RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

WOW I'm really jealous of that gain, that's fab! It take 6 weeks to gain 1lb with my LO so Trinity is doing amazing now, what does she weigh? xx

She weighted 14lbs 1oz on Weds. :flower:

Yep, she's bigger than Felicia now too, Felicia is 12lb (at 6 months old)!

Just bumping this for a few Mamas who've been PMing me. :) x

Fantastic!! I only managed to breast feed for 6 days but reading this has made me so determined to successfully breast feed my LO due in January xx

I really wish I'd found this earlier! I gave up at 7 weeks when my MIL convinced me that LOs weight gain was dangerous as his centile dropped from 75% to 50%. Not long after I realised that she had never breast fed any of her kids and all her comments were comparing LO to her FF babies & was desperate to relactate. So what if he didn't STTN and had to sleep in my bed, didn't bother me! Now she moans that he's overweight and wants to teach me how to feed him properly (no more than every 4 hours). How freaking dumb am I?! Next time I'll know better! You know what makes me feel worse? Other than feeding every 90 minutes, I had no problems. It never hurt, no cracking, no nothing, it was wasted on me :-(

Ahhh no way!!! That's so sad!!! Well maybe next time eh. ;) I had the same jargon from my mil too. Plus Irish healthcare system is Clueless about bf!! Next time for sure!!! X

I keep saying that next time will be different. But although I'm not even pregnant yet I feel guilty that I want to bf the new baby longer than Logan, I kind of feel like it should be equal! Stupid I know, but what if one day he asks me about it and I say "well MIL told me to give you formula and once I'd done that a few times you wouldn't go back to the boob" it sounds so stupid!

I have to say it's caused huge amounts of resentment towards her by me. After he'd been on formula for a week he put on weight and when we told her I heard her say to OH "I told you she was starving him". Now he wonders why I'll only leave Logan with my Mum and not her!

I keep saying that next time will be different. But although I'm not even pregnant yet I feel guilty that I want to bf the new baby longer than Logan, I kind of feel like it should be equal! Stupid I know, but what if one day he asks me about it and I say "well MIL told me to give you formula and once I'd done that a few times you wouldn't go back to the boob" it sounds so stupid!

I have to say it's caused huge amounts of resentment towards her by me. After he'd been on formula for a week he put on weight and when we told her I heard her say to OH "I told you she was starving him". Now he wonders why I'll only leave Logan with my Mum and not her!

I remember mum telling me "your so niaeve with your first-you just dont have a clue"--she was so right! Only for I had a section and could t drive for 6wks, I was glued to this forum and learned SO much!! My PHN was a cow, my doc was useless and ALL my family told me to FF her, so I did.

Don't feel bad, you'll know better next time. :)

Just wanted to say I found this really insperational! I have decided that I want to relactate as well because I feel like we gave up way to fast. Everyone around me thinks its not possible and I should just stick to the formula. LO has acid refulx and is medicated I want to do this for her and me! I just wish people wernt so ignorant and clueless about it so I could get one on one help from someone I'm confortable with ! Anyway congratulations on your success!

Just wanted to say I found this really insperational! I have decided that I want to relactate as well because I feel like we gave up way to fast. Everyone around me thinks its not possible and I should just stick to the formula. LO has acid refulx and is medicated I want to do this for her and me! I just wish people wernt so ignorant and clueless about it so I could get one on one help from someone I'm confortable with ! Anyway congratulations on your success!

Thank you so much!
I had similar issues with people being discouraging. I ended up telling a wee while lie... (sssshhhh!) I said T was developing an allergy to formula and that the doctor recommended to go back to breaskmilk. My doctor was CRAP this was SO not true but it was the only way I could get people off my back!

Thank you so much!
I had similar issues with people being discouraging. I ended up telling a wee while lie... (sssshhhh!) I said T was developing an allergy to formula and that the doctor recommended to go back to breaskmilk. My doctor was CRAP this was SO not true but it was the only way I could get people off my back!

i never thought about that! such a good idea for those that try to tell me im doing the wrong thing! thank you :flower:

This is so inspiring! I just read your story and would like to learn from you how you managed to do it. Long story short -- baby is now 3 months, nurses at hospital gave her formula at day 2 because of weight loss. We sort of limped along breastfeeding and formula feeding for th last 3 months. Want to ebf but have 2 issues - supply is very low now and baby prefers fast flow of bottle. This makes me sooo sad. I got little support around me. Appreciate if you can PM me. Im really new to this forum too and havent figured out how to send private messages. Help!! :/

This is so inspiring! I just read your story and would like to learn from you how you managed to do it. Long story short -- baby is now 3 months, nurses at hospital gave her formula at day 2 because of weight loss. We sort of limped along breastfeeding and formula feeding for th last 3 months. Want to ebf but have 2 issues - supply is very low now and baby prefers fast flow of bottle. This makes me sooo sad. I got little support around me. Appreciate if you can PM me. Im really new to this forum too and havent figured out how to send private messages. Help!! :/

Id love to help!

Could you help me? May I PM you? I am very very happy for you sticking to it when it worked and not listening to others <3

Just read through this journey! And wow! You are and your LO are really amazing! What a journey reading though your highs and lows! (Although very very few lows)! I bf for 3 weeks and gave up to get some help with feeding from OH which I didn't even get!!
Our next Is due July and I'm going to be sure to read through this whenever bf gets tough!
You and your baby have done amazing and you should be so so proud of you both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->