RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Your LOs saliva tells your body that she's there and wanting milk, that's partly how your body knows up the difference between pump and baby so she'll be getting a lot more than the pump, don't worry about that :)

I just need to keep at it... It'll prob be a few more wks still until I can take her off bottles completely.

Your doing fab though soon bottles will be a thing of the past, xxxx

Your LOs saliva tells your body that she's there and wanting milk, that's partly how your body knows up the difference between pump and baby so she'll be getting a lot more than the pump, don't worry about that :)

I didn't know that!!! That's fantastic! She's been comfort sucking now for about 30mins after she stopped swallowing. She's so comfy and snuggled warm right here so as long as she's happy I'm happy!

Wonderful! Keep up the good work! I love reading how both of you are doing. Thumbs up!

So since 5am this morning we've either nursed or pumped a total of 11 times so far and I am exhausted!! Looking forward to a good sllep tonight. Although so far ALL day we've only managed about 1.5 oz from the pump that's 3 pumping sessions so far and I'll try to get another pump in when she wakes around 4...

It seems she just wants to nurse every 90 mins or so...

This is getting hard!! So it takes an hour to pump! 30 mins both sides = an hour!! LO just wants to be entertained all the time. With one hand on my pump bottle and limited mobility I cant seem to keep her entertained too long. Then just when I'm done pumping she wants to nurse...

Today I needed to wash some dishes, do some laundry, cook dinner, get LO bathed and dressed & myself also. Vaccum and clean my downstairs bathroom. -dinner got made, baby got cleaned&dressed, dishes got washed not dried. And that was it!!!!

Dear milk, Hurry UP!!!

been reading through your story and you're amazing! just wanted to say that!

This is getting hard!! So it takes an hour to pump! 30 mins both sides = an hour!! LO just wants to be entertained all the time. With one hand on my pump bottle and limited mobility I cant seem to keep her entertained too long. Then just when I'm done pumping she wants to nurse...

Today I needed to wash some dishes, do some laundry, cook dinner, get LO bathed and dressed & myself also. Vaccum and clean my downstairs bathroom. -dinner got made, baby got cleaned&dressed, dishes got washed not dried. And that was it!!!!

Dear milk, Hurry UP!!!

Stop beating yourself up, my LO is 18 weeks old and I still have lots of days like that! This week has been terrible because he's not been well and has wanted to feed constantly so I've been stuck on the sofa the whole time. I kid you not, I haven't left the house in 10 days! It's not intentional, the first few days the weather was bad so we didn't venture out, then LO came down with this cold and it's been a nightmare just dealing with him on a daily basis without even thinking about going out. I had my mum staying fri/sat and we didn't even manage to get out then - she did a four hour journey just to sit with me watching tv all day! When I told her how long I'd been stuck in for she insisted we went out for the day yesterday, but oliver had other ideas. The most fresh air we got was standing by the back door in the kitchen :haha:

I used to find that with pumping too, maybe try renting a double electric pump for the time being that's what I do and that and a hands-free bra really can help.

Have you got a sling/carrier at all? My lo was like that for a ehe and ended up wearing her to get stuff done! The closeness will help with milk production and you can always try your hand at latching her while in there although I never got the hang of that lol. Because she's on the breast so much you won't get loads on the pump, Freya red both sides other morning and I decided to see how much and got 1oz in total and that was hard work. Normally I pump when quite full and can get a good 3oz in about 5 mins but no chance if she's drained me already lol. Once your lo calms and goes longer it'll get easier. How old is she now? X

Dear milk, Hurry UP!!!

Stop beating yourself up, my LO is 18 weeks old and I still have lots of days like that! This week has been terrible because he's not been well and has wanted to feed constantly so I've been stuck on the sofa the whole time. I kid you not, I haven't left the house in 10 days! It's not intentional, the first few days the weather was bad so we didn't venture out, then LO came down with this cold and it's been a nightmare just dealing with him on a daily basis without even thinking about going out. I had my mum staying fri/sat and we didn't even manage to get out then - she did a four hour journey just to sit with me watching tv all day! When I told her how long I'd been stuck in for she insisted we went out for the day yesterday, but oliver had other ideas. The most fresh air we got was standing by the back door in the kitchen :haha:

It's difficult all right! I did put her in the wrap and we managed a 20 min walk, but mil was coming over last night to allow OH and I to go to the cinema. Its always the way when the monster-in-law decides to visit... :/

Have you got a sling/carrier at all? My lo was like that for a ehe and ended up wearing her to get stuff done! The closeness will help with milk production and you can always try your hand at latching her while in there although I never got the hang of that lol. Because she's on the breast so much you won't get loads on the pump, Freya red both sides other morning and I decided to see how much and got 1oz in total and that was hard work. Normally I pump when quite full and can get a good 3oz in about 5 mins but no chance if she's drained me already lol. Once your lo calms and goes longer it'll get easier. How old is she now? X

She is 8wks old right now. A big chunky 12lb-er!! She's very long.. I have a woven wrap that I put her into which is great for getting the vaccuming done and walking the dogs..

I really need to look into how to nurse in a wrap ;)

I was always scared her face was too squashed into my boob ha ha, but at that young age she fell asleep anyway. I thought growth spurts on top won't help but it's supposed to be 6 weeks isnt it.shes doing fab weight wise, your both doing a great job. Xxx

So today's been good BF'd and pumped a lot today. Probably once every 90mins at least. I'm trying to pump at least 2hourly, weather she's fed or not. Still not much difference in pumping. It does soften the breast, but not empty the way it is when LO feeds... So I'm not sure.. I'm guessing there's more in there... ;)

3x motilium 3xdaily,
3x fenugreek 3xdaily
4+ cups of fennel tea,
1 pregnacare complete
And oats for breakfast ,
2l water daily...

If there's anything youve heard of to boost supply that I haven't got please feel free to add it! ;)

I think with everything you're doing/taking in, you'll be able to feed an entire nursery soon. ;) Good luck!

I think with everything you're doing/taking in, you'll be able to feed an entire nursery soon. ;) Good luck!

I only wish this were true!!! Still only 1.5oz for a days worth of pumping... I know it's not supposed to determine anything and the stimulation is the key, but seriously!!!!

I can barely get anything out with a pump either. :(

You know what helps me? I don't know if you've tried it or not, but when I actually need an expressed bottle for something, I pump one side while feeding her the other. That way she's stimulating my let down reflexes for me. I can't seem to make myself let down for a pump so I never get anywhere alone.

I get 1-2 oz MAX out of both breasts (even 4 hours between!) if I try and pump alone. I can get 2-3 oz out if I pump the side she's not nomming on while she's nomming. Yay for free let down!

Could you maybe try that?

I am beyond upset right now. I've poured my heart and soul into this now for 2weeks solid. Yes there's an improvement. Not as much as I'd like though but I was still giving it all i got. LO woke at 2,30 last night, fed side to side for 2hours till I was like a deflated balloon. She was still hungry. I asked oh to feed her some bottle. (3oz is the max I've given her at one time durning this, the midwife said that if I give her any more she probably won't nurse as often.) So I dozed back off while he ff her coz he was saying how left out he feels over not being able to feed her so much anymore. I only discovered that he allowed her to have 5oz of formula!!! She woke again at 6.15, she wasn't crying or hungry just awake and looking for some play! I've been sleeping 4 maybe 5hours a night since I began this. I am exhausted! I woke oh and asked him to please entertain her, that she wasn't hungry but I was exhausted. (he was complaining the other day he has no time to "relax" anymore!! Well that's what happens when you have a baby.. Stuff needs doing! So yesterday I took LO to my dads, while he played stupid Xbox all, yes ALL day!!! Plus he's off work today and I knew I'd have to get up to feed or pump @ 7am. I just wanted another 30 mins...

10.15am, I look at my phone. LO hasn't BF'd or I haven't pumped in 6hours!!!!! He took the baby down stairs, gave her 5oz of formula again at 9am! I've Given this my all, and he's just screwed it up so much!!! I feel like I might as well just quit now if my own husband won't stick with me in doing this... It'll be around 2pm till she's hungry again... I want to scream!!!!

Oh god!! In his mind he's trying to help I suppose, letting you have a well deserved rest! But for you I can understand how you feel. It isn't ruined, it's s one off. Get pumping and offer her the breast every hour or something, she might take a snack a couple of times or just want some comfort. Don't think it's ruined though, your body won't give up after a 6 hour break. I felt the same when lo went into hospital at 2 weeks and hadn't fed all day, I thought my supply would drop and end up drying up, but it didn't, and yours won't either. Big hugs. Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->