Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Thats really interesting I have never heard of anyone else having 3 mmc like me, most find out earlier. Its awful isnt it when you find out at the scan. I have been tested for clotting disorders and it came back fine but consultant says even so can form small clots when pg which cause problems. Youve definitely given me hope! xx

Was just wondering how you girls were doing? I am waiting anxiously for my doc appt friday...

hi everyone,

I've finally been given an appointment for the RCM clinic at my local hospital - 27th of September - am a bit bummed that it's so far away but the consultant is away in August and there's only 1-2 clinics a month.

I was told that if I did get pregnant before then to phone them and the consultant usually prescribes progesterone suppositories and 75mg of aspirin. Has that combination worked for anyone here or would something like fragmin / clexane / heparin work better? Does the progesterone actually do anything, or would it just prolong the inevitable?

Sorry for all the questions am just trying to work it all x

hi everyone,

I've finally been given an appointment for the RCM clinic at my local hospital - 27th of September - am a bit bummed that it's so far away but the consultant is away in August and there's only 1-2 clinics a month.

I was told that if I did get pregnant before then to phone them and the consultant usually prescribes progesterone suppositories and 75mg of aspirin. Has that combination worked for anyone here or would something like fragmin / clexane / heparin work better? Does the progesterone actually do anything, or would it just prolong the inevitable?

I hear the prgestrone helps and my sister in law took it with both her pregnancies and my niece is now 11 and nephew 7. I am already on the 75mg of asprin but waiting to see the doc again friday for my test results.

I can't answer your questions about the fragmin/clexane/heparin...but I am sure the other ladies can. Good luck huni.

I don't want to bring a downer on your question but I thought I would answer as I'm sure you want to know experiences.

I was prescribed 400mg Cycolgest (progesterone) twice daily & 75mg aspirin daily on my last pg (pg#3). At 7 weeks all was well on the scan and I continued feeling totally pregnant until the next scan at 10 weeks - this scan showed the baby hadn't grown at all since the last scan and had no heartbeat. I personally feel that the progesterone kept me feeling pregnant however I don't think it prolonged things as my first pg continued for 4 weeks after the baby had died and my second pg continued for 5 weeks after the baby had died :growlmad: and I wasn't on any medication on those two.

However, it is possible my miscarriages may have been caused by a subclinical underactive thyroid (subclinical meaning Thyroid Stimulating Hormone is very high however T3 & T4 levels are still within "normal range"). I am seeing an Endocrinologist in just over 4 weeks to discuss this further.

My consultant has advised a list of drugs he's going to put me on the next time I get pg which once again includes aspirin & progesterone but also steroids (prednisolone), hcg injections twice weekly and Clexane injections daily :wacko:

Sorry you have to wait so long to go to RCM clinic :hugs:

Rabbitt-Many women who can't keep a pregnancy have good luck with progesterone but it needs to be determined if you have a deficiency first. If that isnt' the problem, progesterone won't do anything to help. My appointment is in 3 weeks from tomorrow but it was made at the end of May...I've been waiting awhile too!

Thank you all for answering me, so I guess it depends on why i'm miscarrying as to if it will work or not. I was just a bit surprised that they would put me on a regimen without doing any tests (if i got preg before my appt) but maybe they just like to try stuff in the hope that it might work.

It is a long time to wait, I got referred after my second miscarriage which was mid april so will be over 5 months when I go but I guess it's ok.

Reedsgirl - good luck with your appt on Friday I hope it all goes well.

Thank you all for answering me, so I guess it depends on why i'm miscarrying as to if it will work or not. I was just a bit surprised that they would put me on a regimen without doing any tests (if i got preg before my appt) but maybe they just like to try stuff in the hope that it might work.

It seems to be the standard thing RC, my doc put me straight on the two after my third without any testing having been done. I have to say that both did nothing to help as you know had a fourth, and think that the progesterone stopped me from mc naturally as baby had died around the same time frame as the others. Clexane seems to be doing it, but who really knows as Im in the unexplained category, maybe 5th time would have worked no matter what iykwim?? Im have to say I am worried that I will get to the ten week scan and have the same thing happen as last time all because the progesterone wont let me mc.

Thanks WannaB - just good to hear experiences good / bad really. I often wonder if they do stuff without testing how they will know if the successful outcome is due to the drugs or would have been ok anyway?

Am glad that the clexane is working for you, I find it very heartening tto read that ladies that have had RMC go on to have babies, makes me feel there might be hope.

Fx'd for your scan I hope all goes brilliant for you x x x

After DH and I had been trying for a year, my OBGYN told me I had PCOS and put me on a bunch of meds without doing much testing at all. I got preg on the meds and then started bleeding at 5 weeks. I had an ultrasound then that showed one cyst on each ovary...NOT PCOS. That was the start of my first mc, I carried for 5 more weeks. So yeah, I think docs do sometimes just throw things at you and hope it helps.

Hello to all who know me here and those who don't - it's been a while! been waiting for test results. Was told to take aspirin as had shown that have clotting issues - who thinks I should be sceptical? Trying to be hopeful but just not convinced. Am completely organic (even deodorant) so hoping it all help. I don't know we hear so many different ideas don't we - do they really know????

If your tests have come back showing you have a clotting issue then that would be the main culprit! Even the tinest of clots will cause a mc, hopefully aspirin will do the trick for you hun!:hugs:

Hello to all who know me here and those who don't - it's been a while! been waiting for test results. Was told to take aspirin as had shown that have clotting issues - who thinks I should be sceptical? Trying to be hopeful but just not convinced. Am completely organic (even deodorant) so hoping it all help. I don't know we hear so many different ideas don't we - do they really know????

I have a clotting issue actually as well they found that I have a high platelet count and my blood was mild to mid reactive. This is why I had all my MC's etc. Hopefully the aspirin works for you hun :hugs:

hi ladies well i didnt think ill be back here in a hurry i had 2 mmc in 2008 one feb one sept and since then for the last 2 years i have not been able to fall 2 days before fertility appointment i find out i am pregnat but tonight at 5wk 4 day i am spotting so i no i am heading for the mmc yet again life is so cruel and at this time in my life i HATE GOD he takes my dad from me in november now my baby whats his problem i hate life and every thing at the mo its so unfair and heart breaking sorry for the rant just waited all this time and and this happens not had blood just brown spotting but i no my body and this is how it started las time xxxx

Evening ladies. Well I have had my follow up appt from all my blood work and the new doc had advised that there is nothing he can do for me. He said all my results are good and to save me time and money he has referred me to a FS. My appt is Sept.1. He did say he was concerned about egg quality for me as all my mc have been so early on and he said that tended to trend toward a chromosome disorder. SO I am back to square one. But I am pulling all the stops out this month. I am temping, using opk, and the creighton model. I am also taking a prenatal, floic acid, 81mg of baby asprin and 500mg of B6.

Kelly I am so sorry your spotting huni. Hang in there if its brown its old blood have you called the doc or er?

Reading through, I am so sorry to hear about everyone's losses. I know how hard it is and how emotionally tolling it becomes. I pray that we all soon get our sticky beans & have beautiful-healthy babies. Sending warm hugs to all.

Hi ladies. I finally got a copy of my labwork from the recurrent mc doctor and I have been reading and researching for the past hour. I have Homozygous
C667T gene mutation with high homocysteine levels, high protein
c-functional and high protein s- free.
Back in March when these tests were taken, the doc put me on Neevo which is supposed to help regulate my homocysteine levels. Well, after a few months of reading about these high levels, I asked my doc if I should be taking baby aspirin and she told me- "why not, it can't hurt"! So tonight when I saw the actual names of what my problems are, I looked it up. I am so livid they didn't put me on baby aspirin back in March!! This type of gene mutation causes heart attacks, strokes, and BLOOD CLOTS. WTH would you not put me on aspirin for MY health, much less the health of my future babies????
I also read lots of stories about women who have this mutation that have gone on to have healthy pregnancies, but they were taking heparin injections from the beginning. I guess I am going to have to be the doctor in this situation and TELL THEM WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry- I just needed to vent I guess. Does anyone else happen to have this mutation?

Evening ladies. Well I have had my follow up appt from all my blood work and the new doc had advised that there is nothing he can do for me. He said all my results are good and to save me time and money he has referred me to a FS. My appt is Sept.1. He did say he was concerned about egg quality for me as all my mc have been so early on and he said that tended to trend toward a chromosome disorder. SO I am back to square one. But I am pulling all the stops out this month. I am temping, using opk, and the creighton model. I am also taking a prenatal, floic acid, 81mg of baby asprin and 500mg of B6.

Kelly I am so sorry your spotting huni. Hang in there if its brown its old blood have you called the doc or er?

going doctors at 11.30 but ill no what he will say :cry:

Hi,

Kelly - Hope all goes ok at the Drs. I'm so sorry for your losses and i kinda know how you feel all my mc's started with brown spotting so for me, I know it's not a good sign, but I hope this time things work out.

Reedsgirl - I hope it all works this month, i guess it's good they've not found anything specific wrong but frustrating all the same. Wishing you lots of luck x

Amos - I don't know anything about that mutuation but I hope someone can help you out. Given the affects on clotting I'd get your Dr to give you some form of heparin - worth a try. So annoying when they don't look at the wider implications of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->