspirin

The same for me justkeeptrying. I'll get the results back in 2-3 weeks then I'll have to wait for an appt with the fertility clinic.

I'll be on heparin (sp?) injections and low dose aspirin too but it looks like it'll be a long wait for me too :hugs:

It sucks the waiting. I also have an appointment with a consultant on the 31st October to find out more about my double womb. Thats another concern that I have for potential problems later on. I have two seperate wombs each with their own cervix which is rare but means that there is less room. I was always told however that this does not cause early miscarriages and sure enough its been discovered that I have the clotting problem. Im worried sick about it all so many things to contend with. I actually hope that my results still show the elevated levels for APS so that I can be prescribed the heparin. They say that these things can be temporarily high hence why they repeat the tests. It would just be like it to come back normal and they say just get on with things without heparin. Well good luck to you for future success aswell x

Oh wow. That's very rare. I've never heard of it with two separate cervix'

Good luck to you too sweetie :) x

Very rare indeed, this is the thing where you read stories in magazines about people that fall pregnant whilst already pregnant. Babies can be conceived at different times, one in one womb and the other in the second womb..its bizarre.
Apparently the more completely seperate they are the better success, as its technically two complete wombs but just half the size as they didnt fuse together to create one whole. So its kind of like carrying multiples as there is less room, you can only hope that there is enough room and stretching capacity. thats what Im going to find out on the 31st , how big each side is/is one side better than the other etc. They say that you are lucky to go full term and it usually is the case of premature babies/c section being required. There is many woman out there though that go full term with this and need induced, can only hope for the best. take care x

Hi Ladies, I am new in here. I usually hang around the clomid thread. I was introduced over here by a good friend of mine (who also hangs in the clomid thread).

I have had four pregnancies and one live birth. My son is 18yrs old and I am 36 and my husband (the step-dad) is 42. He is all good to go with the baby making but its me with all the issues. The first year I thought it was him…only because I already had a son and he is about 7 years older then me. After the first miscarriage we found out I had 3 submucosal fibroids (Link: https://submucosalfibroid.com/). We had them removed and then I got pregnant again but this one was a cornual ectopic (Link: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/557082_4). This left me with only my right tube to produce all the babies. Then after that I had a chemical pregnancy.

This prompted my fs to take a bunch of blood work and they found out that I have lupus anticoagulant antibody. I was shocked…I said I have freaking Lupus?? He said NO I have the lupus anticoagulant which is a type of antibody found in my blood. He said I will never get sick like those who have lupus…he tried to assure me that I did not have lupus only because my face said it all :rofl: I have tried to look on line about this but there is not much threads only the actual Lupus disease itself.

I haven’t read this thread as yet but I will go back a few pages and follow. Has anyone heard of this “Lupus Anticoagulant Antibody”?

I hope I am not alone in this...:hugs::blush:

Hi 35, another name is antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). You'll probably find more information when you search for that term. Or Hughes syndrome or sticky blood syndrome. Lots of names :haha:

Have you actually had two positive tests? Because they don't normally diagnose you until you test positive twice as your antibody levels can fluctuate naturally.

Hi All.

Yes Pip, the walk was yesterday, it was very emotional but a nice walk. I had a couple of extra balloons so released one and thought of everyone here and their angels on BnB.

I'm struggling at the moment, don't know what's going on but I'm finding it really hard, I'm staying in bed today after ending up at the docs yesterday following a nasty panic attacks.

Anyway, I will battle on and hopefully after a weekend of rest will be in a much more positive frame of mind.

How is everyone else doing? x

Pip, meant to ask are you still on the steroids (wink wink) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"