rent question

oh gosh its still confusing me i will ring them and see what they say is best
, thanks guys

Yes, as others have said, of you estimate under what you work you will end up owing them money, if you always work over 30 hours then thats your standard week even if your contracted for less, always leave a little wiggle room just incase. the last thing you want it to owe them as that can really mess thing up, better to over estimate and them owe you.

As the others have said, definitely overestimate, you do not want to owe them money as it can be a right hassle! They screwed up my claim one year, and claimed I was £2000 in debt with them, I wasn't at all and it was a fault on there end, but it was such a battle to get it sorted. X

can i just ask, how would i owe them money? what would i owe them it for? would they over pay me?

Yeah so if you say you're earning for example £10,000 they might work out that they will pay you £5000 until April on those earnings so by April you'll have been paid that much in instalments, if it turns out you in fact earned £13,000 it might be that they should have only paid you £3000 so by April you will have been over paid by £2000 which means they will need that money back, so they will have to reduce your award for the next year assuming the "debt" isn't more than what they would pay you next year. But let's say you told them you were going to earn £15,000 as that's the maximum you aim to earn, you will have smaller payments at the moment, but come renewal if you earned less than that they will have been underpaying you so you'll get a chunk back payment in your account. If it's about the same you shouldn't see much difference. My figures were totally fictional, hope this makes sense?!

I think what is a bit frustrating about this thread is how you were happy to pay over the odds for the house when it wasn't your money paying for it (and someone was paying for it, tax payers) but now you are the one paying over the odds you think it's unfair. You should have said from the start that what the landlord was doing was immoral not now that it inconveniences you, so that in essence is why it is unreasonable, if it isnt worth £550 a month then by all means bring it up, but he obviously isn't of good character so I'm not sure how far you will go with it. I would mention all the problems you have with the house, they should be dealt with regardless.

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!
This wouldnt have even crossed my mind to ask for a reduction now I was paying it out of my own money, totally immoral.
If I was your landlord I would give the property to someone paying HB for it and charge the full £550 as you dont seem to want to be there anyway.
If he is charging over the odds, its as pokey and bad condition as you have explained, move!

The ladies on here don't make 'arsey comments' for no reason. Maybe look at youself and think about what your saying before posting and you might get the replies you want, however, not everyone is going to agree with you. You asked for peoples opinions, you got them, you just don't like the responses so get on the defensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->