Relactating with Domperidone, anyone?

Has anyone sucessfully relactated with the help of Domperidone?

Up until a month ago DS was EBF. We were told to supplement with FF due to slow weight gain. Supplementing has some how turned into completely FF by now. I still have milk, and have been taking fenugreek, lactation cookies, oatmeal, drinking my weight in water and pumping and haven't been able to bring around good enough results. It's been almost 2-3 weeks of this.

Hubby gets paid today so I'm hoping to convince him to let me try Domperidone. If this doesn't work, I guess our breast feeding journey is over. But I'm not giving up without a fight and it's time to bring in the "big guns."

I'm ordering from this site: https://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-17-motilium.aspx

I'm starting out with an order if 100 tablets just in case it doesn't work (I've heard for some it has the opposite effect, I hope this isn't the case for us).

So has anyone been on or is on Domperidone? How long before you personally saw any results? Did you continue to use other methods to help induce lactation (fenugreek, lactation cookies) along with the Domperidone?

Any thing at all would be helpful. I can't wait to put in my order later tonight, so excited.I want to get back to EBF. I think if the Domperidone works for us we might be able to. :)

I am currently on Dom since last Thursday. I ordered it from the same site you did, paid for express shipping and got it in four days. Believe it or not, it worked since the first pill! I wasn't able to make enough milk to satisfy my son before, and now I can pump approx. 1-1.5 ounce after feedings. This is on just 10 mg/3x a day. No side effects. My Lactation Consultant was concerned that it could make my depression worse because it's a dopamine antagonist, but I have not found that to be the case. Not making enough milk and having to supplement was depressing in itself! I also take Motherlove Special Blend tincture and eat oatmeal daily, but I haven't seen near the results as I have with Dom. Wish doctors would prescribe it for breastfeeding in the U.S. but they have their heads up their @$$es.

Just wanted to post this in case others are reading...

Despite my initial reservations about taking anything unnatural to 'force' my supply, I did start up the domperidone. Took first dose yesterday afternoon, and the second in the evening. (I take mine with meals, easier to remember...) Well, last night I already pumped 10 times more than I had in the morning. It's not enough for a bottle yet, only 50cc but still, what a difference :thumbup: Hopefully others who are considering it will have a good experience with it. I did experience some dizziness which I think might be related to it but it'll probably wear off in a few days, this happens with most meds I get on. :flower:

A lot of people are on 30mg 3x a day. I figured if I was going to be out of a breast pump for awhile I should try to jump start it as much as possible. Turns out nobody has called for the pump so I guess the lady from WIC decided that I could continue using it? Idk, I told them what I was doing and no one has gotten back to me.

Anyway, I'm now doing 60mg a day along with the fenugreek and prenatal. I'm getting about a solid ounce from morning pumps and about a half ounce for the rest. This is both breasts together that I get this much, not from each.

I'm so excited seeing my milk come in, it's really giving me hope that I can do this. I do have trouble getting in enough pumping each day. At most I find time for 6-8 sessions a day. I don't wake up to pump, but I'm thinking I should start. I think OH would find that a bit annoying though so I might have to do those midnight sessions in the bathroom so he can sleep as he has work early.

I'm also not so good at drinking all the water I need to be drinking. I have a 2 quart bottle that I fill up and can usually finish that within a day's time but I feel like I should be drinking more. I used to guzzle down water when pregnant and now I've gone back to not drinking as much as I should. I'm going to invest in some water flavoring to see if that helps me at all.

I've been on domperidone for almost 5 months now, and take 2 pills 3x a day and I have noticed a huge increase! It only took a couple days to see an increase, but up to 6 weeks for it to steady out! I havent noticed any side effects at all with it, but I do notice if I miss a pill my supply goes down, but will come right back up once I take more.
So happy I have found this website \\:D/ and got domperidone with promocode "GET10"

Last edited:
I've tried getting in as many pumping sessions as I can an haven't even touched an ounce. ):

This is only my second day taking it though, and I have noticed that when I massage and do some hand expressing before pumping my milk squirts out like it used to. So we are defiantly getting somewhere. :)

Maybe your breasts just don't respond to a pump that well....some women produce copious milk but can never get any from a pump, some only respond to manual pumps, some only to hand expressing. The pump may still be helping by stimulating your breasts but not as much as something that stimulates them AND removes milk. Have you tried hand expressing instead of pumping? As milk increases due to Domperidome your baby might be the best at increasing your supply through stimulation and milk removal - how does he react to the breast now?

I've been on domperidone for almost 5 months now, and take 2 pills 3x a day and I have noticed a huge increase! It only took a couple days to see an increase, but up to 6 weeks for it to steady out! I havent noticed any side effects at all with it, but I do notice if I miss a pill my supply goes down, but will come right back up once I take more.
https://zillarx.com/dimg/domre.jpg

The sale of domperidome is now restricted in a lot of countries due to serious cardiac side effects so I'm not sure it's safe to recommend online purchasing, although my heart goes out to all those struggling and I wish someone would actually do some research and put some investment in to finding safe medicines to help lactation.

I finally got my order yesterday but my OH didn't tell me about it until this morning (he forgot, lol) so I've just taken my first dose of 3 10mg Domperidone tablets! I'm so excited cannot wait to hopefully see an increase in BM.

On a more frustrating note, the pump I am using is rented from WIC but since my son is on their full formula package (I don't produce enough to only supplement but hopefully that will change) they want their pump back Monday. I'm going to explain my situation to them and hopefully they'll let me continue to use it but if not I'm probably going to be without an electric pump for a while. And I'm going to have to buy my own.

So, that brings me to ask what brand of pump is everyone using? And recommendations? I don't want to spend too much on it, but if it means the difference between an okay pump and a great pump I'm just going to have to convince OH that it's necessary to spend money to get our son back to being EBF.
You didn’t get one with insurance?

Hi I am a first time mom to a 11 month old little boy and I’m relactating because I was exclusively breastfeeding before and then I went back to work and got off track with my pumping and stuff and then it seemed like he kept getting sick while when I breastfed he didn’t. Since my lo only has two teeth I’m trying to go until he turns two.. I started Domperidone two days ago but I see everyone is taking it three times a day so I’m going to up my dose. Thanks for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->