Reflux, Weaning and SMA Staydown

justarascal

Mum of 1 monster
Reaction score
My LO has reflux and is currently drinking SMA Staydown (which has been amazing!). We started weaning about a week ago and he's doing really well.

Just a quick question to any Mummies of little refluxers who also used Staydown, did you keep them on Staydown when solids were established or did you change back to a Stage 1 formula or go on to a follow on (after 6months?).

I know up until 1yr milk is still the main source of nutrition for babies. I also know my LO isn't 6 months yet and I weaned a little early at 5 months (on medical advice).

Im sticking with staydown, its the same price as the 1st milk and i know it works :)

X

our LO is currently 17 weeks. We have been advised to think about weaning because of her reflux and have an appointment with our GP later this week to properly discuss this. We have given her a few tastes of some organic strawberry and banana baby food (she loved it). At the moment we are giving it in addition to her normal formula and medication (she is on carobel, omeprazol and gaviscon). I will post again on thursday after we have seen the doc to let you know what she advises us to do. :)

*bumping this thread*

Alfie has been on staydown since 6 weeks old and we weaned him at 16 weeks. He has just turned 6 months and is still on staydown along with being on 3 meals a day. I am also at the point of deciding on trying to stop the staydown and try SMA follow on ... but part of me is scared to rock the boat. He suffered so bad and is still slightly sick on the staydown but NO WHERE near the way he was on other milks.

Any advice from other ladies would be much appreciated on this. I know staydown can be used til 1 year if needed but I'm also wondering if follow on would be more beneficial nutrients wise as Alfie is now over 6 months?

*bumping this thread*

Alfie has been on staydown since 6 weeks old and we weaned him at 16 weeks. He has just turned 6 months and is still on staydown along with being on 3 meals a day. I am also at the point of deciding on trying to stop the staydown and try SMA follow on ... but part of me is scared to rock the boat. He suffered so bad and is still slightly sick on the staydown but NO WHERE near the way he was on other milks.

Any advice from other ladies would be much appreciated on this. I know staydown can be used til 1 year if needed but I'm also wondering if follow on would be more beneficial nutrients wise as Alfie is now over 6 months?

I'm in the same boat. He's still a little sick with Staydown, but no where near as bad.
I guess the middle ground would be a follow on/stage 1 with carobel? I just don't want to rock the boat like you, but I hate making up Staydown, and it makes days out so difficult trying to keep water fridge cold!

We stuck with Staydown til just after a year.

I started to mix it with follow on at 7.5 months when his milk spitting started to get less. At 11 months he was fully weaned off the AR/Stay down formula. Follow on is a bit thicker than stage 1. xx

Ah, if follow on is thicker then I think I'd probably swap to that (if I decide to swap at all).

*bumping this thread*

I'm in the same boat. He's still a little sick with Staydown, but no where near as bad.
I guess the middle ground would be a follow on/stage 1 with carobel? I just don't want to rock the boat like you, but I hate making up Staydown, and it makes days out so difficult trying to keep water fridge cold!

Yeah we do struggle it would be easier not having to keep the bottles cold. I dont know I might try follow on but then thats 2 weeks before we even know if it works and then settling down again after with staydown if we need to go back on it. and Alfie sleeps through the night now from 7pm-7am and has done since 8 weeks (when we started staydown) so will changing his milk upset sleeping if he can't keep it down? Thing is he is fine with solids he is no more sick that any other baby when taking solids

Amelia is still on staydown, and i tried her on stage 1 a few months ago, and she started the vomiting again.. so back to stay down.. tried her with follow on today, and so far so good.. x

Is follow on as thick as staydown?
X

*bumping this thread*

Yeah we do struggle it would be easier not having to keep the bottles cold. I dont know I might try follow on but then thats 2 weeks before we even know if it works and then settling down again after with staydown if we need to go back on it. and Alfie sleeps through the night now from 7pm-7am and has done since 8 weeks (when we started staydown) so will changing his milk upset sleeping if he can't keep it down? Thing is he is fine with solids he is no more sick that any other baby when taking solids

How many bottles does he have in a day? Just I think my LO would now sleep 7-7 but I dream feed and he's then unsettled for about an hour from 11pm. I just think if I drop the dream feed, 3 bottles a day doesn't seem that much. He is taking 3 meals a day now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->