Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Sara I go to a lady that helps couples learn the creighton model...which is a form of natural family planning. A doc is over and he goes over all our charts and such, she has been doing this for over 30years so is very familiar with our bodies and what they should do...she agrees that the short cycle can be a issue with my lining not getting thick enough to sustain a pregnancy and the way I feel the pregnancy leave my body is a sign of my progestrone level not maintaining as it should. It takes a few months of charting my cm and cycles for her to know for sure....this is not a quick fix method. however I feel as though it will help with my issues. I am also seeing a obgyn that is doing bloodwork to help as well. I don't know if this makes any sense at all..LOL

Kat where are you in your cycle hun?

Im at CD 29. I could test, I probably should, right? Idk...

My cycles are never regular. Sometimes 4,6,8 weeks apart. Light, heavy, everything in between. Its confusing.

Hi Every 1, Just wanting some advise, this is my 3rd miscarriage (recurrent) but went for 12 week scan and it died at 8 weeks. I was hospitalised as too much bleeding and cervix was only partly open. They offered a d&c the next day but i opted for tablets to help bring on a managed miscarriage (abortion tablets) since then my cervix seems swollen and very close to the opening. Does any1 know if this is normal and is it dilating. I have no idea it just feels like there is a large tampax inside or something. Any advise on this would be great as I'm scared to be upright or go to the loo. The last 2 miscarriages were so much easier.

Thanks
Sarah

Hi Sarah, sorry for what's happening to you. Have never had the managed miscarriage, but if you are at all worried, the health services are usually really helpful - the unit that prescribed the tablets in the day and out of hours GP services at night, or NHS Direct.

I opted for a natural m/c in a similar situation and was worried I was bleeding too much -the people I spoke to / saw were all really helpful (though sadly ended up having to have a D&C in addition to the natural m/c).

Sandi-that does make sense. I have a feeling that's what's going on with me. I have never ever had heavy AF's. When I got preg with DD, my cycles were pretty light and never longer than 2-3 days so I'm not sure if that's really the entire cause or just part of my problem.

Sarah - I had the tablets for medical management and had a d and c aswell, also mmc. I know the tablet given made my cervix widen quick and it was really sore. If you dont feel right go to gp and they can have a look.

Sandi - very interested in your posts, i too have short light af's and have had 3 mmc. Consultant is putting me on progesterone next time

Afternoon ladies.

Sarah I am so sorry for your losses. I have no experience with your situation...the mc I had before these last 3 was before my son was born, I was 5 months but the baby had stopped devolping at 12 weeks, I opted for the d&c and was put out for it so I have no memory of it at all. I would really call your GP and get some advice there good luck.

I have no cm so far at all this month!! I have no clue what is going on...but I am NTNP so I guess it really doesn't matter but geez this TTC is getting hard to figure out. I am so ready for my next doc appt and see what my results are as well. Hope everyone is doing ok..

Kat did you test huni?

Sandi-
Yes and bfn. :(....idk what's going on. I am excitef about my doc appt on monday though! Hopefully get some answers and tests done.
How r things with all u laides?! Any updates?

I DTD with DH last night, not thinking about my cycle. This morning I counted out my days and I should be O-ing very soon which makes me a nervous wreck. I don't want to get preg right now, I want to be fixed first :winkwink:

Kat so sorry about the BFN. Hope your doc appt monday brings some answers or at least somethinbg proactive in the right direction. :)

Arein I know what you mean...we dtd sunday I haven't been keeping track this month either and started getting O pains later that day I usually O between cd 12-16 but I am just gonna try to relax the rest of this cycle and wait out til my doc appt. I am now taking a prenatal vitamin with 81mg of baby asprin and my creighton model coach started me on 500mg of B6. So if I do conceive maybe this concotion will help with a sticky bean.

Good morning ladies :)
I feeling a little sappy this morning but thought id share.
This morning I woke up to my husband rolling over, hugging me tight, and telling me that he loved me.
All this morning now I've been thinking about how absorbed I've been into making a baby, my miscarriages, my pain, that I've neglected him in ways.
How selfish of me. He is a great man, who wants the same joys in life as I, and he is my love.
I loved my babies dearly, but my hubby was my 1st love and still is, and he's here to share it with.
Sorry so sappy, but just wanted to share. I think sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses :)

Good morning ladies :)
I feeling a little sappy this morning but thought id share.
This morning I woke up to my husband rolling over, hugging me tight, and telling me that he loved me.
All this morning now I've been thinking about how absorbed I've been into making a baby, my miscarriages, my pain, that I've neglected him in ways.
How selfish of me. He is a great man, who wants the same joys in life as I, and he is my love.
I loved my babies dearly, but my hubby was my 1st love and still is, and he's here to share it with.
Sorry so sappy, but just wanted to share. I think sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses :)

:hugs: That is so true Kat...I think I have done the same. Guilty...I will take some time for him today as well. Thanks for the reminder.:)

kat-:hugs: Sometimes they get pushed out of the way, don't they? "Hand over the sperm and no one gets hurt!" I know that I've been a baby making robot for months and he's been doing what he can to make sure I get what I want. Anytime I want to try something new his response is "whatever will help". But I am happy to say we've grown closer because of it, we've had to lean on each other through each loss and all of the ups and downs.

Hi Every1

Thanks for your support. Thankfully I passed everything yesterday,the scan confirmed. Back to square 1 now. Hope you are all doing ok xx

Afternoon ladies.

Sarah I am so sorry for your losses. I have no experience with your situation...the mc I had before these last 3 was before my son was born, I was 5 months but the baby had stopped devolping at 12 weeks, I opted for the d&c and was put out for it so I have no memory of it at all. I would really call your GP and get some advice there good luck.

I have no cm so far at all this month!! I have no clue what is going on...but I am NTNP so I guess it really doesn't matter but geez this TTC is getting hard to figure out. I am so ready for my next doc appt and see what my results are as well. Hope everyone is doing ok..

Kat did you test huni?

So true Girls. There's something about struggling together that makes you love eachother even more.
So looks like us girls will be lovin our boys today :)

Sorry for your loss Sarah. These girls here are great for support :). Hope you have an comforting day...

not posted in here for a while however er's an update - i rang the gynae consultant's secretary today to see if the cytogenetic test results are back - they're not :( - she said it can take about 2 months for the test results to come through - it's 7 weeks Thursday coming since I lost baby #4 :(

I've got my appointment date to see the endocrinologist - 6th August :( bah - flaming NHS :(

holly-:hugs: there isn't much to say but sorry you're going through this on top of everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->