rehoming my dog :(

I'd rehome dh! And my oh knows it! My dogs are my babies! xx

Your husband is screaming at you and the dog, AND hits the dog? Still you rather keep him than a loving protective dog?

Then you write that giving it up is the best for the dog, that you know the dog will get a good home some place else, that it require more energy than you can manage atm and so on.... This kinda makes me read that you already decided to give the dog away which is a real shame :nope:

Haven't read all the replies but my mum had a dog for a few years before meeting her second husband. After a few months of marriage he started to lose his temper if the dog did anything slightly out of line. Then he stopped letting the dog sleep on the bed so it spent the whole night scratching the living room door desperate to be with her mummy! One occasion he hit the dog hard and my mum found her a new home! She still gets upset thinking about it and never really forgave him for making her give the dog up! Turns out that was the start of finding out what the bloke was really like and after a few years they got divorced, he was so nasty at the end! Luckily their house has just finally sold and when the money comes through mum is buying a dog!

I have a 8 month old collie x gsd and he is extremely protective of me and my daughter to the point where he has to go out for a walk with someone before he will let them in the house without barking. Your dog is trying to protect you from someone he obviously sees as a threat to you. I think you and your Dh need to talk about this properly and he needs to realise that the dog is part of the family and treat it as such. Personally for me the only way I would ever get rid of my dog is if he showed aggression towards my daughter and whoever I end up with will have to spend the time building trust with Apollo before becoming part of the family unit x

My collie cross was the best dog I've ever had!

I'd definitely not rehome the dog, he only reacted that way because of how your OH acted, it's totally not fair.

xxx

Please don't rehome him..be a bigger person and tell your oh the dog is staying and if he lays a finger on it you will call the rspca..the dog did nothing wrong so why should he suffer??

I wouldn't re-home the dog. You need to have a good chat with your husband, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->