RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Wow!! That is amazing gain. When my daughter was that age she used to gain 9oz fortnightly to follow her centile. So well done!

So T gained 8oz last week, but only 3 oz this week. :dohh:

We're seeing a Paed on Friday at 11.30 am. Just to check she's meeting all her milestones and everything. To me she seems so perfect. Happy, alert, playful, smiley, active and good nappy output. Im confident she'll be just fine but its hard not to worry.

Stop weighing weekly, it is only reccomended to weigh once a month!

Stop weighing weekly, it is only reccomended to weigh once a month!

There was 6 wks where her weight gain was AWFUL so we've been asked to weigh weekly to make sure she's doing okay. Thank you for the advice but I'm going to stick with what were doing at the moment as Id hate to be stunting her development by her not gaining enough weight and not noticing it. :flower:

So our apt with the Doctor went great. He said she is the "picture of health"! :thumbup: No need for weigh ins anymore. :happydance: We are EBF all by ourselves... What a liberating feeling.

Best news ever! You've done brilliantly. Massive hugs to you both. Xx

I just wanted to "Bump" this thread. Hopefully to inspire some other Mums who may be considering Re-Lactating.

Looking back now I will say hands down it was THEE hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done. Nothing on Earth compares to seeing my daughters happy little face after a big feed. Having her be able to just nodd off after her Milkies rather than having to keep her upright to be winded and sitting for and hour+ tapping, bouncing, rubbing her back to wind her when she was on formula. Listening to her crying with pains in her belly for trapped wind. Now I lift her up and she burps and giggles. Or I can put her right down to sleep if shes snoozy. :cloud9: (Im not saying all FF babies have wind issues but we sure did!)

Being able to stay out and about for longer than planned is so liberating, especially after being stuck in doors for the first 6wks of her life after a Csection. Not having to deal with extra washing/steralising/heating up bottles, getting out of bed in the middle of the night is wonderful.

Most of all that blissful feeling of knowing that I defied the medics, the "know-it-alls, and the FF-pushers and have now been EBF my sweet girl for almost 2 months!

I believe in the power of a mothers love, I believe in the power of oxytosin ( I am full sure the hormone rush of BFing her and then having to pump and ff as well is what got me through!) I believe that any mother can successfully relactate and be able to BF their baby with a LOT of hard work, some herbal and or medicinal help and enjoy it.

Please feel free if your considering working towards re-lacating to contact me.

Here are some links that REALLY helped me on my journey.
Weaning from suppliements
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/basics/decrease-formula/

Relactation and adoptive breasefeeding
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/

Increasing low Milk Supply
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/

Thanks for reading! :flower:

Bumping this for all the Mums who've been PM'ing me about help. There are links on the previous page to all kinds of awesome advice! :flower:

Aw newmrs loving the support blinkie!! Your just fab (and your little princess too course)! X

Just read all 30 pages and wow!!!!!
WHat an amazing journey you've been on and what great rewarding success you've had. Well done hunny xx

So I just thought I would update.
My darling Trinity gained 1.5lbs in 3 weeks! Thats our last weight check now till shes 9months! I am delighted to finally have them off my back! :flower:

WOW I'm really jealous of that gain, that's fab! It take 6 weeks to gain 1lb with my LO so Trinity is doing amazing now, what does she weigh? xx

truly insiprational. After a rough start I started to exclusively pump and supplement with formula at night, but after reading your story I decided to try one more time and even tho I am using a nipple shield my baby has being EBF for 3 days now!!! hopefully we will stay fromula free :)

You are an amazing mommy! I wish I had been more like you when I considered relactating. Kudos! I enjoyed reading your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->