Ring - kinda off topic

LittlePickle

Reaction score
I think I'm safe writing here as Mr P doesn't really come on B&B although he does have his own account - he's not the type to look at what I'm writing..

I wanted your advice...

We decided to try for a baby last year as we felt we were more than ready and decided that we would start trying after my 30th birthday (so I could get :drunk:)

So.... along comes my 30th and Mr P takes me away to a GORGEOUS hotel and...yup.... you guessed it - he proposed!!! :happydance:

So, we had our engagement / my joint 30th birthday party and fell pregnant the day after - first shot! :yipee:

Since then, Mr P has said a few times that he would like to wear a ring on his wedding ring finger. As a sign we are together / enegaged / a family.
Initially he wanted to get his wedding ring made, wear it as an engagement ring, then use it when we get married.

After talking about it at length, we decided to wait until our wedding day.

SO.... I have decided that I want to buy him an engagement ring and give it to him on the day Chops arrives. I know this will mean the world to him and so after we are left alone, and Chops is sleeping.... I will get down on my knee (if I can) and give him the engagement ring he would so love to wear...

do you think this is a nice idea? and how do I get his ring size? :dohh:

LP
xox

Thats a wonderfull idea hun!! Not to sure about getting the ring size though could be tricky!!!x

Awwww, that is lovely hon!!!!!!

Not sure how you could get his ring size. Maybe get one of those ring things from the jewellers, then moan about how much your fingers have swollen, tell him you have grown at least 3 ring sizes and say 'I bet my fingers are the same size as yours now, let me see' and then put the ring sizer on him.

Not great but could work??

xxx

Awwww, that is lovely hon!!!!!!

Not sure how you could get his ring size. Maybe get one of those ring things from the jewellers, then moan about how much your fingers have swollen, tell him you have grown at least 3 ring sizes and say 'I bet my fingers are the same size as yours now, let me see' and then put the ring sizer on him.

Not great but could work??

xxx

oooo Kiki!! that could work you know!!!... hmmmmmm

its a gorgeous idea but not sure about the ring size, maybe ask the jewellers what the average size is for men and get that, they will change it if its wrong... xx

Aw what a lovely idea LP! Not sure about the ring size. My Hubby would probably have an old ring lying around in a drawer somewhere I could use.

Aww thats a lovely idea.

You could always 'guess', comparing the rings in the shop to your hands and if it doesn't fit then they should change it for you.. I've found that a lot of the time, standard sizes don't fit anyway!

I think its a great idea. And you know he will love it!

Not sure how you could get his ring size though. Men often get it right with women so it cant be that hard to guess!!

That is SO romantic - what a lovely idea!

good idea...ring size? huh i had the same dilema of getting my OH's ring size a while back and what i did was actually get a ring size guide on internet and got one of his rings and matched it against the screen :) although im quite lucky as my OH takes his rings off every night xx

Awwww...that's a lovely idea.
Ring Size...not so sure unless he has a ring lying round, then go off that one xx

Thats such a lovely idea hun.
If he has a ring could you take that to a jewerlers and find out what size it is.

thanks ladies, I think we will be very happy... I know he's thought about it a lot...

only problem is, he doesn't wear rings / watches / anything!!!

Thanks so much guys - you ROCK!
xoxoxoxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back