Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Sandi-It probably thought you o'd because you had six below your cover line and more than three above. If it weren't for that one spike just before your crosshairs, it would look biphasic.

I had a chemical pregnancy in Feb of this year and found out I was pregnant on the 27th of June. I started spotting a week later and had an ultrasound which showed the gestational sac. I did two blood tests to check the hCG levels that were above 10,000 the second test. I did another u/s yesterday which showed that I had a blighted ovum (empty gestational sac) and a very large subchorionic hematoma. I am being scheduled today for a D&C and am very nervous. I almost don't want to TTC any more because this has been so emotionally and physically exhausting. I cried all night last night. I don't want to keep trying and continue to go through this.
Any advice or thoughts?

Nicole

Hi Babywish. I'm so sorry for you losses. Life can be so very unfair (most on this thread will agree with that I'm sure). The only advice I can offer is to take some time to get over it with your OH. I find the actual miscarriage heartbreaking, but the worst bit for me is all the "wasted" time whilst waiting for my cycle to return to normal. Just try to support each other and try again when you're ready. You'll be in my thoughts.

Oh babywish, it's so hard I know. I would agree - take time recuperate and you may find you feel stronger further down the line. Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Babywish- keep trying girl! The one thing that keeps me going (besides the wonderful gals here :)), is remembering how happy and excited I was when I saw 2 blue lines. Finding out your expecting is such a wonderful feeling, I wish I could feel that all day long! :)....keep trying girl, when things get rough come on here. We all know how you feel, and just imagine how much more you'll appreciate your lil one when your dream comes true! Keep strong :)

Babywish Kat said it perfectly...Good luck huni.

Okat arein I am not sure what biphasic means...:dohh:

Reedsgirl-Idk either! I could google it. How come they have to haver confusing words for everything!?!
Oh, I don't know if I answered the no insurance thing, but my husband is in a union, and they said he didn't have enough hours so we lost our insurance til october. And now, they are on strike! Its scary!!! He still wants to try for a baby, but I don't. What if we do get pg and have another mc! That's too much to think about, especialy with out insurance.
Ugh, today I kept thinking about how my due date is (was) in 6 days. How sad, fast, and crazy has this time been :(.
Hope all u beauties are well tonight :)

Hey Kat that is scary. I will be praying for you and all will happen at the right time I truly believe in that. I know all these big words and I am just a girl ttc!! LOL hope everyone is having a blessed night

Hi girls, so my 7th miscarriage (8th loss as my little girl was born sleeping) started this morning, I knew it was coming as my HCG was dropping but it still is killing me. I had a miscarriage at the beginning of June too, but this time I let myself believe it was our turn to have my sticky bean, I was on progesterone pessaries, my HCG was going up at the right rate at the right time, then a scan showed early pregnancy, and then two days later another scan (because I needed to start heparin) showed it was in fact a cavity and I infact had a pregnancy in an unknown location, then found out it was a miscarriage. I just feel like there is nothing left to try and that every pregnancy is going to end this way now.

Hi girls, so my 7th miscarriage (8th loss as my little girl was born sleeping) started this morning, I knew it was coming as my HCG was dropping but it still is killing me. I had a miscarriage at the beginning of June too, but this time I let myself believe it was our turn to have my sticky bean, I was on progesterone pessaries, my HCG was going up at the right rate at the right time, then a scan showed early pregnancy, and then two days later another scan (because I needed to start heparin) showed it was in fact a cavity and I infact had a pregnancy in an unknown location, then found out it was a miscarriage. I just feel like there is nothing left to try and that every pregnancy is going to end this way now.

:hugs:

So sorry Tasha......have they done all the RCM tests on you?

XX

Not really sure MRSJD, I have had blood tests but nothing else, he just decided it was a problem with my cervix/womb lining because of all the miscarriages and the fact my waters went at 28 weeks with my little girl who was born sleeping, so the plan was progesterone pessaries, heparin, baby aspirin and a vaginal stitch.

Beautiful avatar x

Not really sure MRSJD, I have had blood tests but nothing else, he just decided it was a problem with my cervix/womb lining because of all the miscarriages and the fact my waters went at 28 weeks with my little girl who was born sleeping, so the plan was progesterone pessaries, heparin, baby aspirin and a vaginal stitch.

Beautiful avatar x

Well this is my miricle baby....still can't believe she's here but it was with me pushing them and changing gyne. Also, I had uterine Natural Killer Cells....there is a trial at the moment going on in Liverpool. There has been alot about this in the press recently as one woman on gmtv had 18 losses. I too was on herapin, aspirn with my little Diva along with Steriods for the killer cells.

I'm so sorry for all your losses but please push for further testing ie. killer cell trial

XXXXXXX

Tasha - I'm really sorry about your latest loss. I would look at the list of tests that I had on page one or two of this thread and make sure that this has been checked over. MrsJD and others on here have successfully had babies after being treated for NKC so try to look into this.

Thinking of all the angel mummies on here xxx :hugs:

Babywish Kat said it perfectly...Good luck huni.

Okat arein I am not sure what biphasic means...:dohh:

Biphasic means that you have a temperature shift after ovulation. Biphasic is two phases, a phase of low temps and a phase of high temps. Women who are annovulatory do not have a definite shift, just erratic up and down temps. If you look at a good chart, you will see low temps-below the cover line-then at O, high temps-above the coverline.

Hi ladies. After a number of tests that have come back clear, i've now been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic at the john radcliffe hospital in oxford. I wondered if anyone has been to this clinic before and could advise me as to what i should expect or what to ask them for.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi ladies. After a number of tests that have come back clear, i've now been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic at the john radcliffe hospital in oxford. I wondered if anyone has been to this clinic before and could advise me as to what i should expect or what to ask them for.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hey honey, sorry for your losses.

My tests came back clear too, which was soul destroying as no answer is so frustrating however, I went on the Natural Killer Cell trial in Liverpool and that's what was causing my RCM's (I had 5 at this point).

Never give up hope, I now have a beautiful daughter thanks to the steriod treatment :hugs:

XX

Just a quick aside I believe that they also run a NKC trial in Epsom with Dr Shehata, that might be a bit closer if the JR is your local hospital. I'm banking on being referred to Epsom if it comes back that NKC could be my problem.

:hugs: all round, I really wish that noone had to visit this thread.

MrsJD and Widger- I can't tell you what it means to me to see your two little ones in your avatars. Absolutely beautiful little miracle babies. I am so happy for you both :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->