Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Holly, sorry to hear about the fibroids. From what I've heard if they're small they rarely interfere with TTC and pregnancy. Since yours just popped up hopefully they're small and will be unremarkable. Sorry to hear the news, hun. Hope the doctor has some reassuring words for you.

Sorry ladies for not updating. Just been trying (unsuccessfully) to not think about this.
I had a totally normal AF, but I'm still testing positive w/ today's test looking darker.
This happened with my last one as well. I just hope it doesn't result in the same pain as it did before. That was terrible.

I don't ovulate on my own so I guess no, I don't get pregnant easily. Also my body seems to require A LOT of meds to actually develop eggs. This last time, I started off on 175u of follistim but was upped to 200u and only produced 1, maybe 2 mature follicles.
Nothing wrong with DH so we just do timed intercourse and that seems to work. It's just actually getting something to stick.

I've had thyroid autoimmune testing done (came back normal, but I do have hypothyroidism that I was already taking something for, and it's under control).
I've had an HSG done, all clear. As I said, DH is totally normal. Normal SA.
After my 3rd m/c we had chromosomal testing done on both of us, and that came back normal.
My RE doesn't really think blood clotting issues have any kind of impact on anything, but after this 4th m/c, I guess he figures it won't hurt to test that.
I wish I knew what was wrong.
I have a strong feeling that maybe my progesterone isn't high enough. I have a short 10-11 day LP and I think my body stops producing progesterone too soon and the amount I'm taking w/ the suppositories isn't enough to sustain a pregnancy.
When we're able to try again, I'll be requesting a much higher dose.... whenever that is.

I'm so sorry Lisa. I know how hard it can be. I can recommend Crinone 8% progesterone suppositories, they are supposed to be top of the line.

Oh 9babies :hugs: that must be so scary. Is there anything you are going to do differently this time?

Progesterone not really different but maybe some Chinese medicine for preventing miscarriages. My friend knows a good doctor for it

9babies, I don't in any way want to come across as offensive as you hinted previously at not believing in some western medicine; I am just wondering whether you might consider giving aspirin and heparin a try? Or is that pushing your beliefs too far?

I can not be on either as they make my lupus flares worse. I would be willing to try them if it actually helped me keep the baby but alas I can't . Most of the time I only use herbal bc of my beliefs about what is healthy and what is not unless medically necessary critically I don't take anything chemical.

Thanks for entertaining my curiosity. I didn't know aspirin/heparin had an effect on lupus. I just know that it is recommended for lupus anticoagulant. Really, they should come up with separate names for the two problems as it is really confusing lol!

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of overprescribing and a bit in awe of steroids, but I'm desperate now and that's why I am taking them.

Can you have acupuncture along with your Chinese medicine? I wonder whether it could help calm your system down...?

I don't know if you can get acupuncture when you are pregnant but my friend Lori swears by it for helping pregnancies and recommends this one doctor. So it is worth a try. Lupus anticoagulant and lupus autoimmune are very different for some reasons certain meds exacerbate my flares don't know why exactly. : /

I believe you can have acupuncture whilst pregnant although I don't know whether you can try it for the first time iygwim :shrug:

Well it sounds like next time I get a bfp will be on steroids as well, so am reading up on the "unscientific thread"! New doc is a fan of using empiric therapy so will get the works, maybe even heparin tho I have to have a uterine vein doppler study done first to see if it's really necessary, anybody had one of those?? We both had blood taken for the kariotype (spelling?) as well. Have to wait til november for doppler so no ttc for a bit, will cheer on you all!

Never had a uterine vein doppler done, as far as I know. What are they looking for in terms of needing heparin or not? Clotting/lupus tests would be the more normal diagnostic methods.

wow 9babies - congrats - do you get bfp's naturally? i really hope this one stays on for you.

mon - love your avatar too!

bella - i'm glad to hear you are trying steroids next time, did he say to start at bfp or earlier? a girl on another forum had an u/s done with a special machine to check blood flow to uterus and it determined that she needs to take more lovenox next time she gets bfp.

About the doppler question, it is a "newer" test being done to determine, along with labs, how much blood thinner to use. My labs were fine. I read some research articles on it, and they say that almost all rpl's regardless of blood tests, had a reduction in blood flow to the uterus, so it sounds promising!
He hasn't said yet about when I'll start anything, wants these tests back first then we'll discuss all that! I'm gonna ask about something to help me conceive faster too, at my age I don't have time to waste! It took me 9 months each for my last 2 and 14 months for the first, arghhhhhh!

Thanks, Bella, I hadn't heard about that (and I consider myself pretty clued up on the whole anticoagulation topic). You've given me more food for research :D

Hi all..
Posting here for my sis. She had 3 mc, the last 2 were both at 11.5 weeks. She has had tests etc, and the only thing they found is that she is rhesus neg and didnt have a shot after her 2nd mc (when she had to have a d&c).

Has anyone had any experience of this? Cos the advice has been mixed. Her gp told her that without the shot, she wouldnt get past 1st tri, but she saw a consultant and he said it was nothing to do with it.

Also, I think she may be pg again. I am so scared for her. She wont say anything to anyone yet, but all the signs are there. I go to bed every night praying for her.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->