Rolling over???

Elljo3

Expecting #4
Reaction score
A what age do they start doing this?

I've been reading babies doing it from 3 months, Caitlyn is 5 months 1 week but is still showing no signs of doing it.
Is this ok?
X

Really don't worry!!

My LO is almost 9 months and she only rolled over front to back about 2 weeks ago and rolled over back to front 3 nights ago.

They all do things at their own pace, fret not :hugs:

Ok thank you.

She was my third baby but first to need NICU and SCBU so I seem to fret and worry more.

Thank you tho x

I think 3 months is too soon to expect rolling over from back to front. You can maybe see an accidental roll of front to back during tummy time but I think they count all of that as "rolling over" even though baby didn't mean it.

My LO is 5 months and cocks her head and contorts her body into a position where she could roll onto her tummy if she just threw her leg over.... Any day now, right?

Mine didnt start until 7 months...I foubd out the hard way when she rolled off the couch! :0(

Mine didn't start until recently and she's almost 8 months she would do it before but anything she does is on her own time ... She sat up for 10 mins today but sometimes she refuses and topples lol

My little guy first rolled over 2 weeks ago and he just turned 4 months. But he kinda just did it on his own and now he does all the time. But only back to front.. My DS1 I remember working with him and it taking awhile.

Thomas rolled both ways confidently by 3 months. Sophie can't roll at all! All babies do it in their own time.

When they feel like it. My first rolled over front to back starting at 3 weeks, but didn't bother learning to sit until he was 10 months old :haha: He was too interested in moving.

At 4m 3 wks, she rolled from back to tummy, and 5m doing it both ways.

My son took alot longer, I wanna say about 7 months. I also heard boys tend to hit milestones later. Don't see any adults that still can't roll over, so I wouldn't worry about it,lol!

A what age do they start doing this?

I've been reading babies doing it from 3 months, Caitlyn is 5 months 1 week but is still showing no signs of doing it.
Is this ok?
X

I really wouldn't worry about it. Violet rolled for the first time at 3 months, but had very little interest in it and stopped doing it for several months and never really mastered it until 6 months. Now she rolls like crazy. She has a personality though where she's motivated to get to things whereas some babies are content to just sit. Around 6 months, babies go through a "wonder week," where they're supposed to get a bit more mobile. See what you're little one is at after the 6th month, but remember that not every baby rolls by that time.

Willow was 23 weeks...so just over 5 months, they all get there in the end, she's only just taken her fist steps now at almost 17 months...finally I can call her a toddler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->