RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Aw your doing fab, didn't know chocolate altered your supply! Certainly the perfect excuse to gorge on it though lol. I'll have to remember that ha ha. X

Either did I! I met another BFing mum the other day who suggested it and I said "sure no harm trying!" I've had 2 chocolate bars a day since and haven't even managed to empty one breast without feeding pumping and feeding again on it!

Wow that is like the best thing ever lol! Forget this health eating pass me the chocolate ha ha!

I am beyond proud of myself. I NIP'd today!!! In the dentists office, with a MAN in the waiting room too, and yes he was a STrANGER!! Ha he just buried his head in a magazine!!

Step 2 of my EBF journey taken. ;)

This is amazing :) I'm so pleased that what you want is working out for you. And well done you on NIP! :dance:

I can't believe how quickly she's weaning off formula. She's gaining weight. Slowly. But gaining. Im so proud of her. :)

You and your LO are doing so well! And well done for NIP! It took me ages to do that!

Be proud of yourself too! Amazing!! How many formula feeds is she having now?

Be proud of yourself too! Amazing!! How many formula feeds is she having now?

She's having up to 12pz of bottles (EBM first, then formula- I'm pumping 1.5oz of ebm a day now) till Thursday when we'll reduce to 11oz for 3 days then reduce by another oz and so on. :)

Hello, I was just having a nose at your thread and im interested in relactating. I stopped feeding completely when she was probably 4-5 weeks old and I was combi feeding for most of that time.
Is it too late for me to try and start again?
If I squeeze both my nipples I can get what looks like colostrum out, probably a drop or two out of each, is this hopeful or just what everyone has at this point pp. Shes 15 weeks old.
I'd love to try again, just wish I tried harder before x

Hello, I was just having a nose at your thread and im interested in relactating. I stopped feeding completely when she was probably 4-5 weeks old and I was combi feeding for most of that time.
If I squeeze both my nipples I can get what looks like colostrum out, probably a drop or two out of each, is this hopeful or just what everyone has at this point pp. Shes 15 weeks old.

Of course Its not too late!! It's a LOT of work though. If your prepared to put in the work its totally doable. I use the kellymom website quite a bit. It has so much good advice. If you really want to then why not? Just start putting baby to breast as often as possible. Let me know how you get on a d if I can answer any questions for you I'll do my best. ;)

Good work, your both doing a fantastic job. Xx
Claire its totally doable but as you can see in this journal there's alot of hard work and commitment to go into it, alot of ups and downs but I'm sure newmrs will tell you it's totally worth every second. Try latching your lo on to start with to see of she will, plenty of skin to skin and quiet time. Xx

Good work, your both doing a fantastic job. Xx
Claire its totally doable but as you can see in this journal there's alot of hard work and commitment to go into it, alot of ups and downs but I'm sure newmrs will tell you it's totally worth every second. Try latching your lo on to start with to see of she will, plenty of skin to skin and quiet time. Xx

It's beyond worth it!!!

Totally not too late I had to stop at 6 weeks and started relactating at around the same age your lo is now. It took a long time and we're still not done yet as we had a few set backs but we only have a 7oz top up a day now and it's still going down.

Thank you ladies, it does sound like alot of hard work. I checked out the website. I think I'll start by seeing if she'll latch on and try pumping for a while to see if it does anything.

Thanks again, and well done to you ladies who have done it sucessfully, hats off to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->