Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Just reading the old old part of this thread, and it is giving me some hope that the people who were going through what we are now, now have cute little babies as thier pics. There is hope.
The only thing that concerns me is they were given testing, and pregancy care plan for when they did get pregnant. Because I am 22, apart from the simple blood clotting tests, i seem to be getting passed off, really wish I lived in the states, cos i work, i pay taxes and NI and bcos im 22 (23 tomorrow) i get passed off, plenty of time to keep trying. But 3 1/2 years we have been trying, 2 mc's later we are no further on to are little baby. This country gets to me.

But like I say mpepe - there is hope. few women on here just over a year later now have babies, maybe that will be us :)

xxx

I have to believe it will be us. Where do you live? I live in Canada and am 35 and still cannot get testing until a 3rd! I don't have alot of time left and i'm still getting passed off.:cry:

And try to have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW!

are you going to try aspirin?

I want to try aspirin but I'm scared. I know my mom takes it to prevent health and heart problems but I read both good and bad about it. And wouldn't know when to stop it. Are you going to try it?

well wen i go to the docs to get my blood tests results for clotting i am going to discuss it with her. But when I mentioned it to her last time, she wasnt so against the idea. I think I will prolly end up trying it with her say so, bcos my miscarriages have been 9 and 11 weeks, which i believe is when the placenta forms, and obviously this is when clotting would cause a problem. I will let you know what my doc says. Have you discussed it with your doc at all? If the pro's outweigh the cons, it might be worth a try

Asprin did nothing for me a caused more chemicals than anything!

Baby2loss I know how you feel I am only just turned 25 my doctors hate me i turn up with medical papers I have found of the internet and read them to them about new types of treatment!

My first doctor told me I had bad luck having 7 miscarriages in a ow!

hi everyone, well yesterday i went for my scan to eb told that ive got a b lighted ovum :( i suffered a MMC in february and a chemical in july so im being referred for tests along with my OH, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they are testing us for? they seem to think it may be down to my OH as i have a 5year old son (different father) poor bloke feels incredibly guilty as we had only just found out about the blighted ovum and 10minutes later they were telling him it could be his fault :( anyway just some help would be appreciated as i have no idea what we will be tested for thanks girls xx

mummy2anangel, really sorry for your losses x

Lawa - are they helping you now after 7 miscarriages?

so sorry for your loss mummytoanangel, so hope you get some answers :hugs:

I have had all the tests you will have mummy to angel. They will test you for blood clotting disorders and hormones. They will then test you and your other half to ensure you're genetically compatible.

Personally I have had all of these test I got myself on a new trial that has show I have a high level of natural killer cells which have been attacking embryo. Just got to get the treatment to work now!

Mummy2anangel,
Sorry for your losses!
I don't think you can say anyone is 'at fault' for a miscarriage :hugs:

thank you lawa, did results take long to come back? i know she said she will begin testing 6-8 weeks after my hormone levels have returned to zero after D&C, but havent even scheduled a D&C in yet as having 1 last scan on wednesday just to make sure there isnt a baby (lady said theres 1%chance there will be). really tempting to jsut TTC straightaway but best not just to be on the safe side. i hope the treatment works for you :) x
i know petitpas i thought it was a really insensitive thing to say hes beating himself up about it now before we even know for sure whats wrong :( x

Hi ladies. I've been reading, but not posting recently. I wanted to give you an update regarding my diagnosis of adenomyosis and my FS telling me I might need a surrogate. Well, I went for a second opinion. The new doctor was really wonderful. She consulted with me for 1.5 hours! She made all sorts of faces when I told her what the last doctor said. She said adenomyosis is very hard to diagnose and she wasn't 100% convinced that I had it. She did an ultrasound and saw some issues with my uterus. She said she couldn't completely rule it out either. Unfortunately, the hospital that I had my MRI done at didn't send over the MRI pictures for her to look at, so she was just basing it on the ultrasound she was doing.

She counted my follicles and saw 15. She said for my age (36) it was above average. But, she said I was no where near close to ovulating and I'm on CD 19 right now. I pretty much knew this already, but it sucked to hear. I thought I was getting close because my OPK's were almost positive yesterday and today. The good news is she said I'm no where close to menopause. This is great news as all the women on my mother's side went through it at 39 and 40. As I just turned 36, I was feeling anxious about that.

She said she thinks there is a good chance I'll carry a baby to term, but it is going to be a numbers game for me, like rolling the dice. She offered 2 options. One was to try Clomid or Letrozole to bring ovulation forward. She does think that my late Ov could be a reason for my mcs. The second was to go on Lupron for 4 months to induce menopause. This in turn "shuts off" all of the hormone production and can "shut off" the hormones that are activating the adenomyosis. The theory is that once you go off Lupron and then try to get pregnant, the adeno isn't as active and pregnancy can be achieved.

Most women do the Lupron route because they are infertile from adeno and/or endometriosis. Obviously that isn't my issue. So, I decided to go for the letrozole. She advised that we shouldn't ttc this cycle just in case. Once I get my period, I'm going on letrozole for 5 days in hopes that I will Ov on CD14 or so.

She said IF I miscarry again, she wants genetic tests done. If the tissue has no genetic issues then chances are the adeno (or whatever is in my uterine wall) is causing the mc. At that point we might have to consider a surrogate. If there are genetic abnormalities, then we keep trying naturally, since this is one of the most common reasons for mc, especially as we age. If I have trouble conceiving, then we'll probably look at IVF. Tim asked her how much IVF was. He had it in his head that it was $35,000. When she told him it was $12,00 he was pleasantly surprised oddly enough!

She said if we are willing to take a risk of another mc, then she really thinks we will be successful at some point. She was looking at it statistically and she stressed that it really was just a numbers game.

One of the last things she said to me was that she was really hopeful about me having a baby. She said the idea of a surrogate wouldn't have even crossed her mind at this point.

So, I'm doing a cautious happy dance. I at least feel like I have a plan. I wish I didn't have to miss this cycle, but I'd rather do that then get pregnant with a late Ov and mc again. Her goal is to get me pregnant in the next 3 - 4 months. I can live with that goal!

good luck heart-tree so glad you have a nice understanding doctor and i hope you get a lovely healthy baby very soon :) xx

That's great Heart Tree, so glad the second opinion is more positive! Hoping the Letrozole does the trick!!!

Hearttree that is great news. I will continue praying...she sounds like a amazing dr.

Great news heart tree! It sounds like your doctor is very reassuring and supportive, that's awesome!

that sounds really encouraging heart tree- got everything crossed for you :hugs:

That sounds like a plan..good luck! :)

I had bloods one on 5th Oct..genetics etc..get the results on the 16th November!! Eek! He said it could just be bad luck that I keep losing the babies..but he'll put me on heparin if I need it, then go from there. If the bloods come back normal, I just have to keep trying and hope I'll eventually carry to term!

Hi Guys,
I see its been some time since these posts were sent but am hopeful someone might be able to advise me. First time on any forums.
I'm 40 and last week had my third miscarriage in two years second MC since march. i am obviously still in bits emotionally, it hit us both hard this time having got to 12 weeks we secretly hoped we had almost cracked it. However I am desperate for any info on how to go about getting all the testing you mentioned.
I am feeling quite despondant as although my GP will make some enquiries for me, both he and the midwife on EPU feel its unlikely that the obstetirician will consider me for testing. As the three MC were not consequetive...I was fortunate to have had a healthy son after the first MC. I feel given my age and the fact i have PCOS that I should be at least considered. Admittedly those without children should be a priority but are each of my MC considered less important or painful because I have been blessed with a child?
I too have asked my GP wether it would be advisable to take baby asprin and increased dose of folic acid in the meantime but he said no. Any advise gratefully received. Am left in limbo feeling useless and such a failure and am really just desperate to have something to aim for/focus on until I'm in a position to try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->