RIP Nelson Mandela

He was a terrorist who supported some horrific practices.

Right...what terrorist activities were he directly involved in that warranted more than his 27 year sentence? Because if you're talking about the MK bombings that involved fatalities ...he was incarcerated at that time; he was involved in non-fatal attacks on military installations before his arrest. So yeah...those bombings that involved civilians were not spearheaded by Mandela unless anybody cares to correct me, he was just an original founder of the organisation and was arrested very soon after. Now, I'm not saying he wasn't a 'terrorist' in the loose sense as he was obviously involved in anti-government activities in his youth, but are you honestly saying his good didn't counteract his flaws? Because then I really don't think you've comprehended the absolute struggle of the South African people. Even our own heads of state were pro apartheid.

The fact that people still don't see Mandela as a titan of South Africa defies belief. His love was incredible in a country that was fueled by hate. He has left a mark on generations to come, and South Africa will one day find harmony built on the foundations that he laid. There is a long journey ahead of them, and South Africa still has many problems, but these photos showing white and black people singing and crying together give me hope.

:thumbup:

Completely this.
He came out of prison a man with no hate, no vengeance and a determination to make a difference to a country he loved.

I personally think he is an inspiration not only for what he did and what he said and believed. But because he was honest about his mistakes.

And I know someone mentioned his wife? He divorced her not long after he left prison so, surely that indicates he disagreed with her actions.

He was a terrorist who supported some horrific practices.

True, but he gained knowledge and wisdom in prison and tried to do it the right way when he came out. He is the only man so far that ruled south africa with dignity and not causing any scandals. We are suffering today because of some uneducated people running this country. I am able to forgive him his previous mistakes since he sort of proved that he learned from those mistakes he made.

And not to be rude, but people that don't live in South Africa should'nt really be harsh with comments towards him, the same with me living here and commenting on the United kingdom or United States of America. Since I have no right because it doesn't really have any effect on me personally.

The sad thing about Mister Mandela's death is that the anc try to use it in their favour to get rid of the white african people. Yet, they are the ones stealing from their own people to live in fancy houses and drive expensive cars. Sadly, we will propably be in the same predicament as Zimbabwe soon and the people supporting the anc will still suffer..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->