Rehomed my dog yesterday

I was thinking of doing the same with my dog he dosent shed hes a poodle and hes wonderful with max but he keeps eating his diapers or taking max's toys ..were bringing him to doggy school to see if we can fix the problem first

awww thats a bit sad, i've got 2 cat who leave alot of hair around but i wouldnt get rid of them, but i can see why u did it,

Can I ask how your found having a dog and baby? (obviously not easy) but how did the dog react to her etc... Im slighty worried about my dog... hes a bit nuts.

I had to do this for my kitty :(

The lady she went to had a house furnished for a cat rather than her (Sc seen it I couldn't go) ...cat water fountains loads of sctratching climbers etc etc Bloody cat will be having a ball :lol:

I did right by Caitlin because the hair was MADNESS and whist PG she wee'ed on our couch for some reason. I was n pins tbh and worried about the moses basket (cat was jumping up) but I also did right by my kitty who had less attention more shooooooos.

My dog was absolutely fine with baby. She was a bit off with me at first as she was used to having all the attention but she loved her, she used to sit and protect her (of course I'd never leave them alone just incase) but my baby was part of me and Tash (my dog) realised that.

BUT, she was a long haired border collie and no matter how much you brush her she just malted and malted (I brushed her 3 times a day) and it was ridiculous. As soon as you hoover there is hair EVERYWHERE. Finding one in Caitlyns mouth really was the last straw. :(

Oh and as for the nuts dog thing, so was mine, she calmed down soooo much!

aww hun i need to do it aswell my dog is nearly 17 and pooing and weeing all over need to get her to the rspca

Sorry this got me confused? are you wanting to rehome her?
Realistically no one would take her on, and it would be very traumatic at that age.
Many Tears Rescue in Wales have a no kill Policy (this is where our dog came from) The RSPCA would more than likely put her to sleep.

I understand how you feel, we had two shih tzu's up untill a few weeks ago, but we could not house train them no matter what we did... I would literally take them out every 15 minutes, and it got to the point, that as soon as they would go back in they would poop and wee again :cry:

Broke my heart and i cried for days, but i just couldn't see how the baby and poop everywhere would mix.
They also developed a taste for cat poo and thier own poo and would literally sit by the tray waiting for the cats to do their business and pounce...

Still have the persian cats though, after the poos and wees they actually seem sterile in comparison :rofl:

My dog likes cat poo aswell. He rolled in horse shit the other day. Gross. He took about 6 months to toilet train. Luckily he has just got the hang of it. Stubborn git. So fingers crossed as he doesnt have long hair so that shouldnt be a problem. I couldnt live without the little bugger.

I gave it just over 18 months with our 2 shih tzu, but we just couldn't crack it, would be 2 maybe 3 days of them being clean, then bam! I'd wake up and find like 5 poos in the morning.

I figure they just liked poo, eating it, rolling in it, putting it around the house... missed them like crazy after but have no regrets rehoming.

Awww hun..... sounds like you made the right decision.

I know how ya feel.... my cat as moved in with my mum since Rihanna as arrived and i had to re home my cocker spaniel a year ago as I travel alot with work and he needed loadsa love xx

Sounds like you made the right decision for yourself... Im sure the old man is going to love her to bits.

Our dog is part of the family, I could never imagine giving him away :(

i know this is going to have me jumped on..
but, from working at a humane society for 7 years, i honestly don't think you should go see the dog... it would cause so much confusion for the poor thing... i know it's probably hard thinking about never seeing the dog again, but the dog would never settle in properly with it's new owner because you coming to see it would just have the dog thinking you're coming back... especially if you had it for 8 years..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->