RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

I always check this thread everytime I come on to the forum!

I love reading about your and your daughters journey. Such an inspiration, please don`t feel guilty you picked up on it which is the most important thing.

So today I decided an electric pump will probably be better... Why on earth am I only thinking of this now?!

I will order one either tonight or tomorrow. Probably the Medela Swing... Get these boobies to their highest potential... ;)

Oh I didn't realise you didn't have an electric one, I just presume everyone has one ha ha, I've the medela swing and it's fab, got it with boots points too. I used hand pump with imm and hardly got anything, then got tt closer to nature one and it was like WOW!! Xx

Oh I didn't realise you didn't have an electric one, I just presume everyone has one ha ha, I've the medela swing and it's fab, got it with boots points too. I used hand pump with imm and hardly got anything, then got tt closer to nature one and it was like WOW!! Xx

That is baby brain at its finest!!! I'm excited to get some serious boobie pumping done... I'll probably start to "moo" soon!!!

ha ha! you do feel like a cow when pumping so much! you'll love it though how quick and easy it is compared to hand pumps! xx

Awwwww <3 I have just discovered this thread and how amazing are you! Well done that's just so amazing! You are doing so well xx

You'll seriously feel like a cow with a electric pump I get myself going every two hours on my double electric and I feel very cow like. In fact when my 5 year old nephew was over the other day he looked at me and laughed saying you're being a cow. :haha:

Sure if you can't find the humour in a situation as this you'd go mad! Ha... Mind me asking what pump you have? I'm thinking of the medela swing?

She's being very strange today. Being on the breast for 2-3 mins then just getting lazy and coming off, the. Smacking her lips and bobbing her head again a few seconds later so I'm having to relatch her... The breast is still quite full...

I've been renting a medela symphony which is great but now looking for something that takes batteries for the summer so I'm not stuck at home. I've had times when lo has been weird like that, for about a week one time I couldn't get her to latch at all on the left breast but she seemed to get over it eventually.

The medela swing can be power supplied or takes batteries. Xx

So I bought a medela swing today!! :) I also got motilium, so I'll start taking that tonight. The pump is steralising right now. So some major milking tomorrow.. ;)

Is motilium a brand name for domperidone? You'll love the swing. Xx

I can't remember how much I took when I was exclusively pumping them 4 days but when she had her 4 month spurt I felt so empty constantly and took 20mg 4 times daily for about 4 days to boost it. I felt it helped anyway. Xx

Alright, so the last few days have been tough, I've had to attend apts and be out of the house so much, meaning LO& I didn't get our hour long sessions like we usually do.. So I'm not feeling too great about that. I guess the dehydration really knocked me back. I still feel awful about it. I'm just in bed now after pumping with my new medela swing!! Still, we did only manage a half oz.. I'm a little disappointed by that.

So tomorrow we have nowhere to go, are having no visitors and i can pump& feed all day. I've made a big pot of soup today for snacking, chopped carrot sticks and fruit bowl and bought breadsticks. So I plan on having a day stuck to the sofa feeding or pumping.

It really just pisses me off that people react so negatively when I tell them I'm trying to eventually EBF her.. They look at me like I've got 4heads. Cannot possibly imagine why I would put myself through all this feeding &pumpng if she'll take a bottle just fine?! I don't understand how set on formula people are...
Rant over...

So pumping every 2hrs, 20 min each side? Yikes. I'll be busy!!!

I don't think I pump anywhere near what I produce, if i put lo on after I can still hear her swallow. So I wouldn't let not pumping much discourage you.

I don't think I pump anywhere near what I produce, if i put lo on after I can still hear her swallow. So I wouldn't let not pumping much discourage you.

I agree, I don't know how they do it but the babies are so much better at getting the milk out than a pump! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->