Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi Lee, it must have been very emotional the walk . Im sorry to hear you feeling so low just now and struggling. I still have ups and downs and have felt quite crap this week aswell. It still upsets me when I hear of someone else announce their pregnancy, this has happened to me this week and makes me feel bad that I feel this way but cant help feeling that life is so unfair and why does this happen to some of us. Take care, its hard to see it just now when your struggling but its true that the only way is up, you will have good times again and I've been reading many stories this week on the BBC news website of so may people that have suffered numerous losses and then it all came good in the end. I just typed in "heparin injections" and it brought up several links including miscarriage stories. Even read about the woman that had 18 miscarriages and then had her baby girl after they diagnosed NK cells. Its so heartbreaking but we've got to keep trying x

Lee, I agree with just ^^, your walk would have made anyone emotional. I think I'd have been quite tense in the run up, too. You just let it all out for a while. I'm always surprised that we aren't complete nut cases here already :lol: - little lapses and cracks in our facades are totally acceptable imo

Yes, still on the steroids. My critical week isn't until the beginning of November.

Thanks Just keep tryin, I also read about the girl with 18 miscarriages and have my appointment with Dr Shehata who helped her carry to full term on 8 Nov.

I've tried everything else even miscarried on the steroids so can't wait to get my appt.

You're right, I know it's a blip and everything you say we were talking about on our sponsored walk and we all feel this way once in a while so I know it will pass. I hate wallowing in self pity, so today in bed and tomorrow business as usual.

I def think it is my NK cells and that they are high so I think I will be put on a higher dosage than last time. Hence me stalking poor Petitpas lol...

What tests have you had so far, have you got to the bottom of your losses. Sorry if you've already answered this, my laptop has packed up and it takes ages to back and forwards on my phone to read all the posts.

Thank you for your kind words, I love the way we all support each other on here x

Hi Pip.

Yeah you're right, I think we should have put that order in for straight jackets when we were talking about it on here way back.

Frickin panic attacks, I hate them. I must admit I found the whole run up to the walk very difficult and now feel emotionally drained, but you know me, I'll be back on track soon and it will give me even more motivation to get my baby.

So, first week in Nov, how you feeling?
How's it going so far, do you feel any different.
I will be praying that you make it past this point and that we are both celebrating Xmas day with NON ALCOHOLIC wine :)

x

Ah, I really hope so but I am planning for the worst. I'm off work now and I'm not going to look until I've miscarried or am in second tri.

My body has definitely changed with the steroids and is reacting a little differently to pregnancy than usual. The fact that I'm not bleeding means it's relatively easy to ignore that I'm pregnant and I don't have any information such as bloods or scan measurements to obsess over. I hope to continue like this until the end of the month when I expect to start panicking. We'll see...

I'm glad your appointment with Mr S will be soon. Are you making a whole weekend in London out of it?

Unfortunately not Pip, my appt is on a Tuesday, so going to fly down and back in the same day.
I'm hoping the not bleeding is a good sign and that the steroids are working their magic.
I know what you mean though, it's so easy to get caught up in obssessing over everything.
I will remain positive for you and of course will be watching your progress.
I'm hoping to start back up on the steroids Nov/Dec dependent on what happens at my appt.

Pip, also I meant to say, I have heard numerous times and also Prof Quenby told me that the steroids can hide pg symptoms. Have you found this to be the case?
(Apologies for the 3rd degree)

Well, my bbs were still tender but initially they shrank! :shock: by 2 cup sizes!!! They are just about coming back to normal size now, but aren't as big as I would normally expect. Instead, I've lost my waist and am getting quite puffy - normal side effects, I believe.
As for ms and food aversions, that would normally hit me next week so I can't comment yet. I'll keep you posted. Right now, I'm afraid it is all a little boring :blush:

Petit sounds good but wouldnt enjoy boob shrinkage!! lol Leec my appointment at st marys is tues!!! Fxd its our lucky day!!35 wish u werent here babe but i hope some of the girls can help u with ur sticky blood situation!! They are much more knowledgeable than me!! hope everyone else is good xx

Petitpas:
No only once but Bermuda is backwards so I must call them on Monday and make sure they do a second round of testing to make sure. When does one take the second testing? Is there a time frame between the two? He never mentioned I should take a second one. Wow your right there is a lot of names but now at least I can find some information on it then.

LeeC:
I am sorry your not feeling up to part. I hope you feel better real soon. :hugs:

Justkeeptryin:
Wow 18 miscarriages but in the end they were blessed. That is an inspiration within itself and I am getting upset over my three mc’s. I need to look ahead and do my best not to give up too soon.

Daviess3:
Thanks a bunch hun. You’re the best! Am going to take some time to read this WHOLE thread.. I love reading so this is going to be a piece of cake…:blush::haha:

Thanks 35, good luck reading the thread :)

Davies, I will keep my fx'd for you at St Marys.

Pip, yeah I've heard about the bloating, all good fun.

35 - sorry you have to be here, but for what it's worth, welcome! I've had 3 as well, but no diagnosis yet.
Lee - I don't know what the walk was about, was it a memorial for Loss Week? I'm amazed at your strength, and can understand the downer after, really hope Shehata can help! I've heard wonders about him!
Davies - good luck on Tuesday!!
petitpas - hang in there...
Where's hopeful?? And anyone else I've missed

As this is the day we remember our losses, just wanted to send out a big hug to all, and say that all our little ones are in my thoughts, and will be as I light a candle for mine...

Afm, I got the path report back on my last m/c yesterday, first time I've had one tested, even though the idiots refused to do the chromosomal testing...but anyway, it said there was no evidence of a trophoblast, so apparently it was a blighted ovum, not that that changes anything. I just feel like at least I know why I m/c'd, but not why the baby didn't develop in the first place...

Hi Bella. Yeah the walk was in support of this and we raised funds for the Miscarriage Association, walks took place throughout the UK, very emotional but it was worth it for such a worthy cause.
I'm sorry to hear about your losses, stay strong and thank you xxx

Leec congrats on ur walk, well done xxx wish I new they were everywhere I thought they were just in Scotland or I would of tried to do one.
For ladies who have been to St Marys is it 100% nec for my dh to come? He has his own business an he can come if necessary but could really do with being at work that day! I don't mind him not being there an somehow think I may prefer it rather than moaning bout wait times! Lol I just wondered if it's necessary? May try call them Monday obviously if need be he will be an he will be fine!! But just thought I would see!! X

Davies, I am sure they can make do without your husband if need be. Give the nurse a call to discuss - she is really nice!

35, I think they suggest retesting after six weeks although if you are off by a couple of weeks I don't think it matters much.

Lee and everyone else on here, big :hug: for your losses. They will never be forgotten!

Davies, I am sure they can make do without your husband if need be. Give the nurse a call to discuss - she is really nice!

35, I think they suggest retesting after six weeks although if you are off by a couple of weeks I don't think it matters much.

Lee and everyone else on here, big :hug: for your losses. They will never be forgotten!

Okay cool then because I got them don on August 30th, 2011. So i have more time before I can get the test done.

Thanks Just keep tryin, I also read about the girl with 18 miscarriages and have my appointment with Dr Shehata who helped her carry to full term on 8 Nov.

I've tried everything else even miscarried on the steroids so can't wait to get my appt.

You're right, I know it's a blip and everything you say we were talking about on our sponsored walk and we all feel this way once in a while so I know it will pass. I hate wallowing in self pity, so today in bed and tomorrow business as usual.

I def think it is my NK cells and that they are high so I think I will be put on a higher dosage than last time. Hence me stalking poor Petitpas lol...

What tests have you had so far, have you got to the bottom of your losses. Sorry if you've already answered this, my laptop has packed up and it takes ages to back and forwards on my phone to read all the posts.

Thank you for your kind words, I love the way we all support each other on here x

Lee, I've just read your post today. My blood tests all came back normal except the blood clotting one/antiphospholipid/sticky blood ..its known as so many things. They say it can be temporarily high so they like to repeat teh test. So they took more blood and I will get the results on 2nd Nov. They will treat it with low dose aspirin and also daily heparin injections to thin my blood. I also pushed for progesterone but the doctor/consultant isnt very keen on it and dosent agree that it works. Anyway in teh end he agreed to prescribe it if I wish only after I think about the risks. He said that it can masculinise a female feotus which I hadnt heard of. Anyway Im def. wanting to try that aswell to give myself the best chance possible.
I presented him with lots of reasons why I think my progesterone is low:
short luteal phase/all signs of oestrogen dominance such as PMS, heavy periods etc. Also whilst pregnant I had non stop bleeding which wasnt coming from my pregnant womb but appeared to have been my other 2nd womb trying to carry on as normal and have a period..so surely if my porgesterone was high enough this woouldnt have happened. Im a bit different in that the fact I have a double womb!
That sounds really hopeful that you are going to see dr. Shehata who treated that girl with the 18 miscarriages. I have my fingers crossed so tight for you. Good luck x

Lee, I've just read your post today. My blood tests all came back normal except the blood clotting one/antiphospholipid/sticky blood ..its known as so many things. They say it can be temporarily high so they like to repeat teh test. So they took more blood and I will get the results on 2nd Nov. They will treat it with low dose aspirin and also daily heparin injections to thin my blood. I also pushed for progesterone but the doctor/consultant isnt very keen on it and dosent agree that it works. Anyway in teh end he agreed to prescribe it if I wish only after I think about the risks. He said that it can masculinise a female feotus which I hadnt heard of. Anyway Im def. wanting to try that aswell to give myself the best chance possible.
I presented him with lots of reasons why I think my progesterone is low:
short luteal phase/all signs of oestrogen dominance such as PMS, heavy periods etc. Also whilst pregnant I had non stop bleeding which wasnt coming from my pregnant womb but appeared to have been my other 2nd womb trying to carry on as normal and have a period..so surely if my porgesterone was high enough this woouldnt have happened. Im a bit different in that the fact I have a double womb!
That sounds really hopeful that you are going to see dr. Shehata who treated that girl with the 18 miscarriages. I have my fingers crossed so tight for you. Good luck x

Tomorrow I am going to contact my fs regarding doing the second test on the lupus anticoagulant (or names sticky blood, etc). are you taking the heparin injections now? or are they only when you get pregnant.:shrug:

Thanks 35, good luck reading the thread :)

thus far i got to page 51. will read the rest this evening. wow is all i can say. i felt like i was the only one. I have learned quite a bit thus far.

Hi ladies,

Can I join this amazing thread? I am 32 and I have had 3 mc's in 10 months. The last two reached heartbeat stage then stopped but all have always been behind dates and never past 7-8 weeks. Aside from a protein s deficiency all tests results have come back normal. My DH has low sperm morphology at 3% but they say that his high sperm count makes up for this. Just had an ERPC so waiting to recover from this. I have decided to start aspirin so taking this 75mg/day from 2 days ago. On next BFP I will have 2 x clexane injections + the aspirin and progesterone and lots of praying!! I am counting my mc as a cycle and will ttc when bleeding has stopped. Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->