Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Good luck lightweight - would you let us know if there are any side effects as I'll be on the same stuff when I get pregnant next time.

Consultant asked me how I was, I said generally eurggh - and wans't sure if it was the drugs or pregnancy - he said it was the pregnancy and that it was good sign :)

It is diffcult to tell what is down to drugs only or pregnancy only or a combination of both!

Hi ladies!
So, AF joined me today. Is it weird that I get excited about her arrival?! This has been the 1st time in a while that I had a "normal" cycle range. My last AF (if u can call it that, spotting for 3 days) was 7/15-7/18.
The only thing im bummed about is my appt isn't until Sept.2nd, and that would be too late to start 1st round of clomid :(. If I do get prescrip, then I would take it at the end of sept. Seems like I get preg every year around same time! Aug-Oct are my months!
Any who, anyone else taking clomid? Or going to start?

Hi ladies. Reedsgirl, I was wondering about your results. I’m so happy to hear everything is going well. Did you see the doctor today? How did it go?

Lightweight, your name doesn’t match the meds you have to take! I hope you are doing ok!

Poisonwood, I just had my 3rd mc in July. I’m so sorry we all have to be here. I’m waiting for AF so I can start trying again. How was it to take a break?

Rabbitt, I struggle too with the idea that I should be a mommy. I should have a one year old from my first mc. I should be delivering a baby any day now with my second mc. I should be due to have another baby in March. But I won’t have any of those babies. It’s a hard reality to face. It’s so hard to stay hopeful sometimes.

Kat, congrats on AF!! When was your last mc? I’m a little envious of your AF LOL! I thought I started today, but then she didn’t show after all. I’ve been thinking about Clomid, but am not sure. Do you normally have irregular cycles? Why do you want to start it? I ovulate pretty late days 22 – 28. I though Clomid might help me to ovulate earlier. I hate ovulating so late because it means less opportunities in a year to get pregnant.

I saw my doctor today and she told me my 3 mcs have been “bad luck.” None of my tests have shown anything wrong. She is convinced I will have a baby. It is hard to believe to be honest. I really can’t envision it. I’m about to spend a weekend with two couples and their babies. I’m definitely going to feel like the odd man out….again…sigh…

Hearttree- My last mc was Decemeber of 09. I had a D&C December 30, 2009. My cycle has always been irregular, even as a teen. I actually took clomid with my 2nd pregnancy (my 1st mc was in 08). I conceived with my 1st round of clomid, and I was shocked. So, due to insurance problems, I am now just going to the doc Sept 2nd to have better closure with my last mc and to hopefully come up with a game plan for pregnancy #3. I've charted my cycles for the last 2 years and I get af every 4 weeks-8weeks, never the same. Sometimes I ovulate, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I spot in between, funky stuff happin here!

Just wanted to let you know my appt went well. He did a quick external scan and we seen 1 sac and a fuzzy little bean. No hb yet but I am praying its just early. He did order another set of quantive with my other blood work today. I said I am not going to call but I am sure I will. I am still praying all is well and this little one continues to grow.

Heart tree I hate when the drs say its just bad luck. That is what my last dr said. I went and got a second opionion...he did some blood test all came back good so he had referred me to a fs. He doesn't believe that mcs are bad luck. Good luck huni

Heart Tree, sorry about your Drs appt - I think this is what I'll be told after i've had my tests, I have this feeling... on a positive note it does mean that you should get your baby, one time it has to be your turn.

I hope this weekend goes as well as it can, I can only imagine how hard it will be, I know that I would struggle.

Oh and I also ov late, cd22 - so having less chances a year deffo sucks :hugs:

Reedsgirl - glad your appt went well - am thinking of you and hope you see a hb soon. x

Kat - yay for AF ;D does seem weird writing that, sorry about your appt being too late to take the clomid, would be better if they could schedule appts round your cycles wouldn't it? x

Reedsgirl! :)! Hopw exciting! Keeping all I have crossed for you and your dream come true !!!!

Heart- I also am surrounded by friends and family (literally all of my friends, and both sis and now sis in laws) who had babies this past year or who are preg. Its hard, and almost a kick to ur ego! Hang in girl. Just think, 1 day it will be them fussing all over ur miracle :)!
Rabbit-that would make sense but I never know when im going to get af! And this may be a stupid ? But if u ovulate late such as urself, it makes it less likely to conceive? I know having really long cycles aren't good, but do u ovulate still?

Hey Kat, I don't think ovulation late makes you less likely to conceive, technically I've conceived 3 times out of 9 cycles, which aren't bad odds. I think it just means that if your cycles are 5 weeks, like mine you have about 10 cycles per year rather than 13 cycles a year if you have 28 day cycles. that was why I said, less chance.

I've not read anything that says late ovulation is negative, and my mother was the same and she had 4 children :D

I got it now! That makes sense, didn't think of it that way. :)

Kat, I hope you get your game plan. Like Rabbitt said, ovulating late, doesn't mean you are less likely to conceive, you just have less opportunities to. I got pregnant on CD28, CD22 and CD 26. Obviously none of them were full term, but from all the doctors I've asked, it had nothing to do with when I ovulated. One of the women I'm hanging out with this weekend got pregnant on CD40 after having very irregular cycles and she has the most beautiful baby boy.

Reedsgirl, I have everything crossed for you. If he only did a quick external scan, there is a great chance that he missed the heartbeat. Even though my doctor keeps saying it is bad luck, she did refer me to a FS as well. Hopefully they'll find something, but as we all know 50% of recurrent mcs aren't ever diagnosed. Blah.

Well, my silver lining today is that AF started. Today is exactly 5 weeks from my last mc. It's the soonest I've ever gotten AF after a mc, so for some reason that makes me hopeful. It makes me feel like my body is healing more quickly this time. Maybe it will make my cycles shorter! Now I can schedule my HSG and get that out of the way so we can start ttc again.

I'm so happy I found you all. I have to say, it is more of a comfort talking to women who have been through this more than once. While I'm sad we're all here, I'm glad that we have our own special place to connect. This journey is different for us than it is after even one loss. I realize that now that I'm here. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Kat, I hope you get your game plan. Like Rabbitt said, ovulating late, doesn't mean you are less likely to conceive, you just have less opportunities to. I got pregnant on CD28, CD22 and CD 26. Obviously none of them were full term, but from all the doctors I've asked, it had nothing to do with when I ovulated. One of the women I'm hanging out with this weekend got pregnant on CD40 after having very irregular cycles and she has the most beautiful baby boy.

Reedsgirl, I have everything crossed for you. If he only did a quick external scan, there is a great chance that he missed the heartbeat. Even though my doctor keeps saying it is bad luck, she did refer me to a FS as well. Hopefully they'll find something, but as we all know 50% of recurrent mcs aren't ever diagnosed. Blah.

Well, my silver lining today is that AF started. Today is exactly 5 weeks from my last mc. It's the soonest I've ever gotten AF after a mc, so for some reason that makes me hopeful. It makes me feel like my body is healing more quickly this time. Maybe it will make my cycles shorter! Now I can schedule my HSG and get that out of the way so we can start ttc again.

I'm so happy I found you all. I have to say, it is more of a comfort talking to women who have been through this more than once. While I'm sad we're all here, I'm glad that we have our own special place to connect. This journey is different for us than it is after even one loss. I realize that now that I'm here. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Hi Hearty, Just wanted to say I'm sooooo happy AF arrived for you, I know you was wishing she would show! Its the only time we ever want to see her!!!! YAY for scheduling your HSG and woo hoo for getting back to TTC, I cant wait, I'm excited for you.xxx

That's awesome Heart :)! Isn't it goofy we get excited about AF, lol! And I agree about all the women on here and the connection. Much needed, and much appreciated! We all know how heart-wrenching, lonely, and devistating this journey to motherhood is. I don't think people who have expeirenced such loss can understand or relate. <3 to u all today :)!!

Heart tree thanks for your message. It is so frustrating when the dr say is bad luck thats what i was told after results normal though there are a couple of people on here in the same position as us a year or so ago and now have baby (like widger). what is FS?I have a consultant gynaecologist at the hospital should this be enough?I am glad I had a little break ttc after mc, has been 3 months and even next few months am not going to be serious about ovulation charting etc just am going to see what happens. It was good to have a couple of months without disappointment of 2 ww and AF and i feel my body (and head!) is a bit more settled after a bit of a break. I have the same with people becoming pg at the drop of a hat all around me but have made a big effort not to think negatively and try to be happy for them or would spend the wholetime being depressed! All the best for you next time, keep us posted :hugs: xx

I just logged on today as feeling a little nostalgic about this time last year and wanted to share my experience. As the original poster of this thread, I hope you don't mind.

This time last year I was at an all time low! My last miscarriage was Jan 2009 and I had my tests back that said it was just 'bad luck' - everything was as it should be - no reason for why it wasn't happening for me. Gutted that there wasn't any reason but thankful nothing wrong. Such a weird situation so I kept trying and trying, as you do. Every month a disappointing bfn. I was, of course, devastated but at the same time hopeful that as it was taking a little longer than usual to be pregnant that it might actually stick next time round.

I was particularly low last August as my body played nasty tricks on me. I started spotting around my period and although was getting bfn, my period was late and wasn't properly starting. I was so hopeful that my bfp would appear yet it didn't. Just my period. I was gutted, sick, distraught.... but I did what I did every month.... picked myself up and tried again.

I then managed to conceive my little boy at the end of August last year (without realising obviously). In September I thought my body playing tricks agian as spotting and period late. Kept trying sticks.... all bfn... but after a few more days and 16dpo I got my bfp. The first trimester was the scariest time ever. I spotted and bled the whole way through it and yet my little baby hung on in there. Every single scan I had I though it was going to be bad news but it wasn't. I couldn't actually believe it.

Now here I am with a 11 week old baby. To say I feel lucky is an understatement. I know exactly what it is like to feel as you do so I just want to give you girls all hope as for me I didn't think there was any.

I often think of you all and I just know that some of you will be doing the same as me next year and telling everyone about your wonderful news.

:hugs: and :dust: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Widger thank you for your post. I am again in limbo land. I have finally gotten pregnant after 3 unexplained mcs. I am now maybe facing a molar pregnancy. My numbers accrding to my dr are really high. At 10dpo they were 30 at 13dpo 222 at 20dpo 4165 and at 27dpo 27125.40. They did a quick ultrasound yesterday and we seen a large sac and a fuzzy bean but no hb. I seen nothing that looked like what I have read on line. So I am praying hard that this is just a twin pregnancy and the other bean was hiding. Pray for me ladies. I am again scared to death.

Widger you always have a way of popping in when it's needed more than ever :hugs:

Reedsgirl- I pray that you do have two little bundles of joy in there. When will you go back to the doctor? :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I get my ultrasound on tuesday. I am hoping that there is two or just one really heathly one is fine too. Amos how are you?

I'm ok...just trying to get through this week. I start a new job Wednesday so I am super nervous about that!
I know it will do no good to say not to worry, so I will just tell you that you will be in my prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->