RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Wow, so WONDERFUL to log on and read this update today. What a journey with a beautiful ending (ok, beginning really!)!! Your hard work has been so inspiring and your story just goes to show that everything is possible with hard work and dedication! Well done, I am so excited for you. Please give us all a few more updates on how the next few days go. :hugs: :hugs:

I will surely. It has been one hell of a rocky road but we've made it!! :)

Well today T has been stuck to me!! Feeding every 45 mins. It was exhausting. Shes had 7wet nappies in 24 hours do what's coming out must have went in. It's mostly just comfort sucking. She did get immunisations the other day so that could be an added factor. She seems contented once fed and let at the breast whenever she likes. We also had our first awkward moment with and elderly male relative who came to visit yesterday right after my MIL had been.

She almost lost her life when she asked "wil I make her up a bottle" and I proudly replied "she doesn't take a bottle anymore".. Well the look on her face was priceless although she thinks my baby will starve because i couldn't possibly breast feed successfully after failing once already.... Hmmmmm watch and see woman!!

Then an elderly family friend came to visit me today. He's a veg farmer and kindly brings me boxes of fresh fruit &veg every week. He was having a cuppa tea and T started demanding fed. So i said to him that she's getting hungry. He offered to hold her while I make a bottle. When I told him she doesn't take bottles anymore he said "oh your feeding yourself now? That's wonderful! Well I'll leave ye to it"... Well... He was out the door so
Fast he left his hat on the table... Poor man...

I reckon this week will be a lot of feeding and comfort sucking
To keep the demand high. But whatever it takes. :)

Aw bless him! It's great when people respond like that! A real confidence boost. Xx

Well done you, ,I knew you would get to be EBF xx keep us updated
how long do you plan to breastfeed for ?

Well done you, ,I knew you would get to be EBF xx keep us updated
how long do you plan to breastfeed for ?

I plan to BF till she self-weans. I'm all for human milk for human babies as long as possible.

She's been feeding every 1.5 hours day and night yesterday and last night. So I will admit I am pretty exhausted today!!

What a great update! I bet you and baby are pleased as can be. Hats off to your perserverance!

What a great update! I bet you and baby are pleased as can be. Hats off to your perserverance!

Thank you. We sure are! She gets all smiley when she sees me undoing my nursing bra then laying her down. It is pretty adorable!

We have been EBF for a whole week!!

I did feel like the worst mum in the world a few times this week though. T's poops were very odd, dark very wet and stinky. She's been pooping 1-2 times a day. They got lighter in colour and a bit less watery. I think she may have been mildly dehydrated one day too as she had an orange stain on her nappy but no pee. Her wet nappies are 6times in 24 hrs, but that day there were only 5. I called my LLL Leader and she said stick with it. That it could also be a fore/hind milk imbalance. So we stuck with it and we're good now.

She's still feeding like a newborn but I expect that to last a while longer.. ;)

Awesome update:happydance:

Lol at the old bloke leaving his hat:haha:

My LO sometimes gets the orange staining, its something to do with crystals and dehydration, just keeping offering the breast and keep an eye on the nappies :thumbup: Mind to keep your fluids up and your energy levels while she's nursing so frequently:hugs:

This is just fantastic...so pleased for you! Just told my DH about you and he's very pleased for you too!!!:happydance:

Thanks so much ladies.

I'm trying to drink 3ltrs of fluids a day. Between water, dilute sugar free squash, fennel tea and milk. I don't think my poor bladder could handle anymore.... :/

I'm devistated after our HV this morning.
Here's a link to what's going on. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/1060309-they-want-me-top-her-up-again-help.htm

Here we go again. Daily weigh in's to check progress.

I'm sure you'll see some progress in her weight and the weigh-ins will put everyone's mind at rest. x She feeds plenty, has plenty of wet nappies and is alert, I'm sure she's doing great.

So she gained 8oz in a week.. My LC seems happy enough with that? Were going to weigh in again next week with her. :)

That's great! DS used to put on 8oz per week and that was enough to follow his line on the centiles graph. You have done so well, it's a brilliant feeling isn't it!? (My story wasn't as dramatic, only 10 days of not BFing, hoping this baby will be different!)

That's great! DS used to put on 8oz per week and that was enough to follow his line on the centiles graph. You have done so well, it's a brilliant feeling isn't it!? (My story wasn't as dramatic, only 10 days of not BFing, hoping this baby will be different!)

It is so lovely! To know she gained 8oz all from me is fantastic! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->