regathering the august group

I go to my doctor next week to discuss what's happening with the birth etc. There maybe a chance I'll have to be induced again. But they may want to give me a csection because of his ectopic heartbeat. So we'll see how it goes.
How long did it take you to recover from your csection? and do you think it's hard to breastfeed (after having a csection) if I had the chance?
Sorry for all the questions. Just preparing myself just incase :flower:

Thats Ok. Ask away. My midwife didnt even discuss c-sections with me at my birth plan last time so I was really unprepared and I dont think that helped so if i was you id get as much info as possible too.

It took a good 6-8 weeks before I stopped feeling pain where my incision was.but by week 5 the pain was only really felt if i knocked my stomach or had over done it or over stretched. However 3.5 years on I still have no feeling in most of the area around my scar, if i run my hand along where the incision was then i cant feel my hand there but can feel my tummy on my hand. thats a little weird.

The first week isnt great, but its manageable, i'd lie if i said it wasnt painful but they give you plenty of codine etc to take when you come out.

I never breastfed with my first, though I do plan to this time so it was something I asked my MW at my last appointment, she said there is no reason why you cant BF after having a c-section because it takes a day or two longer for your milk to come in as usually this is triggered naturally by the body when delivering the placenta so it does take a little longer apparently.

xx

Thats Ok. Ask away. My midwife didnt even discuss c-sections with me at my birth plan last time so I was really unprepared and I dont think that helped so if i was you id get as much info as possible too.

It took a good 6-8 weeks before I stopped feeling pain where my incision was.but by week 5 the pain was only really felt if i knocked my stomach or had over done it or over stretched. However 3.5 years on I still have no feeling in most of the area around my scar, if i run my hand along where the incision was then i cant feel my hand there but can feel my tummy on my hand. thats a little weird.

The first week isnt great, but its manageable, i'd lie if i said it wasnt painful but they give you plenty of codine etc to take when you come out.

I never breastfed with my first, though I do plan to this time so it was something I asked my MW at my last appointment, she said there is no reason why you cant BF after having a c-section because it takes a day or two longer for your milk to come in as usually this is triggered naturally by the body when delivering the placenta so it does take a little longer apparently.

xx

Thank you very much hun! I feel a little bit better now I know all that. I am getting myself prepared, just to be on the safe side. So I can be ready. As you say, they don't really talk to you about csection, so I know nothing about it.
Hopefully it shouldn't come to that, but either way it shouldn't be too bad :)
xxx

i also had horrible after pains after my 2nd :baby: not looking forward to them...:growlmad: i havent had a section, so not sure if you do get them:shrug: xx

It's more like your stomach contracting again, but worser pains. I can't really describe it. I'm putting some pain killers in my hospital bag, just incase the midwives are rushed off their feet again. Really is painful. But goes after a few days. They say, the more children you have. The worser the pain gets... Oh dear :haha:

painkillers! what a good idea to add to a hospital bag list. i hadnt thought of that. if i had a natural birth do you think nurofen would be strong enough? they are what i always took for migranes before baby was made. also would i be allowed to take them if breastfeeding or would i just be allowed paracetamol which if im honest i think they do nothing for me. i think im a bit of a dedicated nurofen supporter lol

Pain killers are O.K to take when breastfeeding so the midwives said at the breastfeeding clinic i went to last week

x

It's more like your stomach contracting again, but worser pains. I can't really describe it. I'm putting some pain killers in my hospital bag, just incase the midwives are rushed off their feet again. Really is painful. But goes after a few days. They say, the more children you have. The worser the pain gets... Oh dear :haha:

painkillers! what a good idea to add to a hospital bag list. i hadnt thought of that. if i had a natural birth do you think nurofen would be strong enough? they are what i always took for migranes before baby was made. also would i be allowed to take them if breastfeeding or would i just be allowed paracetamol which if im honest i think they do nothing for me. i think im a bit of a dedicated nurofen supporter lol

I'd just take a stronger paracetamol hun. If you look on the box before you buy, it should tell you if they're suitable for breastfeeding. They helped me a lot when I was in hospital as the nurses were all too busy seeing to pregnant women at the time and had to just cope with the pain. Might be best to ask your doctor what the best pain killers are for after pains. I will when I go in a few weeks :) (I never thought of asking before, silly me) x

i wouldnt have thought of it if it hadnt been written on here :) i will definately pack some - just in case. i want to be able to enjoy baby rather than be thinking about how much pain i am in lol

if ur in hospital they will be able to offer u painkillers so u dont need to pack any, but keep some in the house as they do come in handy if u have stitches

Morning ladies. Im suffering so bad with heart burn :(

Im going to go to the drs and get a prescription as I think ive almost got shares in gaviscon the amount ive bought recently so I may as well take advantage of my free prescriptions.

I have acupuncture today for my SPD, feeling really nervous about it.

x

I have a question about heartburn, I've never really had it before.... is it that feeling that food is stuck at the bottom of your throat?? I keep getting that, and it makes me feel like I want to throw up (or burp).... If that's it, can I take an over the counter for it?

heart burn is like a buring sensation up ur food pipe and in ur throat, its acid being pushed up the pipe. u can take anti acid tablets for it which u can buy everywhere.

im suffering from it bad today :(

moomin_troll The hospitals I've been too have always been too busy and would leave me hours in pain. So going to take some strong paracetamol just incase I'm left like that again. Really dreading the after pains this time.

Stef- Hope everything goes ok hun x

TTCNumbertwo- I've been having loads of that lately too. Gaviscon has helped me a lot, but I've tried tablets, milk etc and they never seem to work.

moomin_troll The hospitals I've been too have always been too busy and would leave me hours in pain. So going to take some strong paracetamol just incase I'm left like that again. Really dreading the after pains this time.

Stef- Hope everything goes ok hun x

TTCNumbertwo- I've been having loads of that lately too. Gaviscon has helped me a lot, but I've tried tablets, milk etc and they never seem to work.

my hospital is terrible so i wouldnt trust them to give me toast...which they actualy didnt lol

the after pains with zane werent bad at all so think i was just lucky, i was just beyond sore down there

For me heartburn is like having my windpipe/chest on fire :(

Couldnt describe that better myself.

Acupuncture was O.K, dont feel any different yet but not sure how long its supposed to be before you feel anything from it.

Physio also gave me crutches... So thats it... im officially a cripple :haha: If I dont laugh about it ill cry

xx

I have a question about heartburn, I've never really had it before.... is it that feeling that food is stuck at the bottom of your throat?? I keep getting that, and it makes me feel like I want to throw up (or burp).... If that's it, can I take an over the counter for it?

ive never had it until now either. yes i feel like i have something stuck in my throat and like i am going to be sick. its an acid kind of feeling in my throat. im downing milk at the moment or drinking tea with looooaaads of milk and sugar in. it seems to do the trick most of the time

Couldnt describe that better myself.

Acupuncture was O.K, dont feel any different yet but not sure how long its supposed to be before you feel anything from it.

Physio also gave me crutches... So thats it... im officially a cripple :haha: If I dont laugh about it ill cry

xx

Aww, I can understand how you feel hun. I've had SPD since about 14 weeks pregnant and it's honestly been horrible. Chasing the children is impossible now lol.
Try and take it easy and hope thing progress for you xxx

Thanks hun, it caught up with me pretty early too but its just getting worse. I got it with my first too but not as bad as this.

I feel like a hobbling idiot some days, especially when Olivia runs off and im trying to hobble as fast as i can behind her.

xx

Hi Mommas!

Just got back from my OB appointment, had an ultrasound and I'm 28+5 and my lovely daughter is measuring at 4lbs already! I was told that I would be induced and in about 8 weeks!!! So roughly at 37 weeks, which will be in July! Holy Mackrel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->