Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use disposables.. Not because i am lazy but because I chose to. I do not think it is right to say people are harming their children by using disposables or that they arelazy. Everyone has different views and i think some people will get offended by that.

Exclusively disposables with Ramsay, exclusively cloth from birth with falko. I love cloth. So easy, soft, etc. Disposables stink.

I use disposables.. Not because i am lazy but because I chose to. I do not think it is right to say people are harming their children by using disposables or that they arelazy. Everyone has different views and i think some people will get offended by that.

Harming their children indirectly, then. Disposables hurt the environment - the place you snd your entire fsmily live. :thumbup: that is MUCH more important than diaper rash.

I agree that hurts the environment and so do many other things... These things should all be changed... But I think people could have wordes it differently...

People shouldn't be so sensitive. Disposables are handy in certain cases but if everyone used cloth we as a whole would ALL benefit.

It is not being sensitive..when people straight out say you are hurting your child and causing them pain just because of the diapers you put on them? Really? If they were causing my child to have any type of pain or rash i would immediately stop... There are many things worse than using a disposable diaper im sure...

P.s. I most of the time agree with you hot tea and I am not arguing with you. just saying my views on the topic. :)

Saying it is bad parenting to use disposables is silly for sure... It is not a very direct harm, and I think most parents would use cloth if they knew how easy it is. There is just so little info.

I would just chuckle if someone suggested that disposables were that sinister... I mean come on! I am all for cloth, one hundred percent back using them, but that is just silly. That's why I think getting upset or offended is overly sensitive.

We use cloth but Evelyn wears a sposie over night. The initial cost is bigger obviously but it works out so much cheaper and better for the environment. Most of my friends use sposies though so I wouldn't look down on someone for not using cloth nappies! I have converted a few into baby wearing and using cloth bums though hehe.

All right ladies, the thread was about the choice you made between the two. That is what it is, a choice! I do not know anybody where I live who uses reusable, nor are they common around here. I will use disposables, and be happy doing so. I do not judge others for using cloth, why would I as it is not my business. I also will not even be attempting to breastfeed, as I know I have a medical condition in which I will be on non safe medicine for the baby. I do not understand why people are so judgmental???

imo opinion i agree with chloe, i personally think you are harming your child. Not intentionally but just out of naivety. Nobody realises how much harm they cause to babies and the environment because they don't get told. Simple as that.
People look down on formula because everyone raves about how breast is best. Maybe if they showed how gross and disgusting disposables where and made it more common knowledge how harmful the chemicals were people would think twice about using them.

And i also do agree that it is laziness using disposables. You take it off, wipe, chuck in the bin, put another one on. Its not your problem once that is done. Its just going to be chucked into a hole in the ground for no one to care about how long its going to be there and whats going to happen to it.

People should open their minds a little bit more to the world around them and take a little more care about things. So many people recycle. Why not help that little bit more and recycle your nappies too! Help your children and your environment.

Thought there would be a reason why this thread was getting so long.

I have just read the entire thing now. Im one of those of just never looked into disposables,so havn't got much knowledge on them to say much iykwim?

Im quite happy using Pampers though:shrug: Aliyahs not suffered with rashes etc. and doesn't show any signs of discomfort by wearing them.

But i wouldn't say we are 'harming' our children.
I think they could maybe advertise/promote using reusables a bit more? Like i said no one has told me nothing about them.Midwife has never mentioned them to me even.

One parent should be happy with another parents,parenting choices i say.
It's not your child and im sure they are making the right decisions for their own child.

I know I should use cloth but we have a small flat and useless washing machine, no dryer and one drying rack. I always have tons of washing that I can't do cos I'm waiting for drying space so it wouldn't be practical, plus I don't think I'd have the patience along with everything else.

I know I should use cloth but we have a small flat and useless washing machine, no dryer and one drying rack. I always have tons of washing that I can't do cos I'm waiting for drying space so it wouldn't be practical, plus I don't think I'd have the patience along with everything else.

We are the same. Thats the reason why we don't use cloth. We have just got a dryer but with Max at nursery its 10000% easier for me to give them a pack of disposables.

I spend hardly any time at home doing house work (bad I know!). I work 5 days a week and I'm at uni for 5 days a week so to find time to clean and prepare a load of cloth is just wasting time that I can be doing my uni work or spending time with my son.

He has never had nappy rash nor suffered from the nappies that he has worn.

We may pass over to cloth closer to wanting to potty train Max but at the moment sposies are perfect for us :thumbup:

We are the same. Thats the reason why we don't use cloth. We have just got a dryer but with Max at nursery its 10000% easier for me to give them a pack of disposables.

I spend hardly any time at home doing house work (bad I know!). I work 5 days a week and I'm at uni for 5 days a week so to find time to clean and prepare a load of cloth is just wasting time that I can be doing my uni work or spending time with my son.

He has never had nappy rash nor suffered from the nappies that he has worn.

We may pass over to cloth closer to wanting to potty train Max but at the moment sposies are perfect for us :thumbup:

I know I'm the same. With uni and LO and work and an OH with no sense of tidiness the house is always a tip, it's always up to me and there is no way I'd get cloth nappies washed and dried every day as well. Plus there is literally no space unless I hang them out the windows on those drier things. I did actually mention cloth to OH when I was pregnant but he said no way & frankly when LO came alone and I was EE I was so glad it was one job less.

I think we should all be more environmentally conscious but I bet not every cloth bummed baby has parents that never use a car, recycle everything, hardly use electricity etc etc. It's just about practicality.

what about eco sposies? Ok theyre not perfect for the environment and still take a long time BUT they have no chemicals!

If we all cared so much about the enviroment there would be many others things we wouldn't be doing,that we do.

Seems to me a lot of hot topics are coming up and imo based on various patterns and activity of users a little set-up.

If I believe most of what I read on BabyandBump these days my girls had the worst start in life ...sore, smelly, low developing, infected deprived children that will grow up to be obese, behind in class, a lower IQ and constantly sick.
id rather do that than have a house smelling of poo because you haven't flushed the poop down the loo and its sat rotting in your kitchen bin with the odours contaminating all of your food...yum poo flavored apples anyone?
Well I'm unsure what kind of houses you go into but from a person who has used disposables (which isn't for anyone to even debate) the nappies have gone straight into a nappy bag and straight into the bin outside, my home does not smell of poo and the connection to poo flavoured apples baffles me ... do you know people who do dispose of their nappies in their normal indoor house waste bin then take out the food surrounding it to nibble on :confused: weird!

I was going to say that too!
Not all of our disposables nappies are disposed in the same way,so thats jumping to conclusions really.Mine also go outside straight into the wheely bin,in a nappy sack.

I can assure everyone my food isn't contaminated lool

i i planned to use cloth but post of wanted to use disposable. But he came early So we weren't set up for cloth So disposable it was. But then before mex years we started cloth and it's going good. We had a little lazy moment whilst we were moving. But started again today. We still put him in a disposable at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"