Relatively easy 1st TTC, but having trouble TTC baby 2

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
And I'm back. I was on BnB through my 1st pregnancy/birth/babyhood, and knew it was going to take a while until I'd be back. After a fairly smooth pregnancy, but a nightmarish experience in the first year of baby's life, I was a bit traumatized and wrote off having another baby. Well, DD is almost 4 (say what?!? :cry:) and I FINALLY came around and would like another baby.

Long story short, I got pregnant after about 1 1/2 months of trying the first go around. We decided after DH got back from his year long deployment this fall, that we would start trying for baby #2. I've been through about 4 cycles and we haven't had any luck. I have a regular cycle (ranges between 28-30 days), I'm fairly healthy (still have a few extra lbs that I'd like to lose, but don't smoke, or do drugs, and only drink occasionally), and we usually DTD every other night around ovulation.

I'm very grateful that I had a smooth 1st pregnancy, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned as to why I'm not conceiving this go around. I will put in a call tomorrow to my doctor about going to the Obgyn, but I was wondering if anyone might have any insight.

After a seemingly easy 1st go with getting pregnant, did you have trouble getting #2?

Both of my children were "surprises", and I definitely wasn't trying... So I would say getting pregnant with them was fairly easy. Admittedly, age may have had something to do with it. I was almost 18 when I got pregnant with my first, and 23 when I got pregnant with my second. Now I am 31 years old and next month will make one year if trying to conceive. I am heavier than I'd like to be, but I don't smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol, or even drink sodas/caffeine. However, I do have some blood sugar issues and possibly hormone imbalances. (Though I'm still getting a period roughly once a month.) My youngest is almost 8. That's a bit older than your daughter, but 4 years is still a lot of time for things to change within your (or your husband's) body.

Of course, four months is still well within the realm of normal conception time, as it can take a full year for even normal/healthy couples to conceive. Even so, if you are still having issues after a few more months, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit your gynecologist to make sure everything is in proper working order. :flower:

I know how frustrating it is... it took us 9 months to conceive our daughter after a miscarriage. I remember that it felt like FOREVER.

4 months isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things. I think the average is about 6 months right up to a year.

Are you using OPKs or temping? x

Both of my children were "surprises", and I definitely wasn't trying... So I would say getting pregnant with them was fairly easy. Admittedly, age may have had something to do with it. I was almost 18 when I got pregnant with my first, and 23 when I got pregnant with my second. Now I am 31 years old and next month will make one year if trying to conceive. I am heavier than I'd like to be, but I don't smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol, or even drink sodas/caffeine. However, I do have some blood sugar issues and possibly hormone imbalances. (Though I'm still getting a period roughly once a month.) My youngest is almost 8. That's a bit older than your daughter, but 4 years is still a lot of time for things to change within your (or your husband's) body.

Of course, four months is still well within the realm of normal conception time, as it can take a full year for even normal/healthy couples to conceive. Even so, if you are still having issues after a few more months, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit your gynecologist to make sure everything is in proper working order. :flower:

Like you said, age might be a factor. I'll also be turning 31 (DH is 38) this year, and while that's not old AT ALL, things seemed to happen a heck of a lot faster when I was 26 😉

Four months is nothing compared to some of the long TTC journeys of some ladies, it just sucks getting that negative every month...especially since it took me forever to even think about wanting another baby.

I know how frustrating it is... it took us 9 months to conceive our daughter after a miscarriage. I remember that it felt like FOREVER.

4 months isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things. I think the average is about 6 months right up to a year.

Are you using OPKs or temping? x

So sorry for your miscarriage. Nine months is such torture after such a terrible loss.

You are so right, four months is nothing compared to some of the long TTC journeys of some ladies, it just sucks getting that negative every month...especially since it took me forever to even think about wanting another baby.

I just purchased ovulation tests, so I'll be using those in the next few weeks. Remind me about temping again? It feels like forever since we TTC the first time.

We are in the same boat but ttc #3. Both dd and ds were conceived after 2 months of trying. I figured I was fertile mertle and could get pregnant easy. Boy was I wrong. It's been about a year now but I was bf my dd and got my cycles back around 8 mo the ago so I count from them, or at least my PCP does. I know the feeling of seeing those bfn every month and it's so discouraging. But like the other ladies said (I keep trying to tell me self) it can take up to a year. I did see my PCP and I got an ultra sound done and am waiting till 6-8dpo to get my blood checked because she ordered a progesterone. I would try another couple of months and then see your doctor to see if some tests can be done just to put your mind at ease. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->