Right...cloth nappies - HELP!

Go and like a few Facebook pages too (little lambs, tots bots etc..) they quite regularly post details about flash sales there, I picked up some bargains in a few random LL sales. EBay is also great for pretty loved, there is also a fb page called preloved cloth nappies and accessories which always have ppl selling for decent prices.

Beware, it can become quite an addiction!!

So glad someone posted about this. I've been thinking we'll try cloth nappies but bot really sure where to start!

It's kick started me into looking into them!

I am not sure if anyone mentioned, but there are a few different types if cloth diapers. There are all in ones (liner and shell are one piece) pocket diapers, and we are going prefolds with a Thirsties cover.

The prefolds are the most economic, and you can YouTube how to put them on (you'll also need a couple of snappies to hold them in place). Then you just put the waterproof shell over top of it. They are very easy.

One other thing to note, if you cloth, don't use regular diaper cream for rashes. It gets in the cloth and creates a barrier, and the diaper loses its absorbency. You can use coconut oil of a variet of other natural creams.

For detergent, get something with no bleach, odor, softener, etc. Tide free and clear is an option, but google cloth diaper detergents for others.

Lastly, we took a free class, which I would highly recommend to anyone. You get to see all if the different kinds and pick what's right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->