RIP mrs thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really does seem that who ever you are, what ever party you represent you really cant please everyone when you are prime minister

the country wasnt in a great state when she took over, why wasnt James Callaghan hated this much?

I think the duaration of her leadership probably had something to do with it.

My family were involed in the miners strike, I remember the poll tax. There will never be a one policy fits all. Even with the poll tax, many single/widowed elderly people were in favour of it as it saved them money in comparision to the old rates system (I'm old, I remember it!). Like everything, people tend to remember the negatives rather than the positives of any regime.

Instead of speaking ill of the dead, I believe it is far better to be grateful for the fact that we live in a democratic country and have the freedom to make decisions for ourselves.

Her death is being celebrated by those who believe she was bad at her job (or have been told it by others). The people in charge of the banks during the recent were bad at their jobs and have had a huge negative impact on the nation. What's the difference? Are their deaths to be celebrated as well?

I have no problem with people being against Tory policy at the time (or now!) but I think it is very sad when people are celebrating the death of somebody who has living relatives and friends. I can only begin to imagine how I would feel if somebody celebrated my Mum's death.

A thread just started on this in News & Debates:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/news-debates/1812793-thatcher-dead.html#post26583013

As Noelle610 has pointed out :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle